Lightsabers Anonymous

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194979 by
Replied by on topic Lightsabers Anonymous
I want a Darth Bane saber, but not red for obvious reasons. Lol It's a curved hilt, a dueling blade best used with Form II.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 10 months ago #194982 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Lightsabers Anonymous
there's several sabersmiths with versions of that one...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 10 months ago #194984 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Lightsabers Anonymous
I think mine is going to be like a time capsule, with 'special' things built into an internal frame which gets slotted into an outer casing. The idea being that those special things would constitute some body for the electronics to be overlaid in and around like nerves around various types of tissue. Then the real trick becomes working out what is 'special', they have to be small and it's taking awhile to realize or find them. It looks like I'm only working on one at the moment, but perhaps if I get enough parts in the next few years I'll have a first 50 year saber and a second 50 year saber!! Ideally I guess I'd be able to make one for each decade of life, or some other set number of years (perhaps solar activity cycles!?)
:silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194985 by

Adder wrote: I think mine is going to be like a time capsule, with 'special' things built into an internal frame which gets slotted into an outer casing. The idea being that those special things would constitute some body for the electronics to be overlaid in and around like nerves around various types of tissue. Then the real trick becomes working out what is 'special', they have to be small and it's taking awhile to realize or find them. It looks like I'm only working on one at the moment, but perhaps if I get enough parts in the next few years I'll have a first 50 year saber and a second 50 year saber!! Ideally I guess I'd be able to make one for each decade of life, or some other set number of years (perhaps solar activity cycles!?)
:silly:

This idea reminds me of the "secret chamber" wands inspired by the Harry Potter stories. Wands with a core of some "magical" element of some kind, except what is special in this case is something the owner decides represents something of value to them. Not some fictional innate magical power. I like this idea, in fact I still have my old "chamber" wand, with a secret message inside that only I can read. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194995 by

RyuJin wrote: there's several sabersmiths with versions of that one...

I must have one!! Lmao

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195003 by
Look at what a sword is to ritual magic and start shifting energy. Ultimately martial arts systems contain teachings and techniques for shifting energy. The better we get at dealing with conflict the less and less we need to fight. hence Obi Wan's final duel with Darth Vader.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196767 by
UltraSabers Apprentice LE V4 Review

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196783 by
I know how you guys feel. I've owned several sabers in the past, purely out of this drive to own them, even though eventually I ended up selling them because I needed the money. I bought an Ultrasaber Initiate most recently in order to customize it myself:

I'm thinking about buying a Reliant from Saber Forge:

So yeah, I know the feeling. There's something about a lightsaber that is inherently attractive. It serves no practical purpose, but honestly, who cares? LOL :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196794 by
Let me just say that not only did I use VERY poor judgement making that video when I've been so ill... I honestly don't think I used any judgement at all. :dry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197563 by
I like lightsabers and there's one (or two) that I like on SaberForge with the claws I'd love to have, but I'm not an addict!

This One:

And Vipre:

I love claw sabres!

I did have a Master Replicas Mace Windu FX sabre, but I sold it for $250. Got a lot from it.

The only thing I was super attached to was my old laptop which I had put to proper use before I lost it. It was my best friend. Nice, warm, and tactile to meditate on. The white noise from the fan was even relaxing for me. I even loved to sleep with it and use it like a pillow to hug up to. I miss it so bad. My meditations nor my nights have been the same since. It feels like something is missing. :(

I also like all sorts of light toys and weapons: glowsticks, poi, staves, nunchucku, shoto, and anything you can turn into a glowtoy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi