[Warning Possible Spoilers] Force Awakens discussion (Post viewing) (Warning Spoilers)

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215166 by
Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!

Jedi_Roz wrote: Oh! One more thing! I want to know how the battery on a saber holds for thirty years?! Mine holds for about a week.....lol I want to learn that technology! :-)

May the Force be with you, Always. Walk in Beauty.


i feel like any civilization who has developed Faster Than Light travel has also upped their battery game to like, fusion level.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215175 by
Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!Spoiler!



Desolous wrote:

Jedi_Roz wrote: Oh! One more thing! I want to know how the battery on a saber holds for thirty years?! Mine holds for about a week.....lol I want to learn that technology! :-)

May the Force be with you, Always. Walk in Beauty.


i feel like any civilization who has developed Faster Than Light travel has also upped their battery game to like, fusion level.


I'm pretty sure there used to be a commercial for either Duracel or Energizer where during the fight in Episode 5 Vader's lightsaber goes out and he has to stop and check the battery.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215371 by

Goken wrote:

Desolous wrote:

Jedi_Roz wrote: Oh! One more thing! I want to know how the battery on a saber holds for thirty years?! Mine holds for about a week.....lol I want to learn that technology! :-)

May the Force be with you, Always. Walk in Beauty.


i feel like any civilization who has developed Faster Than Light travel has also upped their battery game to like, fusion level.


I'm pretty sure there used to be a commercial for either Duracel or Energizer where during the fight in Episode 5 Vader's lightsaber goes out and he has to stop and check the battery.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxafIhYFOr0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215373 by
I guess to put this thread back on course, after I was part in derailing it, I just finished watching it for a second time and I went with a different perspective. It was great hearing everyone's opinions on many different topics.

I will now give this Episode 8.5/10. The movie actually answers a lot of the questions posed here and elsewhere. There are only a couple questions I have, but I am sure the next movies will answer them. sets up the trilogy as well as paying homage to the past really well.

I guess it reflected the fourth movie quite a bit, but that is to be expected with the new characters to set up the trilogy. Why mess with a system that works? I think the next episode is probably going to be the best out of the trilogy, but that is only my prediction.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215375 by
This won't be a trilogy though.

Also, yeah, it worked before,so let's just keep making the same movie?

That's strange logic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215392 by

Khaos wrote: This won't be a trilogy though.

Also, yeah, it worked before,so let's just keep making the same movie?

That's strange logic.


Oh, from what I read it is. Are you suggesting there will be more than 3?

It's not the same movie though. It is the same structure/formula, but not the same movie, unless my definition of the word same if different than yours.

I felt they used the same formula to introduce the new characters while keeping the previous movies in view. THis was done to set up the next movies. The only thing I can think of at the moment would be to change Starkiller base and have a different tactic. However, that may have been too much for the movie, considering thye skipped quite a few years between episode 6 and 7 and needs to introduce the new characters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215394 by
I'm sure they'll make more, but this "chapter" of the saga will be confined to three.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215414 by
I wonder how they will manage that and why they would bother.

As it is, they plan to release a new one every year, so in that, I would hope they would do away with the sense of a three part story, if only because I am hoping the next one doesnt follow Empire, because at that point I see little value in this story as a place to draw inspiration from in any further context.

As I already have 4,5,6.

Aside from that, Star Wars movies does poorly with there villains, the EU at least gave them three dimensions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215417 by
Continuity
Proven market record (aka "If it ain't broke")
They've said every time they've spoken about it that they will
Limited audience attention span
Difficulties of continuing to hire increasingly famous/in demand actors
Law of diminishing returns
Anthology films allowing them to continue to make money from the franchise when the "main films" aren't around

Amongst others.. seriously how much more of a big deal has the new movie been because of the gap? It's not like Disney can't continue to make money with other properties in the interim... you think the people in charge of Disney are dumb enough when it comes to money to kill their golden goose, by letting it become ordinary?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215506 by
There will be three main episodes. I am currently reading Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Art of Star Wars, and they state the "Sequel Trilogy" by name. So, Disney is planning on 3 for now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi