Request of council, my reinstatement.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326563 by
The conversation has really run its course. I have never said anyone exceeded legal limits or has grounds to file a law suit. I have simply said the practice is unethical in my opinion and the reason given by tellahane that its done (to protect the organization from liability) is in error because there is a legal statute that disallows that. I feel it is an abuse of administrative power, however that has no bearing on the opinion or practice of the admins themselves. Its a grey area and up to them to decide for themselves. That's really all I had to say.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 5 months ago #326600 by ren
We are gdpr compliant. And when accusations are made about a member, we investigate it like any other organisation has to. Your work email is not yours to do as you please. The same goes for totjo. Needless to say, when we informed the people being investigated (proteus and alexandre come to mind in the past few years), they were eager to cooperate and prove their innocence. The guilty, in comparison, and as you can witness on the forum this very moment, tend to throw accusations around and blame pretty much anything they can think of.

So no, we haven't abused anything. The people whose PMs were looked at are glad we were able to clear their names.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi