As a Jedi what is balance to you?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307848 by
Replied by on topic As a Jedi what is balance to you?
If conflict is the point of harmony then harmony is the point of conflict. So why not embrace the dark as well as the light?
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307853 by Carlos.Martinez3

Sven One wrote: I have the last few days been pretty amped about SW 8: The Last Jedi. I have been perplexed about the part he mentions (Luke) when he says Balance. Now, of course he means the balance of The Force (Darkside and Light) It got me thinking. Outside the realm of the fictional Jedi of SW balance is such a deep subject. We could easily say a Jedi is to be balanced in... (Fill in the blanks) but, a Jedi should be balanced in everything he does IMO but, I often find myself never being able to fully reach that in all things. For example, I am a person who has been overweight a good portion of my life and have often suffered from overeating high fattening foods and less fruits and veggies. Now, you could say, "Well, it's okay to go to Taco bell once in awhile but, not all the time..." and I could say I am human and I need to have self control and "balance" in my life between fatty foods and healthy foods like fruits and veggies.

With that being said, My next topic would be what is balance? Does a Jedi need to be 50/50 mix of dark and light? Good/Evil? Ying/yang? Fire/Ice? Cold/Hot? For me, I don't want any part of the darkside but, again I am human and sometimes I get angry, get bitter towards others, wanna smack that customer that was rude to me, ect. ect. and maybe I am looking too much into this or maybe my thoughts are narrow minded and I am not seeing the big picture of things. Is it that we find balance in resisting these darkside impulses? Or, because we recongize them and realize they're there and accept that there there but, do not give in to their temptations?

Every balance like every ones definitions will be as difrent from one another's as our fingerprints are.
My balance is not good or s light or dark but more of family oriented since heck - I live with them. My balance is less of me and more focus on them. Can I rid myself enough to show and not blind? Can I take and not tear can I remove but not harm? That in itself is where I find my balance. Mostly in the real world that too is where I find my self. Every balance is as difrent as our own definition of the Force and the word "truths" . Happy seeking my friend and my the force we share find you where you seek it .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
6 years 4 months ago #307856 by Adder
I doubt its the concept of harmony and conflict which define how relevant balance is to them, but the dynamics of the harmony and the dynamics of the conflict which determine if balance to them is relevant.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 4 months ago #307858 by Carlos.Martinez3

Adder wrote: I doubt its the concept of harmony and conflict which define how relevant balance is to them, but the dynamics of the harmony and the dynamics of the conflict which determine if balance to them is relevant.

I dare say you COULD say jedi ism is relative to the individual not any one else's. It Can include every one else's but the moment it does it becomes one again theirs which is determined by who it's relative to. Balance falls into this category along with so many things in modern day Jedi ism. Relative . Kinna an Einstein ish theroy . Some may forget that their own view is relative to them selfs not often others. Balance .. in this too is needed. In that view or in that light or way or idea or practice or direction... I got plenty ... but you get my point adder ?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307878 by

Adder wrote: I doubt its the concept of harmony and conflict which define how relevant balance is to them, but the dynamics of the harmony and the dynamics of the conflict which determine if balance to them is relevant.

I would agree. Its not about equal measure but the ratio of their constant necessary interaction.

More
6 years 4 months ago #307880 by steamboat28
Balance is different for everyone, just like the point of balance is different for each object. Some things are equally weighted at either end, and balance in the middle. Some things are heavier on one end than the other, and balance more toward that side. Some things are round, and balance somewhere differently.

How does your spiritual shape influence your point of balance?

More
6 years 4 months ago #307890 by Manu
My youngest daughter has been learning balance through trial and error, falling several times before being able to control falling onto one foot before putting the next one forward to walk.

Gravity will always be there and falling to the ground will always hurt, but her now unconscious skill of walking keeps her from succumbing to these chaotic forces. :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307904 by
My idea of balance is making sure to both do the things that make you happy, and the things that are healthy (for both you and everyone else). Let's look at it this way: first, making yourself happy is like taking care of the mind, taking care of one's health is, of course, taking care of the body, and helping others is like taking care of your soul.
First of all, I sould mention that the more exercise I get and the better I eat, the happier I feel. And the same goes for helping others: it makes me happy to know that I made someone else happy. But sometimes you still need to take some extra care of yourself. I always suggest to people that they should watch funny videos, look at pictures of smiling faces and kittens and such, and add little splashes of your favorite colors where ever you can in your every day life. Take a few minutes at the end of each day to talk to yourself and vent, and then to ponder the deep stuff. This is relaxing, as is a good jog or a nice walk through the neiborhood or the park. Do these little things on a regular basis and you may find yourself feeling more soothed.
As for eating better, take a few minutes right now to research healthy foods you can be eating, and most importantly try to get the people you live with to join you in your new eating habits. It's a lot easier to stick to it when you have someone to join you. Excersize doesn't have to be hard: a stroll in the evening is relaxing, so whether you do it alone or with a friend, you'll find it enjoyable, and a better way to wind down than watching television (which I am totally guilty of). Make a point to do this every day.
Outside of that, as I said, help others whenever you can: just little things and volunteers can go a long way. You don't have to feel pressured to help everyone with everything: know your limits, but always get up and help when you can.

Lots of love, Aislee.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307907 by
I'm on a quest for what I would call equilibrium. This would probably be the balance of a Jedi.....to me anyway. It's the ability to make your thoughts, emotions and actions become one. For example: If I Love my wife, my Thoughts will dwell on her and I will Do something to show her I love her. Not that I don't do this already Lol. I'm just showing this as an example of what I mean. To be able to do that in every aspect of one's life is to be truly balanced.

More
6 years 4 months ago #307919 by Carlos.Martinez3

Areion wrote: I'm on a quest for what I would call equilibrium. This would probably be the balance of a Jedi.....to me anyway. It's the ability to make your thoughts, emotions and actions become one. For example: If I Love my wife, my Thoughts will dwell on her and I will Do something to show her I love her. Not that I don't do this already Lol. I'm just showing this as an example of what I mean. To be able to do that in every aspect of one's life is to be truly balanced.

The more I study the more I learn the more I learn - the more I have to add to my "library " of avalible things. In my quest for my own balance I met a person who said he stopped asking did I lobe and started asking how can I. On added a bit more but it stepped up my game - like the kids say lol. Balance can be built as well as learned and adjusted ! Happy seeking friends!

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi