[Warning Possible Spoilers] Force Awakens discussion (Post viewing) (Warning Spoilers)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215510 by
Episode VIII is supposed to be released in May of 2017. Rogue One is supposed to come out in December 2016. I guess it's all in how you count the extra movies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #218070 by
I really enjoyed TFA...I think it was brilliantly directed with spectacular visuals, fantastic acting, and good pacing. Kylo Ren was an intimidating villain who has a VERY interesting backstory and Supreme Leader Snoke is interesting from what we saw of him thus far. Overall, TFA hit all the right notes and was an amazing experience! :laugh:

More
8 years 2 months ago #220797 by Adder
Now I can finally read this thread B)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

More
8 years 2 months ago #220816 by TheDude
My thoughts on the film:
Warning: Spoiler!

More
8 years 2 months ago #220819 by Adder
Finally got around to putting down my first impressions;

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #220827 by J_Roz
I went back and watched the movie yesterday with a much more critical eye. I have actually changed my own thoughts on quite a bit of the movie. :-) it was fun. I might even go see it one more time, just because. :-)

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 2 months ago #221323 by RyuJin
according to the script, finn was the leader of his fire team...his evaluations indicated that he was a "superior marksman, tactician, and skillfull leader", it also indicated "a dangerous level of empathy" because he had a squad member that kept making mistakes and finn kept covering for those mistakes...finn was also the only member of his fire team without a nickname...the one that was mistake prone was called "slips", then there was one called "9's", i forget the third member's nickname...according to the script this is why finn was so willing to accept the name poe gave him...he wanted to belong, as a stormtrooper captain phasma confronted him about feeling like an outsider (according to the companion comic)...also according to the original script, captain phasma IS the lilttle girl from the ewoks movies....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #221868 by
So the other day I saw something that I felt was worth sharing. It's about how people are freaking out that Rey was able to beat Kylo Ren. I can't find the image but it said:

Anakin: Only human to win a pod race (and at age 8 no less) because of the Force. No one bats an eye.
Luke: First time piloting anything in outer space, destroys the Death Star on the first shot (making a shot that the computers couldn't) because of the Force. Not difficult to accept at all.
Rey: Has been shown capable of fighting rather well. Only barely beats an emotionally unstable, poorly trained villain who had just taken a shot to the mid section from a weapon that had been repeatedly shown throughout the movie to be highly powerful and had fought someone else first. Fans think it's implausible.

Just saying. :P

More
8 years 2 months ago #221934 by Adder

Goken wrote: Luke: First time piloting anything in outer space, destroys the Death Star on the first shot (making a shot that the computers couldn't) because of the Force. Not difficult to accept at all.

:lol:
Yea but, he'd been training to go the academy, so its easy to imagine he was already fully up on knowledge and some flight experience.

But there is another way to look at it. Perhaps Luke 'using the Force' distracted Vader enough to let the Falcon slip so close undetected. I dunno where flight control (radar/visual detection) was, maybe they'd hit the detection arrays in that sector already, and obviously his wingmen were focusing too much on perfect formation flying LOL.

So perhaps it was less about making the perfect shot, but more about getting rid of Vader who was going to nudge the weapon inflight anyway. Luke had already said he could make the shot easily, so they just needed to get him on target without interruption. Anyway that is another way to look at it maybe, but I'd have to watch it again to see if that idea really flies!!

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #221935 by Alexandre Orion
Flying in space would have been a piece of cake next to negotiating canyons on Tatooine (remember the pod race ?) which also likely would have given him the edge in that trench of the Death Star.

Whereas getting Vader off of him was definitely a plus, I feel that the thing that would have kept him from making that shot was the computer itself ... Like when some new gadget is supposed to make something one has been doing the "hard way" for years a lot easier, but it doesn't ; it just makes a mess ? Well, he probably didn't have all that gadgetry to "bull's-eye womp rats" back home. It was actually a lot more dependable (once he got beyond the notion that all his friends were going to be vaporised if he missed) to just shut off the computer and shoot like he knew how to do. 'Using the Force' was, once again, just taking a breath, relaxing and letting the body's own natural knowledge work in the place of "trying".

But then, what the hell would I know ? :P

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Alexandre Orion.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi