Official Notice of Resignation

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
6 years 1 month ago #318709 by Neaj Pa Bol
Great service by someone like you will not be forgotten... I truly appreciate everything that you have done here and appreciate the person you are!!
I will miss you... I also wanted to say Thank You for speaking your peace on the truth of things!!

Best Wishes always,

Patty

MTFBWYAAF

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318720 by
Replied by on topic Official Notice of Resignation

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Tellahane,

I’m sorry to see that your training here has failed you so completely... OTHER STUFF ... My only advice to you at this point is to not let the door hit you on the way out. Thanks for your time and dedicated service and that door will always be open should you decide to return.

Kyrin - It's no secret that you and Tellahane clashed a lot. Heck, he and I did too. It is also no secret that you believe in challenging people and that you expect them to take personal responsibility for their successes and failures. There is a time and place for this wisdom, but this isn't it. I don't think he needed to place blame on others on his way out, but he shared hi honest opinions. He is taking responsibility for his life and has decided to leave something I know he once cared a lot about. He may have stumbled along the way, but his intentions were good.

Most of this post feels like a backhanded attempt at firing the last shot of a personal battle you have had with him. Specifically the dig at his training. You're better than this, Kyrin. Let him go in peace and focus on your next steps instead. I don't want to stifle you or silence you, and I still support your desire to question authority and point out injustices. Let's just find a more productive way to do it rather than making it personal. I'll continue to stand by you, but you gotta help me out here :)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318730 by
Thanks my friend, for your comments and your forthrightness. Even though i dissagree with them they are appreciated.

I have nothing personally against tellahane, that's not what this is about. I enjoyed our bouts. But I dissagree with you that this is not the place or time for this for one reason, the very fact you state, that in his departure he chose to fire that last shot, not across the bow but right into the bow of the membership. Had he not done that I would have left this alone, but he did not. He chose to vilify the membership and saint the staff. None of these interpretations are accurate in the slightest and they lack class and personal dignity. In effect they are petty.

You are right that my comment is a return volley but not a backhanded one. It is one in which I hope he sees the error of his ways. He was a staunch advocate for better training in an idealised reality of perfection he created in his mind about this temple. And in this he refused to see the actual truth of that reality, one being that these ideals he held to others are not practical in the least because we are not movie characters. We are real flesh and blood people with flaws and desires and attachments that we take an entire lifetime to work through.

In the end tellehane succumbed to the very thing he despised in others. It was his idealised sense of attachment to this place that destroyed him.
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318742 by OB1Shinobi
Warning: Spoiler!

Now that I sit on council I've seen quite a bit. I see members who don't get to spend a lot of time in the forums working the hardest behind closed doors tracking IP students, grading IP journals, reviewing knighthood candidates, membership applications, long lists of moderation reports, monitoring of chats and community, watching over communications with minors, doing site backups/fixes/upgrades, managing groups, coordinating public chats, sermons, private outreach. over a hundred hours a week is put into this temple by council and other volunteer knights combined, all voluntairly.

It's also this same group of people that seemed to be attacked the most, complained against the most, have assumptions made against the most. These volunteers who spend hours upon hours taking care of the plumbing all of you take for granted. That some of you disprespect, that some of you feel "entitled" to have regardless. Hour spent away from familes, hours spent away from personal time, hours spent away from helping others, all for you, to get treated the way some of us have is beyond wrong. Yet you seem not to care(some of you).

I used to come to this temple for spiritual peace, anymore I come to this temple to deal stress, stressful situations, uncessairy situations, blown out of proportion situations. It's unbelievable the things that get complained about on here. We hang on each others words looking for reasons to personally attack each other. We take absence of words as assumed positions or attacks as well. We make big deals out of situations that aren't actual situations, we call for votes and accountability on things that didn't actually happen. Hell we have even made changes to the forums based on these situations which is even worse.

You talk about corruption of council, the only thing I've seen is this council hell bent on trying to meet every one of your demands, while getting attacked constantly in the process.

This part was awesome and i want to focus on it for a minute. Ive said this many times and i will probably say it many more.. if you want to be happy, stay the hell out of everyone elses business. Speak your own truth but accept the fact that the world is flawed, people are flawed, this website is flawed, do your best to be a good person and let go of the need for everyone else to be YOUR DEFINITION of good. But many of the people here cry and whine and get their feelings hurt, and stay resentful over the most petty, absurd bullshit lol.

Now, if the above had been the whole of the message i would be 100% supportive of what youve said. I was wondering as i read, why you havent been public about this part of it before. If you had come out and said "this is how i feel" then id be supportive of your honest feedback, even if i werent in full agreement with your conclusions. But to go on and bombshell that youre totally resigning from the entire Temple just seems....petty, and somewhat manipulative to me. Like its a "that'll show em" kind of tactic.

Lets be real, from DAY ONE youve been one of the- or THE most restrictive person here in terms of demanding other people live up to your expectations. Its not like this is new lol its the same things you were saying two years ago...people dont behave...people here arent being REAL Jedi.....the rules arent strict enough...the rules arent enforced enough"... same old story, same old song and dance my friend. For all your talk of growing up and seeing the world with new eyes, i dont hear anything new from you on this particular issue. I agree with what you said about people giving the council a hard time.. i diagree whole heartedly with your RENEWED efforts at tightening the proverbial fist lol

Half of the discussions are spent on how to deal with "Jedi" attacking each other, which should NEVER HAPPEN. People running around claiming the title but not actually following it.

Claiming the title but not following it....well thats your opinion. I think that your butthole is puckered way too tight to be a real Jedi...imo no REAL Jedi would be uptight enough to expect everybody to be rainbows and butterscotch all the time. Nor
would a REAL Jedi be so emotionally dependent upon external events that it would knock them out of their own sense of well being when other people were emotional. A REAL Jedi knows how to retain his or her own emotional balance even when other people lose theirs. Which of us is right? LOL--its a matter of opinion, and imo my opinion is the better opinion.

If half of the discussions are spent on the topic of "how to deal with Jedi attacking each other" then maybe those discussions should be made public, as they obviously arent being effectively resolved in private.

I know some of you will be upset at this, others will deem this mission accomplished, in either case I don't care really to be honest. But I need to focus on me,

Based on your advocacy of strict and strictly enforced rules of politeness, ive always seen you as being basically an authoritarian type of person. Someone who wants to make courtesy and good taste into law, and would have people punished for having bad attitudes. It was never my hope (much less "mission") for you to give up on TOTJO, my hope was that youd learn how to loosen up a little bit and accept that people arent going to be th way you think they should be.. Im not happy that youre leaving. Actually im saddened by it because i think everyone has their part to play in making this community...but on the other hand, the way youre doing it seems shady. Emotionally compelling ploy to get what youve always been pressuring to get, which is stricter rules and enforcement of the rules. Judging by Senans response in the other thread, if anyones mission was accomplished, id say it was yours lol

I do sincerely wish you the best. I cant say thank you for your unwaivering deciation to the Temple, but i do thank you for your time and effort as a volunteer. And i thank you for the parts of this message that i agree with, particularly that people should get off the councils ass, stop obsessing over what everyone (or anyone) else is doing here, and be truly focused on their own, personal self improvement.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 1 month ago #318743 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Official Notice of Resignation
I do not recall him going crazy making demands, threats, insults for such a presumably 'authoritarian' person.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318745 by OB1Shinobi
Not insults or threats. "Demands" might be stretching it but not by much. Its been while since weve had the conversations but its a recurring theme from Tellehane to say that people arent being real jedi or behaving like real jedi and that they should be punished for it. Or at least silenced. Its ok if you dont remember, i do. So does he, lol

People are complicated.
More
6 years 1 month ago #318746 by Rosalyn J
I'd like to get this back to wishing tellahane well. This is not a thread to say whether he was right or wrong. He's gone. We do not need to kick him on his way out

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Locksley, rugadd, , Brick
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318747 by OB1Shinobi

Rosalyn J wrote: I'd like to get this back to wishing tellahane well. This is not a thread to say whether he was right or wrong. He's gone. We do not need to kick him on his way out

If you want to get back to wishing him well then go ahead and wish him well, Im not stopping you. You are free to use your words however you see fit, as am i. How many times are we going o have this conversation? I dont want to be rude to you or hurt your feelings Rosalyn but i also dont care that you dont approve of what i have to say. Its not your place to decide what words i use, so stop trying.

And why is it your decision what this thread is for? He is OP and he is, as you say, gone (though im sure he is aware of the conversation). His method of leaving was pretty....inspiring, lets just say. So i am voicing the reaction that he inspired in me. Should i have made a whole new thread for that? Why? Maybe i should have, im willing to listen if youre willing to explain it.

I did wish him well. Sincerely. And i didnt kick him (certainly not any more than he kicked lol) though i accept the fact that you see it that way. Im sorry that you do, but thats your perception. In any event, I said what i wanted to say and i have nothing else to say in this thread, except to respond to anyone who speaks to me or of me.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318748 by

Rosalyn J wrote: I'd like to get this back to wishing tellahane well. This is not a thread to say whether he was right or wrong. He's gone. We do not need to kick him on his way out

I could have sworn this was a resignation thread, not a well wishing thread.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318750 by
Personal opinions aside, Tellahane has given us some things to discuss and ponder. We can discuss the ideas without involving him any further.

I hear what you both are saying, Kyrin and Obi. We should all be held to the same standards and that includes the contents of the original post. What I’m really looking for is an honest conversation without too much emotion. We should be able to consider what we can learn from Tellahane’s experience and our own interactions with him in order to inform how we act toward one another in the future.

Addition: Let’s also consider that some people are trying to move forward in a productive manner, specifically our Pastor, Rosalyn. You can disagree with her opinion of Tellahane or the treatment he deserves, but she has earned her position and deserves the respect that comes with it. Please get back to discussing the ideas and not criticizing an individual.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Additional response to previous posts
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi