The Topic of Censorship and Banning

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323247 by
Nothing is being censored. This isn't about what is being posted here but rather how it's posted. It's about the choices we make on how we treat each other. Even then banning isn't immediate. There is no need to fear banning if we can manage to treat each other respectfully. If someone suggests a different approach take a moment and reexamin your intentions and your feelings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323248 by Carlos.Martinez3

Zenchi wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Due to privacy issues and such - you are not gunna be able to know about every ban and every reason why...

OK, I have one suggestion on this topic. A thread was locked because certain pronouns were used towards a certain member, never was it made public which pronouns should be used or would have been preferred. This, cannot continue...

If threads like that are going to be locked for such reasons, that information needs to be made public as to who wants to be called what pronouns, otherwise we're avoiding clarification which could help avoid further confusion....

Can u link that thread in question?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 10 months ago #323249 by Brick

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/121295-so-is-kyrin-banned-forever-or-what?start=150#322815

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

More
5 years 10 months ago #323252 by Carlos.Martinez3

Brick wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/121295-so-is-kyrin-banned-forever-or-what?start=150#322815

Your asking why she as an OP wants to lock the thread ?

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323253 by Zenchi

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

I don't recall asking a question, I made a suggestion, please re read or read my first post, thank you...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
5 years 10 months ago #323254 by Carlos.Martinez3

Zenchi wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Brick wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

I don't recall asking a question, I made a suggestion, please re read or read my first post, thank you...

Sorry question Was for brick

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323255 by Carlos.Martinez3
OK, I have one suggestion on this topic. A thread was locked because certain pronouns were used towards a certain member, never was it made public which pronouns should be used or would have been preferred.

@Zen
This thread - which was it ?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323256 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: OK, I have one suggestion on this topic. A thread was locked because certain pronouns were used towards a certain member, never was it made public which pronouns should be used or would have been preferred.

@Zen

.... the one Brick linked for you....

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323257 by Brick

Carlos wrote: Your asking why she as an OP wants to lock the thread ?

I'm not sure who you mean by 'she'? The OP, was OB1Shinobi and he didnt want the thread locked.

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: OK, I have one suggestion on this topic. A thread was locked because certain pronouns were used towards a certain member, never was it made public which pronouns should be used or would have been preferred.

@Zen

Appreciate you're asking Zenchi, but since I'm typing anyway. The thread in question is the one I linked to where Rosa says she's locking it because people are using the wrong pronouns.

I think it would have been better to address the pronoun issue, as Rosa rightly did, but then let the discussion continue rather than locking the thread.

Edit: Ah, Ari beat me to it!

Second Edit: I realise I've just broken the terms of use by naming someone, but I don't see how I can answer the questions being asked without doing so? THIS is my problem lol

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323258 by Carlos.Martinez3

Arisaig wrote:

@Zen

.... the one Brick linked for you....

Ok that wasn't the one about pronouns but ok.
The OP wanted to close the thread . There is no reason for not opening another thread on your own for any reason. If you like to keep a discussion going , simply do that.

Edit
She wasnt the OP so sorry Brick - the pastor wanted to lock Ok , I got it now.

The pastors decision is to her. Please feel free to pm her directly and ask the Pastor directly.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi