Official Notice of Resignation

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 weeks ago #319198 by
Replied by on topic Official Notice of Resignation
Jediism is a choice, nothing more. I quest here because I have found value in other people who ask the same questions as I do, nothing more. Before Jediism there were other choices and after Jediism there will be different ones. The name is irrelevant, it is the connection to the people that I find value in. I don’t seek to become a Knight here, I never really have. I seek to find connection. Alan and I had that connection and now Senan and I have that. Of all the people that I have encountered here, these are the two I shall hold most close to my heart for the rest of my life. Not the title but the spirit they embody, that spirit that mingles with mine as we walked this path together for a time.

You ask why the upset but does it really matter? Conflict brings passion and passion brings connection. How do you test yourself if you don’t put yourself, and others into that fire? You never truly know yourself until something happens and then you just react. How you react shows you your true character. If you don’t allow that darkness you will never know who you are and if you never see that darkness in others you will never know who they are. Many will stand by you in the best of times but only your kindred will be there by your side through the worst of times, honestly kicking your ass when your wrong and supporting you when you right, but in either case, never deserting you. These are the people we put faith in and these are the people we can learn from. Those that know we can do more, not because of them, but because of who they know we are.

The first words of the Tao are “The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao”. Do you know what this means? This is actually the entirety of what the Tao is. Everything that comes after that is a red herring designed to distract you from the truth of this one line. People spend a lifetime studying all the components of the Tao because they are not ready to understand this one line. And in that pursuit many never realize the truth. That it is all meaningless except this one first line. The truth of the matter is that there actually is no Tao, there is only experience. When you can grasp this, there is no longer any need for any of the words because they are ultimately meaningless.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #319203 by Tellahane
I hope a few things as I go through these response and this will probably be my last reply for awhile because this shocked me in a way I honestly couldn't believe.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Jediism is a choice, nothing more. I quest here because I have found value in other people who ask the same questions as I do, nothing more. Before Jediism there were other choices and after Jediism there will be different ones. The name is irrelevant, it is the connection to the people that I find value in. I don’t seek to become a Knight here, I never really have. I seek to find connection. Alan and I had that connection and now Senan and I have that. Of all the people that I have encountered here, these are the two I shall hold most close to my heart for the rest of my life. Not the title but the spirit they embody, that spirit that mingles with mine as we walked this path together for a time.

You ask why the upset but does it really matter? Conflict brings passion and passion brings connection. How do you test yourself if you don’t put yourself, and others into that fire? You never truly know yourself until something happens and then you just react. How you react shows you your true character. If you don’t allow that darkness you will never know who you are and if you never see that darkness in others you will never know who they are. Many will stand by you in the best of times but only your kindred will be there by your side through the worst of times, honestly kicking your ass when your wrong and supporting you when you right, but in either case, never deserting you. These are the people we put faith in and these are the people we can learn from. Those that know we can do more, not because of them, but because of who they know we are.

So essentially, you are here to abuse and use everyone for your own purposes. This is what I see when I read this. Your not here for Jediism, you here for growth, k great. I'm surprisingly fine with that. But you throw out these big posts out there about how its bullshit etc etc the way the apprenticeship program is designed, and all these other posts related to jediism and based on the above I can't help but think that all of that was fake. That you did all of that intentionally based off your personal view of how conflict is necessary to determine who will stand by you, just so you can who might be useful to you in the temple and who won't be. So you essentially have been lying in your arguments, creating these big conflict situations not for what they are because they are actual situations but out of your own personal agenda.

To the bold, Surprise kyrin, NOT EVERYONE agrees with that philosophy and you have forced it upon others, I wonder how many people in your journey you have hurt intentionally for your own desire to find people of a specific caliber just to meet your personal selfish needs. The same person who has such passionate arguments about how we shouldn't cram our philosophies down your throats, you turned right around and do it to everyone else.

This is a place of sanctuary, where people can come when they are hurt, not to be hurt. This is a place where we teach compassion and selflessness, not for you to come in use them in conflict just to determine who is who and not care about the people who don't meet your standard and throw them away like yesterday's trash. Lets use your own line, what right do you have to do that?

I hope to everything that I'm wrong in my interpretation of the above, but if even any some ounce of it is true its sickening.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The first words of the Tao are “The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao”. Do you know what this means? This is actually the entirety of what the Tao is. Everything that comes after that is a red herring designed to distract you from the truth of this one line. People spend a lifetime studying all the components of the Tao because they are not ready to understand this one line. And in that pursuit many never realize the truth. That it is all meaningless except this one first line. The truth of the matter is that there actually is no Tao, there is only experience. When you can grasp this, there is no longer any need for any of the words because they are ultimately meaningless.

There are many interpretations to that first line, you need to respect that this is yours, just as I respect that this is yours, but just because it is doesn't mean that any others are any less true, or plausible.
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #319204 by Adder
I gotta say I'm on a Daoist kick at the moment, having a lot of fun translating the Daodejing. It's a kewl way to learn to read Mandarin by linking it to my Jediism, or should I call id Daojedism :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 weeks ago #319212 by
Replied by on topic Official Notice of Resignation
Thread is locked at the request of the original poster.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi