American Jedi Documentry

More
6 years 8 months ago #292143 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry

tzb wrote: Of course this film will showcase the more sensationalist aspects of the community, the fringes, the things people will find weird. When you're making a film you focus on the characters, not the quiet and capable (besides a relatable protagonist perhaps). People like Hannigan would be an absolute gift to a documentarian.

You think they'd get funding for a film which was about how normal and ordinary some group most people have never heard of are? Would you pay money to see that? I sure wouldn't :D

It is what it is, if it brings more true seekers to our community so much the better. If not, well, at least we get to enjoy seeing our buddies up there on the screen.

So are you taking a stance that we are subjecting ourselves to the interpretation of a film maker who doesn't have any interest in showing the majority of who we are as Jedi and focusing on some of the out on the edge for the purposes of personal profit? I don't see anything in writing anywhere in the video description or the company page or anything that sais any of the profits is going to any kind of charity, so this is more for publicity but we are putting out there some....images...that don't represent a majority of us?

I do agree hannigan was a good pick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292144 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry
Merely expecting us to understand that in the real world films cost money and are there to make money. That a compelling narrative isn't just lots of average people doing ordinary things. Is that so controversial?

More
6 years 8 months ago #292146 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic American Jedi Documentry
Im going to watch it just to see the lady with the pink sticks. I hear she's awesome

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, , Breeze el Tierno, Tellahane and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292147 by Alethea Thompson
@ Rosalyn: Yes, yes she is! I've even had the privileged of meeting her in person! But I don't think this video will even touch base on just how wicked awesome she is- so know she's much cooler in person! ^^

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292150 by
I think they should build the whole movie around Lady Pink Sticks. There could be a whole media campaign. Comic books, Action figures. Spin off Novels

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292152 by
I will have to see the whole documentary to form an honest opinion really i think the trailer is fun but nothing more.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292155 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: *not saying...* No, no, I'll say this at least- I have confidence in Hannigan's role in all of this. I believe he did a far better job of representing us than many expect.

Well hey now! I thought I did pretty good XD hehe Shame they cut me out....completely >_> But hey!! I went at great lengths to provide a positive view :-p We even had the girls out there play fighting with the swords and learning cuts XD

More
6 years 8 months ago #292156 by Alethea Thompson
XD Well I know YOU did XD. I'm only talking about one particular person that I'm sure everyone thinks did horribly :D. I mean, anyone that suspects you of giving us a bad name on film should rethink what they know of you :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane

More
6 years 8 months ago #292157 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry
From: http://screenanarchy.com/2017/07/exclusive-american-jedi-heads-for-release-via-freestyle-digital-media.html

On the distributor's side, Dan Fisher, Vice President of Acquisitions for Freestyle Digital Media, says: "This hilarious documentary deftly walks the fine line between a satirical poke and a love letter to the Jedi community."

This is kind of how I see the trailer, I'm kinda with Amyntas that maybe the trailer doesn't do the movie justice etc, but if it really does, I don't think this video will be a benefit to the community at whole, I think it will apply a negative image about Jediism. Not that there is anything to be done about it now, but..yeah....just another experience along the path!

More
6 years 8 months ago #292201 by Breeze el Tierno
I would suggest you go watch Bronies if you are curious about Laurent's sensibility. He could have made a joke of them, but he treated them very fairly

He is a solid guy. I'll vouch for his character where his work is concerned. The film will be a snapshot of the community: a moment from an angle. That is unavoidable. But I believe he will do right by us, as best as he is able.

Also, yeah, lady with pink sticks all the way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28