The Spiritual Plane

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #299210 by
Replied by on topic The Spiritual Plane
Agreed completely. Carlos encouragement could be dangerous if sleep apnea is the result of this. More than likely it is. When the brain is deprived of oxygen, as in the case of sleep apnea, the mind will hallucinate all sorts of things. Apnea is dangerous and it will kill you. Best to get checked out through a sleep study.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #299211 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Agreed completely. Carlos encouragement could be dangerous if sleep apnea is the result of this. More than likely it is. When the brain is deprived of oxygen, as in the case of sleep apnea, the mind will hallucinate all sorts of things. Apnea is dangerous and it will kill you. Best to get checked out through a sleep study.

K

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #299216 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Agreed completely. Carlos encouragement could be dangerous if sleep apnea is the result of this. More than likely it is. When the brain is deprived of oxygen, as in the case of sleep apnea, the mind will hallucinate all sorts of things. Apnea is dangerous and it will kill you. Best to get checked out through a sleep study.

K

Anyone experiencing similar phenomena might want to consult a doctor as well.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #299217 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Spiritual Plane
Yea meditation can slow down bodily functions like breathing, heart, digestion etc, acting like a central depressant drug to some extent... so if it was a spiritual experience bought on by reduced breathing or heart rate then its a bit dangerous and I'd say you got lucky the outcome was not worse. While doctors can help most of the time, its not enough for them to say your ok either. You need to exert a duty of care onto yourself which exceeds the risk. But it might indicate your predisposed to it if such a thing exists, which could be useful if its of interest to you.

If everything is ok with your breathing etc, and you want to push on, then I'd instead develop some procedure to meditation, instead of just shutting off and crashing, I'd progressively shut off body parts one at a time and then restart them in reverse order to wake up as a practice. And practice that at a simple level first for quite a while. You might need to do it with someone as well, so they can monitor your progress and react accordingly if anything goes wrong.

What I used to do was a popular guided meditation technique which relaxes (muscle tension) extremities first and then works inwards up the body and then deeper into the mind. But you gotta do the same in reverse when you exit the meditation to develop effective awareness and control over it for effect. It's one the reasons I do not advocate counting breath in meditation for beginner - I do not like to make any functional association to autonomic nervous system function until people have much more experience. If you do have a predisposition to something that seems out of body then you might be able to approach it slowly with meditative approaches, and slowly can be safer. Otherwise it might have been hypnagogia, but I've only ever gotten visual and auditory bursts from that and had much better results with hypnopompia. Err on the side of caution tho, as dead might be interesting to the living but once your dead it might get old real fast, since it's probably beyond time and all that :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Adder. Reason: autonomous lol at self
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #299219 by
Shut off body parts and then reactivate them!!?? You will have to explain. That?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #299222 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Spiritual Plane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Shut off body parts and then reactivate them!!?? You will have to explain. That?

Nothing exciting I'm afraid... just the conscious focus, not the actual biological activity. Same as when you go to sleep I guess. One of the areas physical health enters the equation as useful, as a I reckon a chunk of 'issues' people have are because they don't pay enough conscious attention to the their structural alignments such as posture and resting muscular tensions. It sounds rudimentary I know, but you can only work with what you've got as at least it means you might develop or discover more to work with.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #299229 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The Spiritual Plane
I am appreciate all the concern and it's funny you all mention it but, I just went to the doctor for a check up today. My wife was a little concerned like you all have said and so I had a check up. Blood drawn, stress test, ect.

How did it go? Well, the doctor told me like he always tells me I need to lose weight. He suggested I stop going on and off a diet because it's not good for my body and to be going on and off diets. Making a long story short I did tell him about the existence him being from India and being Hindu. He thought it was wonderful but, at the same time very reckless and dangerous. He believes that I could of died and he is sending me for a sleep study Friday. So, I get to go to this building and sleep overnight and this doctor watches me all night I guess.

It gets better though he told me that if I don't start losing weight that he doesn't foresee me living more than another decade. Which, honestly scared me. In Carlos, defense though he did tell me that I need to be physically able to do this he didnt say be crazy and just go on it full force. He told me precautions but, it might not be time right now to attempt this again until I have a sleep study done. Thank you all of you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Eleven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
6 years 8 months ago #299230 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic The Spiritual Plane
More treadmill, less spiritual planing. Unless you want it to be permanent.

Lots of people have made a good point here, and have made their concerns explicit. Take care my friend.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 8 months ago #299232 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The Spiritual Plane
Manu,

What is wrong with being in the Spiritual Planes? I understand dying from it but, is it really dangerous? I have heard of demons, creatures, ect. being there and being certain levels of it but, what do you know? Or were you just merely referring to my health? Please clarify.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 8 months ago #299255 by Alethea Thompson
Not just dying to it- losing yourself.

The Astral Plane has been known to be a place that people replace their lives with. Frankly, your personality type is one I would advise against traveling to and from.

You traveling to that realm concerns me because you seem to have a lack of self-esteem. In going through some of your older posts I've noticed a trend of how you interact with people here on the board. Instead of teaching, you ask questions about things like you're seeking validation. Whether it's used as a clever way to teach or you're genuinely trying to learn doesn't negate what it says about your personality: you lack confidence in your ability. This makes it quite dangerous for you to get involved in Astral matters.

Don't worry, I'm not singling you out. Believe it or not, it was my own revelation of exactly this that lead me to the Jedi Community in April 2002. I lost myself to that plane, and I brought people into it. In the process, my best friend developed schizophrenia, was sucked into human trafficking, she then escaped human trafficking - she found herself on the streets paranoid that everyone that tried to help her was tied to the human traffickers, caught H1N1 and died. Another friend turned to drugs as a way to get there with more ease. She came out of that after a school friend died from his first heroin shoot up, and discovered the only friends that cared about her were the ones not engaged in drugs (fortunately I can say that I was one of those friends). The list goes on, some were jolted out of it, and others haven't broken free.

For me, it was more subtle. I wasn't helping people- though I thought I was- I was actively hurting them by replacing a life where they were meant to fulfill a purpose-driven life, but their life's purpose was halted or completely negated because they believed they were doing more good for the world on the Astral than they could ever do in the real world.

In fact, it's the complete opposite. The Astral should only be used to inform us of how to carry on in the living world. The spiritual battles of the Astral Plane are completely negated when you take command of your life here and find ways around the obstacles. If you're not in a emotionally stable place to fully recognize how to use the Astral in this way, then it poses a significant danger to you. And trust me- even the most emotionally stable person can lose themselves to the Astral.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi