Where can it be built?

More
5 years 3 months ago #330814 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Where can it be built?
Build it in Ecuador.

Now THAT is a getaway :laugh: :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330816 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?

Tellahane wrote: t I Don't feel it to be the "Jedi" way to go out and recruit. We make ourselves available, for sure, if those come seeking. But we do not go out of our way to do so.

That is why a Jedi temple will probably never be a viable option. Until you are willing to sacrifice that tenet there is no need for a physical space. There wont be enough interest in it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #330818 by
I feel like if it is built in a certain place where there's a decent amount of Jedi, you won't really need to recruit. People will line up to see it and get into the faith without being proselytized about it.

Knighting ceremonies would be best personally

The best way you can learn from your masters and especially if you wish to learn combat, via lightsaber, swordsman ship, martial arts ect. It's hard to do that online xD

More non Jedi will check out the faith and practice it

These are some of the benefits of having it. The Master/apprentice relationship is probably one of the most important things in the temple. Now of course you don't need to have a temple built in order to be trained by a master, but if there is a retreat where there are rooms, lightsabers, libraries perhaps, a place where maybe Masters can teach multiple students at once, that would be great.

I understand there are some Jedi that aren't really Jedi and are just pretending to take the name because it's cool and don't really do anything Jedi related outside of claiming to be one same with those who claim to be witches but don't do anything witch related or magic related and just claim to have powers they don;t have and I always feel people should treat faith more seriously because they end up seeing the ones who don't take it seriously and think all Jedi are like that which is unfair. I have seen that in videos where some guy, ignorant of the faith, think that Jedi believe they can do everything a Jedi can do in the films. Much like the people who see fake magicians or magic users and think "Oh this guy claims to use magic spiritual powers, he must think he can move continents and shoot fireballs like in the movies" when real magic doesn't really work like that (Again, anyone who practices a lot of metaphysical stuff knows what I'm talking about but that's another topic)

But if they see a temple, they may think "Oh wow, I was wrong " and may even practice it themselves.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago #330819 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Where can it be built?

Yabuturtle wrote: I feel like if it is built in a certain place where there's a decent amount of Jedi, you won't really need to recruit. People will line up to see it and get into the faith without being proselytized about it.

Knighting ceremonies would be best personally

The best way you can learn from your masters and especially if you wish to learn combat, via lightsaber, swordsman ship, martial arts ect. It's hard to do that online xD

More non Jedi will check out the faith and practice it

These are some of the benefits of having it. The Master/apprentice relationship is probably one of the most important things in the temple. Now of course you don't need to have a temple built in order to be trained by a master, but if there is a retreat where there are rooms, lightsabers, libraries perhaps, a place where maybe Masters can teach multiple students at once, that would be great.

I understand there are some Jedi that aren't really Jedi and are just pretending to take the name because it's cool and don't really do anything Jedi related outside of claiming to be one same with those who claim to be witches but don't do anything witch related or magic related and just claim to have powers they don;t have and I always feel people should treat faith more seriously because they end up seeing the ones who don't take it seriously and think all Jedi are like that which is unfair. I have seen that in videos where some guy, ignorant of the faith, think that Jedi believe they can do everything a Jedi can do in the films. Much like the people who see fake magicians or magic users and think "Oh this guy claims to use magic spiritual powers, he must think he can move continents and shoot fireballs like in the movies" when real magic doesn't really work like that (Again, anyone who practices a lot of metaphysical stuff knows what I'm talking about but that's another topic)

But if they see a temple, they may think "Oh wow, I was wrong " and may even practice it themselves.

I guess my question for you is why is recruiting and validation such a huge importance for you?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330821 by

Yabuturtle wrote: (Again, anyone who practices a lot of metaphysical stuff knows what I'm talking about but that's another topic)

Attachment 5171435992_fd6d8f3df1_b.jpg not found

Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330823 by
I would think UK is really the best in England given the high concentration and America despite a larger population, is too spread out

Obviously it wouldn't be the size of the temple we know of now as that would be too expensive

I also feel like sessions could be set up. People can read their sermons as they do here online. People can learn one another, Perhaps even lightsaber construction classes could take place Sure some can do it online, but really the best way to learn is to learn in person.

But I'm all for more ideas too on how to get it off the ground. We all talked about it at least once, but now is the time we start doing :)

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #330824 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Attachment 5171435992_fd6d8f3df1_b.jpg not found

Dang, does she really only have one eye? Thats hot, can you hook me up?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
5 years 3 months ago #330825 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Where can it be built?
Something about portraying oneself as exactly the cartoon one claims one wants to try and avoid looking like is just profoundly amusing to me for some reason.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330827 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Dang, does she really only have one eye? Thats hot, can you hook me up?

Just say the word but be careful, shes a one eyed witch!

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #330828 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
Did she use her eye to make a potion? Ran out of bats, or something? I hope she wouldn't expect that kind of commitment from me, i like my eyes.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi