What are you reading right now?

More
8 years 10 months ago #191076 by Kit
We have a "What are you listening to right now?" thread I thought a reading one would be fun :D

I am (re)reading Through Wolf's Eyes by Jane Lindskold.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Locksley, Edan, Breeze el Tierno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191078 by
Replied by on topic What are you reading right now?
"The Sign of the Four" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

It's in my "Complete Sherlock Holmes" book but I find that I can only read it a bit at a time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191081 by
Great idea, Kamizu!

Well, I tend to be all over the place when I'm reading and am usually reading a few books at a time, but this book has been my main focus lately. Danish zombies vs. splatterpunk rockers! :blink:

Jürgensen, Dennis - Kadavermarch

More
8 years 10 months ago #191082 by Locksley
Well, per the discussion elsewhere I'm thinking of re-reading DUNE. B)

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kit

More
8 years 10 months ago #191083 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic What are you reading right now?

Goken wrote: "The Sign of the Four" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

It's in my "Complete Sherlock Holmes" book but I find that I can only read it a bit at a time.

I've never actually read any Sherlock Holmes! I've been meaning to, I love the cartoons based off of them!

Locksley wrote: Well, per the discussion elsewhere I'm thinking of re-reading DUNE. B)

One of my favorite books! I was thinking of making that my next book if I don't get distracted again lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 10 months ago #191084 by Edan
I'm reading 'Wolf Hall' by Hilary Mantel. Bit of reading for enjoyment :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 10 months ago #191092 by OB1Shinobi
i started re-reading dune because of the discussion here, and also the song of roland because of a topic here but its a little more of an endeavor than i expected

ive been reading Living the Martial Way by Forrest Morgan for a bit now, almost finished with it
ive been looking for a pdf of it to link to the the jedi warrior thread but no luck so far

i browse a bunch of stuff at any given time, which atm includes "birth of tragedy" because havent read nietzsche in years and the universe keeps throwing his name at me and also epictetus
also im on the last pages of v. frankyls "mans search for meaning" which is a great book and a quick read if you keep up with it

i pretty much just start reading whatever i feel like and cycle through it all as i can

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191094 by
@Arcade: "Kadavermarch" (March of the cadavers) was one of the defining books for me growing up :)

Currently I'm reading Hunter Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" which is by far one of the weirdest and most brilliant books I've ever read. Just got a fresh copy after the last one literally fell apart. Next up on the list is "Last Exit to Brooklyn" by Hubert Selby Jr.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191111 by
http://static.squarespace.com/static/5037f52d84ae1e87f694cfda/t/5055915f84aedaeee9181119/1347785055665/

Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha, an unusually hardcore Dharma book.

Really amazing stuff... but it's hard. It's a very, very intense Buddhism.

More
8 years 10 months ago #191113 by Adder
I had a look at my reader to see what its called;

Magical Movements: Ancient Yogic Practices in the Bon Religion and Contemporary Medical Perspectives
A Thesis by Marco Alejandro Chaoul, 2006

I tend to jump around a bit though across similar stuff, so I've probably been reading this since I d/l it in 2011!! Still going.... :huh:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi