Star Wars: Expanded Universe

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7095 by
Replied by on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
I wanted to add something else that I was thinking about in the Legacy of the Force series. With the last books title coming out as INVINCABLE I wonder who that title will be referring to. Could be any number of people, but likely Either Caedus, Luke, Ben or even for a longshot Boba, because of the new technology he's getting to repair his damaged body. Wouldn't that be a twist, if all the GA or whatever it turns out to be after the war was ran by Boba Fett. That would make for an interesting follow on series I think.

DK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7182 by
That's a good point, I forgot about Boba. Could the Mandalorians be ready for another conquest? I know he wants Caedus, and maybe should get him, Boba always gets his man, right? The new fighters they are making will be a force to be reckoned with. That gives me more to wonder, THANKS!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7220 by
No problem, I forgot about those new Basilisks too. That would make plenty of sense, they will likely make the difference. Imagine a fleet of those and of StealthX's, they would be unstoppable! I'm just not completely sure Caedus will die in the end, I think he may be redeemed, but it'll be after something happens to Allana. Speaking of which, I believe is exactly how he plans to get the Hapans support back, he's kidnapping his daughter from the Queen Mother. I have no doubts about that move on his part.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7272 by
This Legacy of the Force series, is absolutely enthralling. I love it, every book, every page and every word. So many things that we've come to know and love in the SW Universe, is coming undone. I think that, as they said when they were advertising this series, everything that we knew about SW is going to come to an end. I'm foreseeing the deaths of some more major players other than those already gone. I'm thinking that Caedus is going to get his in the end, and it'll be a Skywalker exacting punishment, but not good ol' Farmboy, it'll be the his kid. That's just my personal take on the whole thing, I could be worng, and it wouldn't be the first time, however, I do think that it's time to usher out the \"Old Guard\" of SW, they've had their time, and there's only so many books you can write about the same old characters.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7289 by
Well, I've heard that Dark Horse Comics is going to reveal who Darth Krayt (as seen in my picture) was before he became a Sith. Maybe it will have something to do with this series, maybe its Ben. By the way, I did not know there was a Darth Krayt when I chose my name, it was just a pleasant surprise when looking for a picture of a Krayt Dragon. I haven't really read any of the Dark Horse Comics stuff. I don't know who will die still, its been pretty surprising so far, I hated that Mara died, she was one of my favorite characters because of her background as an Emporer's Hand. I guess its only fitting though. Well, can't wait for the next book.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #7294 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Well, I've heard that Dark Horse Comics is going to reveal who Darth Krayt (as seen in my picture) was before he became a Sith. Maybe it will have something to do with this series, maybe its Ben. By the way, I did not know there was a Darth Krayt when I chose my name, it was just a pleasant surprise when looking for a picture of a Krayt Dragon. I haven't really read any of the Dark Horse Comics stuff. I don't know who will die still, its been pretty surprising so far, I hated that Mara died, she was one of my favorite characters because of her background as an Emporer's Hand. I guess its only fitting though. Well, can't wait for the next book.

DK

Hehehe! Well I personally don`t believe in coincidences!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7302 by
I noticed that on Wookiepedia, there is going to be another Skywalker after Ben. So that gives me hope that he will survive. As bad as I don't wanna say it, Luke Skywalker may not live through the series. I can see his self sacrifice being a good way to finish him off. I hope he takes Caedus with him. (BTW, for those who have read INFERNO, it took them a while in the text to make him stop calling himself Jacen) I only read a few lines about Cade Skywalker, his father was named Kol, and was the last link they give to Luke's family. It has to come from Ben, there are not or will ever be any kids of Master Skywalker

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7338 by
Yeah, I don't see Luke re-marrying or anything. You are probably right in that Luke will die in this series. But If I remember from what little I've read of it, Kade Skywalker is in the time of Darth Krayt, which is like 130+years ABY, so it could be right timeline wise. Kol could be Ben's child or even still possibly however unlikely another of Luke's offspring.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9539 by
OK, I have been really swamped with school and the holidays, but I did manage to fit in a few books over the past month or so. Tattoine Ghost is a good read. It takes place before the Vong War, and centers on Han and Leia trying to find the Killik Twilight painting. It was made better by the fact that Kitster Banai is selling a holocube of Anakin's win in the Boonta Eve. There are some good plots, but the thing I liked the best was the references to Anakin. Also, the conclusion takes place in a Sand People holy spot. Which happens to be the spot where Anakin found his mother, and killed the Sand People who lived there.

Survivor's Quest is about Luke and Mara. They join up with Chiss, some Empire of the Hand soldiers, and a new race to search the ruins of Outbound Flight. It's good, Luke does some cool stuff. Mara as always is great, she's gonna be missed.

Fury, is the new book in the LotF series. I like where the story is heading, but don't know yet what to expect. Fury was great because all the Jedi have become kind of their own goverment, and are making their own decisions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9632 by
OK, seeing as how this area doesn't really provide much in educational value, I have no problem posting here, any knowledge learned from a book could not have been prevented.

So, I happened to see the new cover for the final book in the LotF series, and it looks like (I'm not 100%) Jacen and Jaina are dueling on the cover. Which would make my earlier prediction of the whole "Sword of the Jedi" reference correct. I still wonder if Caedus will be killed or not. Also makes you wonder, if Jaina is the one fighting him, what happened to Luke? Your prediction about Luke dying could also be correct. Only time will tell I guess. Good day.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135