Man Lives as Full Time Grey Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265885 by
Replied by on topic Man Lives as Full Time Grey Jedi
The problem is this guy has had a great many sympathizers and gentle proddings. Has had people bring him in and try to help him. Has had donations and all kinds of support. That is what he lives on and is content to be in the position of "Empathy" rather than being an adult in an adult world and doing things like everyone else has to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265891 by
Funny story here. I actually knew this guy. The Rhyl Jedi. When I first became interested in becoming a Jedi, I did a heap of research and finally finally finally got his e-mail. I emailed his some crap about wanting yo be his apprentice etc, and he re-directed me here. Nice to see Kevin's getting a mention here, I think he should be invited and given an honorary knighthood !! :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265901 by

Zenchi wrote: By the way, the links not working for me Akkarin...

When you paste it remove the s from the https and it should work.

Trisskar wrote: This guy clings to the attention, charity, and Materials of Fictional Jedi for said attention and charity. He is homeless and is turned down by many around him because he dosn't adapt to social norm and make himself a contributing part of his community. He could do himself and his "Faith" more good if he got a job and worked for a more normal life, putting his extra money into something meaningful rather than mooching off of the walefare and charity of the community he lives in.

Without me knowing the particulars of his situation, it could very well be that his attachment to these material possessions is impeding his ability to be of greater service. In which case one can argue looking like a Jedi is being given greater priority than performing Jedi acts. If a Jedi is meant to be of service for others then looks feel of lesser importance.

Manu wrote: The attention-whoring is stroooong in this one.

How did you arrive at this judgement from the material linked?

MartaLina wrote: I dont think its our task to tell people what to do , neither judge their behaviour from our comfortalble chairs and warm houses , homelessness comes with more than one problem, the difficulties of adjusting to real harsh life are not to be underestimated and it pains me to see so many blunt words on a man who is clearly not himself and has so much troubles with reality that he has to resort to this behaviour , emphathy is in place here more than condemnattion, people dont live it the streets because they love it and dont want to work. Dont kick a man/woman who is already down :S

Haven't you have judged that he 'is clearly not himself' and 'has to resort to this behaviour'?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265902 by
Yep i have , and i should not ;)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265903 by Zenchi
Thank you Akkarin for the tip, watched this and I can attest by watching, (doesnt seem anyone else caught it) that this man has in fact lost his marbles.

Honestly, there's something going on underneath the surface. I don't see this at all being about choice, its more to do imo with mental health. People seem quick to jump to conclusions about him being a bum or what not. Sometimes, more often than not, it's just not that simple...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi. Reason: my rice krispies told me to...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 4 months ago #265908 by Kohadre
My understanding of the Jedi way is that as followers of the faith, we are called first and foremost into duty and service within our communities to improve the lives of those around us.

As such, my attire is cargo pants, a dark denim cargo vest, and a sling pack. The pockets within each article are usually filled with first aid items (I am certified in Adult, child, and infant CPR), some extra cash, a personal ministry book (ordained minister outside of TOTJO), and other items which I have found come to the aid of others such as s flashlights, duck tape, etc.

I don't outline this for the purpose of bragging, but to hopefully reinforce that it is our purpose to dress in a functional manner and serve others. This man seems to be more concerned on imposing his way of life onto others, regardless of the social discomfort it seems to cause his community. I'd consider it differently if he serves as a religious official / monastic, but that does not seem to be the case here.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 4 months ago #265911 by Edan

Alexandre Orion wrote: One doesn't have to wear a robe every day and carry a lightsabre to be considered a [strike]"f*cking weirdo"[/strike] full time Jedi

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Zenchi, Brick

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265950 by Kohadre

Edan wrote:

Alexandre Orion wrote: One doesn't have to wear a robe every day and carry a lightsabre to be considered a [strike]"f*cking weirdo"[/strike] [strike]full time Jedi[/strike]

Professional cosplayer.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Kohadre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 4 months ago #265957 by Carlos.Martinez3
I'm pretty sure he's ... Content. Might be the wrong word. The " problem" I see is truly my own here. Any person who find their calling I am hands down for it. Go be you, because I am certainly me! I support the guy , hell I support those who find themselves on their path. Why is it va sad thing or frustrating or even hate brewed to see some one else's desissions for their life? Hmm I say good on you brother. Be well! I'm glad to know your story. Be 100% you, all the time . I wish more individuals were " like " him in their own personal persuits.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 4 months ago #265970 by Manu

Zenchi wrote: Thank you Akkarin for the tip, watched this and I can attest by watching, (doesnt seem anyone else caught it) that this man has in fact lost his marbles.

Honestly, there's something going on underneath the surface. I don't see this at all being about choice, its more to do imo with mental health. People seem quick to jump to conclusions about him being a bum or what not. Sometimes, more often than not, it's just not that simple...

I could not watch the video either before. I'm inclined to agree with you Zenchi, and thus very strongly disagree with Silas and Carlos.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward