Star Wars: Expanded Universe

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6212 by
Replied by on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
They are making a sequel to \"Path of Destruction\"? Maybe there is a God! (Just kidding Tom, it's not that easy to change my mind) Wow, this is such great news, I can't wait. I have also been disappointed with the content of the series so far on the part of sort of leaving Jaina out. She has been involved but not too much, which is why I think it'll be her, besides they need to use that prophecy somehow, and with her being seemingly idle, she'd be perfect. I do actually think somehow Ben will become his apprentice atleast for a while, but for the sole reason of gaining enough power to exact revenge for his mothers death. At this point I just don't think Ben is strong enough to confront Jacen and win. If its not Jaina, it'll be Luke who finally confronts Jacen. I don't think any of the other Jedi will be able to stand up to him power and ability wise, according to what has been addressed so far in the story line, not to mention many of them feel they should be doing more for the GA as well. I'm still curious to find out who Luke will be fighting for in this war, the GA or the new Rebellion. I think thats supposed to be addressed in INFERNO, which I was told was supposed to come out on the 17th ish. Either way I should get it soon. I don't think they'll find out what actually happened to Mira Jade Skywalker in this novel, probably like the next to last one is when they will find out the truth on that matter. These are all just speculations of course, I have no inside information, just my own theories.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6354 by
Personally, I hope that Luke and Jacen have it out, and Jacen leaves ol' Luke lying and dying on the floor in some backwater cantina. That's just my personal wishes for the series, because the old heros are exactly that, old, well, except for Han, he's the man after all. Just tired of reading about the same characters over and over and over again, that, and I don't really like Luke Skywalker. But, as for the Ben part, I don't think that he'll be like either Luke, or Jacen, I think he's going to go do his own thing, and that HE is the one that is actually meant to be a Sith Lord, and the whole deal with Jacen is to just get him started down that path, though neither he nor Jacen truly understands that just yet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6375 by
i dont think ben will become a sith lord, just because of the way star wars is. its all about twist and turns lol.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6387 by
Krayt, the sequel to Path of Destruction will be called, the Rule of Two. Its coming out before christmas, so i get another book this year!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6413 by
who is more powerfull

Darth Nihilus or
Palpatine

read about Darth Nihilus before u say Palpatine

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6457 by
I lean more towards Darth Bane. He was the original after all, and was extremely powerful. Nihilus was only strong sporadically. He was at his most powerful after he had killed. Palpatine was strong in the Force, but was consumed by his own greed, and lust for power. Trusting in Vader was his downfall.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6465 by
yeah Bane is one of the best Sith, but i think that Nihilus is the best cuz he could devour planets. but Palpatine most powerfull Force power was Force Storm (wormhole).

His very speech caused pain and death to all who heard it

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6575 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
\"During the time of the Emperor's return, I, too, went over to the dark side. I did so for a variety of reasons, some of which seemed to make sense at the time, and many of which still cause me difficulty. What I experienced then has given me an understanding of the dark side which is vital to fight it. More importantly, the love of my sister and my friends drew me back. It redeemed me. Even the most foul victim of the dark side can be redeemed. By turning their backs on evil, Brakiss and Kam have already begun their journey into the light. I want to help them complete that journey.\"
Luke.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6666 by
Jon wrote:

\"During the time of the Emperor's return, I, too, went over to the dark side. I did so for a variety of reasons, some of which seemed to make sense at the time, and many of which still cause me difficulty. What I experienced then has given me an understanding of the dark side which is vital to fight it. More importantly, the love of my sister and my friends drew me back. It redeemed me. Even the most foul victim of the dark side can be redeemed. By turning their backs on evil, Brakiss and Kam have already begun their journey into the light. I want to help them complete that journey.\"
Luke.

I also like the part before this, when he explained how love saved him. It was Leia's love for Luke that turned him from the darkside. And it was a son's love for his father that saved Vader.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6672 by
I made it through INFERNO in about 2 days, and it was awesome. There are some cliff hangers, and if you are like me, you might have even been in despair after the biggest one.

All in all, it wasn't one of the best, but the book had some great action, and Luke Skywalker is a BAD ASS!!!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi