Where can it be built?

More
5 years 3 months ago #331178 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Where can it be built?

OB1Shinobi wrote: The GPS is broken. Siri keeps lesding us in a circle around one of Endor’s moons and apparently we’re three months behind our payments to Belkin. Rex, i need you plan us a route from Endor to Australia— wherever the heck THAT is.

My maps aren't upside down, so I'm not sure if they're compatible with directions to Australia. Let's ask the archons to spot us for the next month

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331191 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?

Rex wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: The GPS is broken. Siri keeps lesding us in a circle around one of Endor’s moons and apparently we’re three months behind our payments to Belkin. Rex, i need you plan us a route from Endor to Australia— wherever the heck THAT is.

My maps aren't upside down, so I'm not sure if they're compatible with directions to Australia. Let's ask the archons to spot us for the next month

Thats good poor planing. Good bad job!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331207 by
I am planning to buy 10,000 acres of land and establish a new republic where Jedi can live and be free. :P

On a more serious note (Although I really do plan on buying 10,000 acres) It should be on UK soil in my opinion as much I would love to see it in America as I am American :)

I can't think of better places aside from those two in addition to Turkey.

Although I would also love to see blue prints or drawings of potential temples
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #331213 by Vaziel_Sorel
Replied by Vaziel_Sorel on topic Where can it be built?

Yabuturtle wrote: I am planning to buy 10,000 acres of land and establish a new republic where Jedi can live and be free. :P

On a more serious note (Although I really do plan on buying 10,000 acres) It should be on UK soil in my opinion as much I would love to see it in America as I am American :)

I can't think of better places aside from those two in addition to Turkey.

Although I would also love to see blue prints or drawings of potential temples

Would that make them "free range" Jedi? I heard that is better for your livestock of Jedi.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Vaziel_Sorel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331219 by

Yabuturtle wrote: I am planning to buy 10,000 acres of land and establish a new republic where Jedi can live and be free. :P

Wait a minute, you plan on becoming one of those evil land owners you are so scared of? Holding of land automatically implies nefarious activities according to your theories so are we to assume as such in your case as well?

More
5 years 3 months ago #331224 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Where can it be built?

(Although I really do plan on buying 10,000 acres)

Whether or not it is still privately owned I am not sure, but there was a private owner of 20m acres....

If they weren't able to form their own republic, I'm not sure what chances you have (according to wikipedia, which may or may not be accurate, they tried to sell their land, but the former treasurer (current? Don't know, didn't check the news this morning) Prime Minister, "ScoMo" apparently wagged the finger of "national interest" at them.

It turns out you can own half a country and have more money than god, but you can't have freedom.

ANYWAY,

The best block I could find in my price range is just under 900 acres.

1 hr drive from Canberra (which is fantastic for an international Jedi community - the climate will suit any russian (or wyoming) members, and it's close to all the embassies)

The property includes a river, and already has three houses on it for accomodation.

Since I'm not in the business of making myself destitute on behalf of amorphous online religious groups, I'll have to look into setting up a paypal account - everyone interested in a physical temple/jedi retreat can donate, and once I reach a suitable level of investment I can broker the deal.

Obviously there will be a small handling fee, and upkeep for the maintenance of the property. We can discuss catering an so on further down the track (I'll emailing my staff shortly to see how many would be willing to transfer interstate)

Well team - do we go on muttering over this for eternity, or do you grab the bull by the horns and send me all your money?

(For what it is worth, I do have contacts in the government, and can possibly assist with visas, and if you're willing to put in the work, I can provide accreditation towards qualifications which can assist with employment, or not being deported from Aus. You might have to be willing to have a few loved ones die - a lack of support network can assist with the process. Apparently the government has a soft spot for hard luck cases)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331228 by
Bring in on James! I love Wyoming and I always wanted to move to Australia! I support you 110 percent. I assume first come first serve on the buildings on the property?

More
5 years 3 months ago #331250 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Where can it be built?
Unforunately all of the existing buildings will have to be set aside for use by the General Manager and his family, renovated into working facilities by grounds staff, or used for storage.

I can facilitate the installation of a iso container "shanty town" for accommodation and functional areas.

We can look at quotes for commercial shedding as well.

If the project receives sufficient funding to go ahead, I will begin research into hydroelectrics or wind turbines for the property, and whether or not a bore would be viable for fresh water access.

I leave it to the main capital investors as to whether or not they want to finance the R&D prior to purchase, or secure the property and conduct development and approvals process in due course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #331334 by
How quickly do you think we could pool 20 million Euro?

Castle for Sale

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #331335 by
I am all for it. It is in France though, I wonder what the Jedi demographic is over there. It will also depend if you wish to have it as a temple to go to or as a monastery where Jedi go there and actually live, eat, rest and train there :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi