All of us need to unite

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #285060 by
Replied by on topic All of us need to unite
Whyte Horse, it sounds like you and I really do agree on most everything, and I love your idea for making medication available at cost and I'd be interested in helping. I also think you are right about sharing the wealth. I wasn't considering our resources to be owned by every citizen, which is a great take on things. I see now that what I thought was angry bitching is really more frustration on your part because you have some great ideas that are being or would be squashed by corporate greed. You're a bit more direct about your feelings than I am, but that is probably a good thing. Keep fighting the fight, just don't let it ruin your moments of happiness when they come.

And thank you for your concern about my illness. I'm in treatment and responding very well. I'm hoping to be past it all soon, but in the meantime I am surviving just fine. I'm lucky that I have the insurance that I do, but I can promise you that I'm watching the healthcare debate very closely, and if we go back to pre-existing conditions being exempt from required coverage I'll likely get a lot more vocal and pissed off about the whole thing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #285257 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic All of us need to unite
Meandering a bit here, but I was looking into the whole USA Jobs things and came across a few articles.

They're on the internet, so they must be true -

(If you read them all, there is a lot of recycled information, so I assume there are limited decent sources and everyone is throwing their own spin on the same story)

https://www.alternet.org/story/151732/21st-century_slaves%3A_how_corporations_exploit_prison_labor

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/09/us-nationwide-prison-strike-alabama-south-carolina-texas

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-prison-industry-in-the-united-states-big-business-or-a-new-form-of-slavery/8289

https://returntonow.net/2016/06/13/prison-labor-is-the-new-american-slavery/
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 10 months ago #285403 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic All of us need to unite

Senan wrote: I'm in treatment and responding very well. I'm hoping to be past it all soon, but in the meantime I am surviving just fine.

I just saw some clinical trials reporting 90% cancer cure rates with immunotherapy. If your treatment fails you might give that a go. They take your t-cells out, use gene therapy to make GMO t-cells that target cancer, and then re-inject them. It's pretty slick.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285417 by
Replied by on topic All of us need to unite

Whyte Horse wrote:

Senan wrote: I'm in treatment and responding very well. I'm hoping to be past it all soon, but in the meantime I am surviving just fine.

I just saw some clinical trials reporting 90% cancer cure rates with immunotherapy. If your treatment fails you might give that a go. They take your t-cells out, use gene therapy to make GMO t-cells that target cancer, and then re-inject them. It's pretty slick.

Thanks for thinking of me! I'm actually discussing this with my oncologist now. If I can get my insurance to help cover it, I might go this route soon. It's exciting to see the advances they are making. It's just cost prohibitive, which is stupid considering they will pay $12,000 every other week on chemo that could take years instead of curing it now. Damn drug companies.

More
6 years 10 months ago #285468 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic All of us need to unite

Senan wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote:

Thanks for thinking of me! I'm actually discussing this with my oncologist now. If I can get my insurance to help cover it, I might go this route soon. It's exciting to see the advances they are making. It's just cost prohibitive, which is stupid considering they will pay $12,000 every other week on chemo that could take years instead of curing it now. Damn drug companies.

It's totally worth it and the companies doing the trials should pay for it. Normally I just blow off these trials but the science is there and it just makes bloody sense. So the trials are more about going through the motions than experimentation.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi