Star Wars: Expanded Universe

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6673 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
KieranHalcyon wrote:

Jon wrote:

\"During the time of the Emperor's return, I, too, went over to the dark side. I did so for a variety of reasons, some of which seemed to make sense at the time, and many of which still cause me difficulty. What I experienced then has given me an understanding of the dark side which is vital to fight it. More importantly, the love of my sister and my friends drew me back. It redeemed me. Even the most foul victim of the dark side can be redeemed. By turning their backs on evil, Brakiss and Kam have already begun their journey into the light. I want to help them complete that journey.\"
Luke.

I also like the part before this, when he explained how love saved him. It was Leia's love for Luke that turned him from the darkside. And it was a son's love for his father that saved Vader.

Certainly is a powerfull message concerning the power of Love.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6733 by
Replied by on topic Re:Star Wars: Expanded Universe
the new book INFERNO is it good and what is the hole seris about

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6899 by
INFERNO, was a good book. The series is basically about Jacen Solo turning to the dark side, and the war that it causes. They are good books, Legacy of the Force is the name of the series, you should check it out Karol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6912 by
Yes, the Legacy of the Force series is great, so far, and only getting better. Your are right, Luke is pretty Bad-ass. I wasn't so much in despair, simply because I knew what you were referring to could not happen, atleast not this early in the series. Judging by the looks of it, whoever said that Jacen's fall was just a means to Ben becoming the true Sith Lord, could be true. Its looking like Ben will fall to the darkside even if only for a little while. I thought for sure Jacen was going to die in this one, but I was dissappointed. The authors seem to be at a loss in a sense of how to make Jacen seem really powerfull, but not to the point of \"all-powerfull\". They make him seem like sort of a coward in this one, especially in the battle, instead of powerfull. The only reason he did as much damage as he did, was with tricks and such, which sure a Sith Lord would use, but after his power alone was not enough. Instead of from the start. Anyways, all in all, it was a decen't book, but not as great or \"catching\" as some of the others in the series.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6929 by
Yeah, I can relate to that. They can't kill Caedus off til at least two more books. . . cause he's on the cover of the next to last of the series. Caedus is scared of Skywalker, and Luke knows this. In the next book FURY, Ben in on the cover, and I think he might just take his trip over to the dark side. The authors did do a bad job of making him the 'all powerful' Sith he was supposed to be. I think that is where Alema will come in.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6931 by
Second best forum!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7045 by
Also, I can't believe that I didn't mention this book. 'Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader' was also a great book. It was more about how Vader had to come to terms with his new body. THE LAST CHAPTER IS ONE OF THE BEST IN ALL THE EU!!! It follows Obi-Wan on one of his day trips following the Lars'. He is in a cantina on Tatooine, and finds that Vader is still alive. It's one of those things I have always wanted to know about, and Luceno did it very well. I think it is out in paperback now, I highly recommend this one.

More
16 years 7 months ago #7075 by Garm
not sure if this belongs here.

Check out the poster for the upcoming 1 hour Family Guy –Star Wars Special to be aired Sunday Sept 23 8/9c on FOX.

http://starwarsblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/06/first-look-family-guy-blue-harvest-poster/

Br. Lenny

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7076 by
I thought that book was mentioned, or else I would also have recommended it. I have it in hard cover, its actually kind of funny. I was on my way home from Iraq, and we had to stop in Kuwait for a few days, and the day before we left from there, me and some of my buddies went to the exchange (store) to get some supplies for the trip. And there it was, the only copy! My buddy actually pointed it out to me, before I got over there, I sort of blew him off in disbelief, because I didn't know it was supposed to come out, but sure enough there it was. Like a beacon sticking out too, all the books near by it were really bland in color, and of course it had the brightness of flames or lava or whatever is on the cover. I felt I had no choice but to buy it, which would have been my choice anyways. It was a great read, for the trip to back to the states, it kind of helped me understand my darkside a little better, and helped me to realize that both must extremes must exist for one to be whole. It also helped me to understand control of both extremes better. Two thumbs up from this guy!

I think Skywalker is a little afraid of Caedus too, after their incounter, he realized the level at which he is working in. Luke got pretty messed up as well, so I think he'll have to come into it with a better understanding than he had before, or else lose the next time. After this book, I'm forced to reconcider my idea about Jaina being the one best to encounter him. I don't want to revoke it completely, but I'm not sure she possesses the skill required to take him out, atleast not yet, we will see, maybe she'll get some extra training somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if its not Ben in the end though, not after this one. He bit his toungue and held his patience through a lot, before attempting to strike, I wonder what other tricks he will have in store later on. I do agree that Alema will pose a difference, but I think its more of what she has in her possession. The holocron and the ship are going to be what makes the difference. The ship is Bad-ass all in and of itself, but the holocron, which Alema has mistaken as junk due to its contents, no doubt has some sort of security on it to prevent someone of her mental unstability to access its true knowledge. I'm looking forward to the next book with enthusiasm.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7081 by
Awsome I love the Family Guy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi