Star Wars: Expanded Universe

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6166 by
I wanted to start a forum, to talk about the books, novels, and comics of the Star Wars Universe. I am a huge fan of the films, as you can tell, but having read all of the novels, has helped me see the whole perspective. I think there are some great novels in the series, Labyrinth of Evil, I, Jedi, and any Legacy of the Force novel.

These can help a few padawans, knights, and even masters. Also, this can be used as kind of a book review page. If you would like to make a comment, ask a question, or know what books to read, post em! I will gladly help, and some of you can help me I'm sure.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6167 by
Replied by on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
KieranHalcyon wrote:

I wanted to start a forum, to talk about the books, novels, and comics of the Star Wars Universe. I am a huge fan of the films, as you can tell, but having read all of the novels, has helped me see the whole perspective. I think there are some great novels in the series, Labyrinth of Evil, I, Jedi, and any Legacy of the Force novel.

These can help a few padawans, knights, and even masters. Also, this can be used as kind of a book review page. If you would like to make a comment, ask a question, or know what books to read, post em! I will gladly help, and some of you can help me I'm sure.

Your forum is ready.

Br. John+

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6168 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
Sounds interesting. Who wrote these novels and with what background information?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6169 by
yea, what's the deal with Han Solo's kids? BRATS!!!! and then he's raising sith lords? nu-uh....and who else was depressed when Chewie died? anyone?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6170 by
KieranHalcyon wrote:

I made you a forum just for this.

Br. John+

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6172 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
Do these stories follow the Star Wars Saga or are they pre-runners?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6173 by
War_Beauty wrote:

yea, what's the deal with Han Solo's kids? BRATS!!!! and then he's raising sith lords? nu-uh....and who else was depressed when Chewie died? anyone?

Vector Prime was the first EU book that I read, and I was very distressed when Chewbacca died. Even more when Anakin Solo died.

Darth Caedus is a pretty cool concept. Making Han and Leia's son a sith lord was a neat twist. I hope he has to square off with Ben!

Thanks for making this a topic. I thought we might get some enlightenment out of my hobby.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6174 by
ok, i'm glad i'm not the only one who was not all smiles and giggles about it. And yes, the loss Ani Solo was hard. But really, a sith Lord? although, Han's kids are brats so i'm not to shocked about it honestly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6206 by
FInally, a forum and others who have as much passion for the novels as I do. I actually cried when Chewie died, I know its surprising, but I actually felt like I lost a friend too. I haven't read the novel yet where Ani Solo dies, but I'm getting there, I know its in Star by Star, don't worry, you guys didn't ruin it for me. Personally I can't think of a better person in the novels to become the newest Sith Lord than Jacen Solo. On top of it all, he's doing it for all the right reasons. I've heard the comment that the \"road to Hell is paved with good intentions\" Its kind of where I see it going. I pose this question to you though, do you think he'll be killed in the end, or redeemed? You know good will triumph in the end, but which way is the true question. I don't think he'll square off with Ben, it seems that would be too easy for him, he'd crush Ben. Jacen is almost as good with a lightsaber as Luke is supposed to be, but younger. I personally think it will be with Jaina his sister, the \"Sword of the Jedi\". I believe thats what that little prophecy is leading too. I haven't read the newest one yet, INFERNO I think it is, so please don't ruin any details of that one. I should be getting it soon.

As far as good books to read for actual learning value, I agree with the ones already stated by KeiranHalcyon. Especially \"I, Jedi\" another good one that I feel is a great learning experience, which I totally didn't expect was \"Path of Darkness\" the story of Darth Bane and how he came to the rule of two and such. I have not read all of them, by anymeans, but I'm trying, since they keep coming out with them its hard to make headway.

All of these books follow the saga, there are some good ones that are prequal, obviously \"Path of Darkness\" is a prequal to pretty much all the other books and the movies.

Perris, what did you expect of Solo kids, look at Han. Sure they have the Skywalker genes as well, but they aren't exactly little angels either, so you put the two together and you get hellyuns!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6209 by
INFERNO, doesn't come out til next week sometime. I think that the confrontation with Jaina would be a good thing. Ben is maturing, when he finds out what happened to his mother, either he is gonna flip, and kill Jacen, or he will become like Luke. Jacen still wants Ben as his apprentice, so we'll just have to see what turns out.

Jaina has been cut out of the storyline somewhat. That's disappointing, she was great in the Vong war.

Path of Destruction is awesome. I can't wait for the sequel!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi