What does your username mean?

More
6 years 6 months ago #304016 by Lykeios Little Raven

Sven One wrote: "Sven" how I pronounced it "Seven" I got back in 2009 when I first randomly started looking for those who might be believers of THE FORCE. I found tons of fan boy sites including this one but, at the time was too scared to do the application. So, there was another site I came upon (honestly Its been so long I don't remember the sites name) but, it was founded by two jedi the guys name was difficult and I don't remember his name but there was the lady and her name was "Jedi Seven" and I was comfortable with the site and there story and foundation. So...I joined no personal info. Needed. But, I quickly became very zealous for jedi ism and I followed her around quite a bit even to the point of exchanging numbers, chatting a lot and I followed her around like a padawan....we grew very close. Till, one day I felt guilty in church and converted back to Christianity... I told my mentor Seven I wasn't returning she was heart broken but, told me if I ever needed her to call her...skip a few few years 2011 came I started thinking again about jedi ism. I decided I wanted to try again I called Seven...nothing...I attempted to get on the website and to my great disappointment due to money issues they closed the site I was devastated....

So, I decide to look at a few siteseconds finally found this one and took a leap of faith and here I am. I used the first part of my name "Sven" in memory of her...I dare say I even might have ever loved her at one point...heh...well moving on she taught me a lot. The missing ""E" was to remind me she was gone therefore incomplete. The word "One" is acasually meanswer "Wan" because of Obi Wan. But I called it "One" because when I was little I thought he was called "Obi One Kenobi" lol...but, also because I believe The Force is ONE and I ONE with it.

Thank you very much, Sven, for sharing this beautiful and heartfelt story about the origin of your username. :)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #304017 by Lykeios Little Raven
Wow! I really didn't expect to get even this many responses! As James said, this kind of thread has likely been done before. Even so, I'm glad to learn at least a little bit more about all of you. Your responses are all appreciated.

@Aqua - There's nothing wrong or embarrassing about that. :)

@JamesSand - I kinda figured that based on what I know about you, but thanks for clarifying it! :P

@Atticus - It has been over a decade since I read that book, but I still remember the character Atticus Finch. Thanks for making it clear why you chose the name!

@anyone I forgot to mention - thanks again for the responses! I appreciate all of the answers I've gotten in this thread!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #304019 by MadHatter
My name is based on the Alice in Wonderland character. I chose it because he is the only sane character in that world. I seek to have the clarity the Hatter did.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, FTPC, Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #304035 by Lykeios Little Raven

ReallyRiver wrote: Mine means "no, seriously, my name is really River." Really. River.

Haha, as good a reason as any to choose a username! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #304085 by Eleven
Thank you Lykios I am pleased that you enjoyed my story. It's nice to share this memory it makes me miss Seven all over again I hope she is doing well and knows somewhere in THE FORCE that I love her still and miss her.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304091 by
Replied by on topic What does your username mean?
Nothing to fancy like a character name from a novel or series but MarVinKra is just a combination of my first, middle and last name!
Marc Vincent Krause.
(I can hear my parents screaming that I should never put my real name on the internet but what do I have to hide among brothers and sisters)

The reason behind it was that I wanted a new name that I could use to represent myself as a Jedi. I chose this name because it was a new beginning for me but i did not want to become a new person. More so, I wanted to extend who already was.
My name is MarVinKra and I am a Jedi

More
6 years 6 months ago #304092 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What does your username mean?
A nasty snake locally, which unlike other snakes doesn't bugger off when you get close to it. So it represents a threat (to me), an adversary so I don't want to forget about `em.
Plus it is the fastest striking snake in the world, going from ready position, through strike, envenoming their prey, back to ready position in 0.15 seconds :ohmy:
Which is sort of kewl, plus, its uses caudal luring which is akin to my real surname in a strange drama-esk phonetic way.
But the latin acanthos in its name means spine, which is part of my meditative application to Force, either literally for its importance in supporting the nervous system or as spike for visualization of data accumulation in the form of a wave(form).
At the time didn't want to use my realname till I was familiar with the joint, plus an alias supported experimentation with concepts, and, wouldn't mind a new 'Jedi' name if such a thing manifested.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #304094 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic What does your username mean?
My name is Timothy J. Kobos........Kobos is my last name lol.............boring I know..........................

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Lykeios Little Raven, Tarran

More
6 years 6 months ago #304097 by Tarran
"Tarran" is a name I've had for *yeeeeeeeaaaaaaars* - it's Welsh, Celtic, and Old Norse (Norsk, from "Thorun") - and pretty much all around, means "Thunder". "Torran", my son's username here, is another form, derivative of the same root.

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Lykeios Little Raven

More
6 years 6 months ago #304101 by Skryym
Back in 2011, my father would talk about "this really cool movie about to come out". He kept seeing it advertised on the commercials, and wanted to go to the theaters to see "Skryym."

He mistakenly mispronounced "Skyrim" and also assumed it was a movie. I... well... I just like the word. Skryym. Humbly, I'm parading around on this forum with a deliberate misspelling of "Skyrim", but I'm happy with it.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Lykeios Little Raven, Tarran

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi