What are you reading right now?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #208655 by
Replied by on topic What are you reading right now?
Right now I'm re-reading "The Method of No-Method: The Chan Practice of Silent Illumination" by Sheng Yen. Excellent read. Master Sheng Yen is a bit more traditionalist than me, but he covers a lot of material. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #208732 by
I'm reading the Courtlight Series. It's available on Amazon, and it's really nice.

More
8 years 5 months ago #210554 by Skryym
Just finished The Alchemist. Read it in two nights. Have to say it was one of the greatest fiction books I've ever read. It's unlike most others; the author never flushes anything out in detail. The story is very simple, written like a child's fable. But it's such a wonderful story with many elements that could be applied to Jediism.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #210561 by

Skryym wrote: Just finished The Alchemist. Read it in two nights. Have to say it was one of the greatest fiction books I've ever read. It's unlike most others; the author never flushes anything out in detail. The story is very simple, written like a child's fable. But it's such a wonderful story with many elements that could be applied to Jediism.

Is it the Paulo Coelho one? The translator saved the job, since the English version is better than the Portuguese one, with the absurd quantity of grammar mistakes he commits.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #210709 by
I'm reading " The English and Their History" by Robert Tombs. An excellent read that offers a new perspective on things.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #210718 by
Neuro-linguistic Programming for Dummies

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #210720 by
I'm re-reading Star Wars: Traitor (for the umpteenth time), and occasionally re-examining The Little Zen Companion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #210727 by
Right now I'm re-reading "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. May be one of my favorite books, and it's almost a thousand pages - which is awesome!

More
8 years 5 months ago #210733 by Zenchi
Listening to Robert Greene's Mastery repeatedly while I draw, all eight hours of it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210758 by
Garth Risk Hallberg's writing style reminds me of Jonathan Franzen. Characters are thoroughly, uncomfortably developed. Haven't gotten too far into it but I like it already.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi