Official Notice of Resignation

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318663 by Brick
Tom,

I'd like to personally thank you for all of your time and service to this Temple. I know its not been easy.

I always tell people that they should only stay at the Temple for as long as it is of help to them, and I'm glad to see that you have recognised it no longer helps you at this time and have decided to step back from it.

I will greatly miss our discussions in the forum and your presence in this Temple. You've been a true example of how a Jedi should behave throughout your time here.

I hope this is not the last time I see you here, but I understand if it is. I also hope you know that you're not alone in some of the concerns you've raised.

I wish you nothing but peace and happiness on the rest of your path, my fellow Jedi.

Your friend,

Brian

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318664 by Proteus
Thank you Tom. I feel that your time and contribution to our temple has not been in vain and your decision to step down and move on can be as natural, necessary, and transforming as any other phase of your time here.

There is a great deal of value that I feel many can learn from with your approach to your path and the experience you have shared with us. I hope anyone who has interacted with you here can honor this going forward.

:)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318667 by
Replied by on topic Official Notice of Resignation
May the Force be with you always.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318669 by
"The millenial snowflake syndrome has made it into the temple as well and its just rediculous from my point of view."

To be fair, some of the people I've seen complaining are about 30 and above, but I totally see what you mean!!

I appreciate everything you have done for this place and definitely agree that this place needs to change. Like you, my enthusiasm here has definitely been winding down little by little the further I go in my apprenticeship but I still hold out hope. In the end, we all come here to better ourselves and if the place doesn't help in your path, then it's not worth following. I wish you the best in your life and in your path, may your connection to the Force strengthen and your life be fruitful and full of happiness.

May the Force be with you.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318670 by Cyan Sarden
May the Force be with you Tom - thank you for everything you‘ve done for us. I consider your stepping down a major loss. And I understand what you‘re saying.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #318680 by
Tellahane,

I’m sorry to see that your training here has failed you so completely. I hope you can find the strength in the real world that you could not find here. You will leave a hole to be filled by the fellow members of your council that have been here for years and fought so hard to make this the place it has become. As one of the membership that you choose to only see the negative in, I for one will continue to support who remains and I will continue to demand the best from them in their choice to serve.

It’s sad that you could not maintain that level of excellence but I understand your plight. From your OP it seems you have always maintained unrealistic outlooks not only in your expectation that others should lead you down your path instead of you taking responsibility for your own path but also in the perception that a person will be dramatically transformed into some mystical super being as depicted in the Star Wars films from only a few months of part time spiritual training here in this place.

This is a place of conflict by design not through unwanted interaction. This is how the membership grows and learns about themselves. It’s not something where we achieve perfection after watching a video or two. It’s a lifelong process and it never ends. But you will also learn this in time as you venture out into the world and realize your encountering the exact same things there that you have here.

My only advice to you at this point is to not let the door hit you on the way out. Thanks for your time and dedicated service and that door will always be open should you decide to return.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318682 by
Tom,
You and I have worked together a lot here, and it often put us at odds over a number of issues, but every spirited debate I had with you was valuable to me. I fought with you because I respect you and your experience. I respect your wisdom and your willingness to be honest even when you know your opinion in not the popular one. You will certainly be missed around here, and the time and effort you spent helping to keep this site running did not go unnoticed by me. I understand your frustrations and much of our post here rings true to me too.

You are a genuine Jedi, and your Holocron shows it. I reference and reread it often. Wherever you go, someone will benefit from your presence. I'm sorry it won't be this Temple for now, but I hope you will not disappear completely. Keep serving your community and take care of yourself, Tom.

Respect,
~Senan
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #318683 by rugadd
May the Force be with you.

rugadd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318685 by
Thank you for your many years of service and all the help as I entered my knighthood!
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318686 by
Tom, I wish you the best in your journey to come. I appreciate everything you said in your resignation post and all the work you did here. I hope that you will find a place where you can be of service and at peace.

May the Force be with you always!
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi