What does your username mean?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303976 by
Replied by on topic What does your username mean?
Joseph L. Spinner is my name. Thus JLSpinner.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303978 by
Mine comes from HP Lovecraft. Miskatonic University was a setting or referred to in many of his works. The university was named after the Miskatonic river nearby. Of course it's all fiction but I fell in love with the name!

More
6 years 6 months ago #303989 by JamesSand
I think we've had similar threads before?

Anyway, my name is James, and I've spent large portions of my life in parts of my country that are hot, dry, and made of dirt (or sand, if you prefer)

So...James Sand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303992 by
Ehm.. well.. it means water in Latin. :blush:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303996 by
Mine means "no, seriously, my name is really River." Really. River.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303998 by
Astera is ancient Greek for "star." I've always loved the Virgil quote, "Sic itur ad astra" (thus one goes to the stars). I considered naming myself Astra, but decided that Astera was prettier.

More
6 years 6 months ago #304006 by Eleven
"Sven" how I pronounced it "Seven" I got back in 2009 when I first randomly started looking for those who might be believers of THE FORCE. I found tons of fan boy sites including this one but, at the time was too scared to do the application. So, there was another site I came upon (honestly Its been so long I don't remember the sites name) but, it was founded by two jedi the guys name was difficult and I don't remember his name but there was the lady and her name was "Jedi Seven" and I was comfortable with the site and there story and foundation. So...I joined no personal info. Needed. But, I quickly became very zealous for jedi ism and I followed her around quite a bit even to the point of exchanging numbers, chatting a lot and I followed her around like a padawan....we grew very close. Till, one day I felt guilty in church and converted back to Christianity... I told my mentor Seven I wasn't returning she was heart broken but, told me if I ever needed her to call her...skip a few few years 2011 came I started thinking again about jedi ism. I decided I wanted to try again I called Seven...nothing...I attempted to get on the website and to my great disappointment due to money issues they closed the site I was devastated....

So, I decide to look at a few siteseconds finally found this one and took a leap of faith and here I am. I used the first part of my name "Sven" in memory of her...I dare say I even might have ever loved her at one point...heh...well moving on she taught me a lot. The missing ""E" was to remind me she was gone therefore incomplete. The word "One" is acasually meanswer "Wan" because of Obi Wan. But I called it "One" because when I was little I thought he was called "Obi One Kenobi" lol...but, also because I believe The Force is ONE and I ONE with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304008 by
Twigga - Swahili for giraffe. User photo - a very determined twig outside our house that keeps growing back whatever I do to destroy it

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304011 by
Atticus comes from Atticus Finch, a character in an American novel called To Kill a Mockingbird. I never know how much folks from other nations might know about purely American things like that book. Anyway, the character has long been my inspiration both as a lawyer and as a father. For a while, I used kind of a play on Sophocles and went by Atticus Rex, but by the time I joined the Jedi community, I'd gotten past that conceit.

When I went to the CO Gathering a couple of years ago, just about everyone was calling each other by their real names, but almost no one called me Rick. My friend David even said, "Man, I just can't call you Rick, you're Atticus." I guess that's how you know you picked the right Jedi name. :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304013 by
My username, Urzustand is German for primal condition/state. I chose this for two reasons, one is that my family is German only recently (within the last 50 years) moving to the US. The other reason is that my life has been in turmoil recently and I feel like I've changed for the worse, so I've turned to the teachings of the order to try to reach my better self.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi