What are you reading right now?

More
7 years 9 months ago #248249 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic What are you reading right now?

Dune by Frank Herbert

Under review to add to my apprentices' optional reading list, but wow, now I remember why I loved this so much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250686 by
Replied by on topic What are you reading right now?
Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott

More
7 years 8 months ago #250691 by Lykeios Little Raven
Ivanhoe is a GREAT book!

As for me, I'm reading The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, a book recommended by Kit :) It's a great book so far!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257197 by
"American Shaolin", "The Great Book Of Amber" and I just finished the first three books in the Expanse series.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257200 by

Adder wrote: Just read Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse. Been following me around for 18 years, always on be bedside table... but never read it. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran has also been following me around for even longer, so I should probably read that soon!!!

I Love Siddhartha. That was a very important book for me back in the day, as well as Osho's "Book of Secrets". You should give Steppenwolf a try next.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257207 by
I just finished Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee, and it broke my heart thinking about what our government did to the American Indians :(

Now I'm rereading the Celestine Prophecy series so I can read the final book, which I just picked up. After that I will reread The Way of the Peaceful Warrior because I just picked up a copy of the second book in the series.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257220 by
I am reading The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov, in my opinion Asimov and Herbert are the best Sci-Fi writers ever lived.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257221 by
Thank you for the suggestion, I am always looking for something more to read! I have not read any of the Peaceful Warrior books but they look amazing and definitely like something that will help me along my path. I appreciate you sharing!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257223 by
I loved all of the Dune books! Kit, if you are not aware yet, Navigators of Dune was just released. I have not read it yet but cannot wait to get hold of it! I enjoyed the first two books in this series and am looking forward to this one as well.

I also loved the Foundation Trilogy! Absolutely one of the best sci-fi writers ever!

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257225 by Zenchi

Attachment hb974e92.png not found

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Zenchi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi