Man Lives as Full Time Grey Jedi

More
7 years 4 months ago #265971 by Alethea Thompson
Ugh...Cottam...(yes, I know of him outside of this article, hence my comment)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265972 by
Replied by on topic Man Lives as Full Time Grey Jedi

Alethea Thompson wrote: Ugh...Cottam...(yes, I know of him outside of this article, hence my comment)

ha ha ha! XD

More
7 years 4 months ago #265973 by Carlos.Martinez3
Right on Manu and we still share the same few lights! Fine by me! Glad we don't see eye to eye on everything , would be boring . PS I hope you disagree . I myself don't mind dissagrement. I like u Many. Flat out. I am thankful for you ! We don't have to agree on everything to still be friends .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 4 months ago #265974 by Manu

carlos.martinez3 wrote: We don't have to agree on everything to still be friends .

Of course! Never meant to imply otherwise ;)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 4 months ago #265975 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thank you Manu and may the Living Force we share be with you still!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265978 by Br. John
I cannot get the link to work but when I put this in Google then click on the page it works.

man-lives-as-full-time-grey-jedi

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Br. John.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265980 by Adder
For me the difference between a trailblazer and an arsonist is the combination of intent and commitment - but I"m not in a position to judge that, so I wish him well and hope he knows how reinforcing sincerity and personal truths can be to ones spirit. If he was a Zen Buddhist he should have some good tools to use to relate into his interest in the fiction as realism (assuming he actually is a Jediist).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266038 by
If this man if considering Jediism as a religion, and I believe he is, then I see no difference in his wearing robes and sabers than the catholic priest wearing his collar and prayer beads. Its just that Jediism has not been around for 2000 years... YET!! bhaaahaa :evil:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago #266040 by Kohadre

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: If this man if considering Jediism as a religion, and I believe he is, then I see no difference in his wearing robes and sabers than the catholic priest wearing his collar and prayer beads. Its just that Jediism has not been around for 2000 years... YET!! bhaaahaa :evil:

I would agree with you on that Kyrin, except that he does not seem to be serving his community as a religious official, or within any recognizable form of public work aside from taking pictures for others amusement.

At least with the Catholic priest, their outfit implies a dedication to public service and a commitment to a strict moral and spiritual code of standards and ethics.

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266044 by

Kohadre wrote:
I would agree with you on that Kyrin, except that he does not seem to be serving his community as a religious official, or within any recognizable form of public work aside from taking pictures for others amusement.

At least with the Catholic priest, their outfit implies a dedication to public service and a commitment to a strict moral and spiritual code of standards and ethics.

We are all so quick to judge arent we. ;) How do you know this man does not provide a community service? By what standard do you even define a community service? In fact there are no organized Jedi community outreach programs for him to attach himself to. I find that lacking even at this temple. For example we have an internal fundraiser going on now to keep this temple open but I have never seen any such program this temple has sponsored to reach out to the community at large. No food drives during the holidays or fundraisers for homeless shelters or even a drive to help animal shelters in which we could contribute to help out in some small way as an organization.

So absent of that he goes out alone into the community and lives the life of knowledge, wisdom and compassion that he has dedicated himself to. In wearing the robes he has made himself conspicuous enough so that people will ridicule him (remember Jesus) but also approach him and talk to him. Maybe in those conversations he talks about the life he lives and the peace he has found and maybe sometimes that improves the lives of some of those he interacts with. It may even be in just the smallest of ways but at least hes out there doing it.