Lightsabers Anonymous

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225749 by
Replied by on topic Lightsabers Anonymous
Yeah, I think that might be why I got it at a reasonable price, because of the LEDs. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #226095 by
It... has... arrived...

Here's a pic of my "altar" (TFA collection thus far):

Apparently the LEDs were fine. I tested it in the dark just to make sure. Aside from some chipped paint and the fact that I had to clean out the corrosion from the previous ancient batteries that came with it, I'm happy :p
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 2 months ago #226202 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Lightsabers Anonymous
must have been something with the camera when the pic was taken.....i've heard that certain blade colors confuse cameras.....

it's not "chipped paint"....its battle scarring.... :silly:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #226282 by

RyuJin wrote: it's not "chipped paint"....its battle scarring.... :silly:

Oh yeah! Good point! :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242504 by
Just checking in. It's been a very long time, but I can now look at sabers and not have the least desire to own them. I had to dig in and understand my motivations and the psychological meanings that I had been attaching to them. I still have the Saberforge Ka'Tano and a slightly customized version of my first saber. I'm considering perhaps putting the Ka'Tano up for auction someday, but I plan to hold on to the custom hilt to hold my ashes for family as I plan for this body to be cremated when I pass back to the Force.

I feel so much freer now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265455 by
I thought I might resurrect this thread by adding a post about my recent build/purchase.

I felt challenged recently in a creative way to build myself a lightsaber. At first I went about it all wrong, buying my own LEDs and PVC pipe and such. When I got the parts, I looked at it all and realized my mistake. So I returned it all, and made my way to Ultra Sabers. There I bought the parts I should have originally. After receiving them all, and wiring it all together, this is the result:

I went with a Silver blade, something you don't often see. I wrapped the hilt in black grip tape. I wanted something practical and usable should I ever make my way to New York Jedi. My plan is to make one saber per color of blade. If anyone is interested in building their own, I'd be happy to provide my resources. Keep in mind though that this is just a stunt saber. There's no sound or flash-on-clash.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi