What does your username mean?

More
6 years 6 months ago #304110 by OB1Shinobi
Ob-1 (the number "one") is (obviously) a play on Obi-wan and "shinobi" not only rhymes with Kenobi but is also supposedly a word for "ninja". So i basically combined two of my favorite warrior images into a username.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304111 by
Replied by on topic What does your username mean?
I chose this user name when I began my exploration of the Force in October of 2013. It was a symbolic of a rebirth of sorts. Senan is not an uncommon name in Ireland, especially in County Claire, where St. Senan is from. St. Senan was a famed founder of monasteries, whose ruins can still be seen. Legend has it that before he could found his monastery, he had to banish a great monster. Part of my training here is to banish or tame my own monsters withing. One meaning of the name "Senan" is brightness. It is an Anglicized form of the Irish name Seanán, which also means "little wise one.” I was inspired to take it as my Jedi name and my mantle as a Knight because it reminds me of the fictional Jedi I most relate to, the little green Taoist from a galaxy far, far away by the name of Yoda. Also, my family has Irish heritage, and I hope to be seen as a “little wise one” someday. I am still Steve, but choosing a symbolic name to use along my Jedi Path and as a Knight allows for some separation from self and the ability to look at myself from the outside in.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #304127 by
For those who don't recognize the name belonging to the actual man Flavius Belisarius, an important and extremely successful general in the Byzantine Empire during the rule of Emperor Justinian. I may be a history major, so in short, Belisarius was commanded by his emperor to reclaim the lost land of the Roman Empire, in hopes that the long-gone empire might once again find glory.

So why does this matter to me? Well, Belisarius was not given an easy hand to deal with; he was told to create an empire where there were only vandals, goths, and caliphates, and he did all of this while having the emperor and empress barking at him the entire time. Yet, Belisarius kept a level head. He never struck out in anger at his betters, he never spoke lesser of the people that he fought, and when he made a mistake, he not only admitted it, but accepted whatever punishment was deemed fit. He was as honorable as a man could be, all without the ever-easily acquired pride.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304130 by
Well, my username, Ricciluke002, derives from my real name. Luca Ricci, from Italy. I choose this username on YouTube when I was 9, and I've always used it since then.
Another username I use is TheWarri0r002, which keeps 002 at the end.
This has a longer story tho.
TheWarri0r002 was at first TheWarriorOfDeath1, a username which I choose on Steam a long time ago. It was a bad period, where I suffered, and identified myself in a sort of angel of death. Shortly after, I decided not to follow such a path, but to follow peace and knowledge, but as a Warrior of peace.
So I changed the username to TheWarri0r002

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304153 by
I chose KalSterner as a derivative of my real name . Kal- From Micheal and I chose Kal because most people spell it Michael instead of Micheal and I did not want to fight autocorrect for my full name lol plus one of my favorite inspiring books had a protagonist named Kal. And Sterner which is my real last name. I chose to use my actual name because on this personal journey I did not want to feel as though any obstacles or achievements were directed towards a false personification I gave myself, therfore rendering my path as a Jedi redundant or reflecting a separated sense of reality from here at the Temple and my strives as a Jedi in day to day life. You all here at the Temple are my family and my goal is to become the Jedi that my family feels is authentic and true to his faith in the Force as well as eachother. I hope to become part of the Clergy and help others here as well as achieving Knighthood.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304189 by

Adder wrote: A nasty snake locally, which unlike other snakes doesn't bugger off when you get close to it. So it represents a threat (to me), an adversary so I don't want to forget about `em.
Plus it is the fastest striking snake in the world, going from ready position, through strike, envenoming their prey, back to ready position in 0.15 seconds :ohmy:
Which is sort of kewl, plus, its uses caudal luring which is akin to my real surname in a strange drama-esk phonetic way.
But the latin acanthos in its name means spine, which is part of my meditative application to Force, either literally for its importance in supporting the nervous system or as spike for visualization of data accumulation in the form of a wave(form).
At the time didn't want to use my realname till I was familiar with the joint, plus an alias supported experimentation with concepts, and, wouldn't mind a new 'Jedi' name if such a thing manifested.

That is way cooler and more in depth than I would have thought. I like it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304192 by
haha....I remember Jedi seven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304193 by
I googled looking for the names of various minor/unknown/uncommon fairies/god(ess)es/angels/etc a number of years back and found Amitiel. I can't find the site I used originally. Googling today still reveals the same general meaning: angel of truth and peace. Some sites say male, some say female; same say angel, others say archangel. Obviously nothing precise. I guess I picked it because that's what I'm looking for?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304253 by
When creating my account I didn't want to use my real name but didn't have a gamer handle or anything else. I looked around the room for inspiration and saw some Dragon Ball Z manga. I didn't want to straight up steal any of thise names so I combined Goku and Goten to make Goken.

Plus Ken is a Japanese word for sword and I'm a sword instructor so it worked out.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi