Sith

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #278223 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Gisteron wrote:

As much as has been posted in this very forum and as long as you've been around, you should know better.

I don't. Please, do educate me.

Please do educate yourself. It's your forum.

Maybe a list of Sith with genuine aspirations for world domination?

I'm sorry I gave you credit in the past for being a thinker if that's what you got from my post, Gisty. Read again, por favor.

I'm not here to have the conversation that's been had a hundred times already. Someone asks if Sith exist, I represent. That's my only interest here... well, and to point out that James' summary is incorrect, even thought it is the closest (I guess) but that doesn't mean I'm here to play ball with anyone but the OP.

Enjoy your search bar.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278237 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith

Indra Snow wrote: I'm not here to have the conversation that's been had a hundred times already. Someone asks if Sith exist, I represent. That's my only interest here... well, and to point out that James' summary is incorrect, even thought it is the closest (I guess) but that doesn't mean I'm here to play ball with anyone but the OP.

Representing, is that what you call it? You know, you're kinda cute when your all serious and stuff Snowy... Lol!

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
7 years 1 month ago #278238 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Sith

Indra Snow wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

As much as has been posted in this very forum and as long as you've been around, you should know better.

I don't. Please, do educate me.

Please do educate yourself. It's your forum.

No, it isn't. But besides, this was never a Sith forum during my stay, and it didn't even have a Sith subforum for years now. You come here, act all like an expert, like what ever impressions of the Sith ways someone has are self-evidently false and that the "true" Sith way is something obvious. I figured you must be knowing more about it than myself, so in an effort to grow myself and learn about it, I ask you to share your wisdom for all our benefits. How can I learn about the Sith from this forum, if whenever someone speaks of it, they are wrong? Maybe I should wait for BBB to return from your parlor after you have educated them. Clearly I am unworthy...

Maybe a list of Sith with genuine aspirations for world domination?

I'm sorry I gave you credit in the past for being a thinker if that's what you got from my post, Gisty. Read again, por favor.

I didn't. That's why there is the "maybe" there, because I wasn't sure what part of the passage you quoted from JS you actually disagreed with. I admit, I am not very good at reading the unwritten. Maybe I should try it more, lest I too grow avoidable misconceptions and misunderstandings...
Also, would you kindly remind me of that time you "gave me credit in the past"? Since so far you only made five posts it was easy enough to go through them all to find no mention of me and I am frankly a tad too lazy to go through all of the just over one hundred topics I have contributed to, just to see if on one or more of the posts I made in the last 63 months there was one you left a thanks to. Now maybe you have been here under a different name, but that's no allegation I wish to make just yet...

I'm not here to have the conversation that's been had a hundred times already.

Seeing as that's almost every conversation here, why even register at all then?

Someone asks if Sith exist, I represent.

Wait, so do you wish to represent the Sith or do you wish to not have any conversation that's been had a hundred times already? Also, what fraction of the Sith of the world actually elected you to represent them?

... James' summary is incorrect, even thought it is the closest (I guess)...

Who decides that?

that doesn't mean I'm here to play ball with anyone but the OP.

Well, you have made three posts in this topic and only one of them was in response to the OP. You made two more posts on the forum, in topics where the OP of this one didn't have any part yet. Now I'm not questioning your intentions, if you are stating them as clearly as that, just expressing my surprise seeing as usually when people intend to not do something they are perfectly free to not do, they don't.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278239 by
Replied by on topic Sith
I would appreciate it if the two of you would not destory this forum with your own personal argument. This is not the place, nor the Jedi way. I will not have this forum bogged down like the others with people's personal arguments. If you don't stop, I will report it

More
7 years 1 month ago #278242 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Sith

BacwnBágúnBacon wrote: I would appreciate it if the two of you would not destory this forum with your own personal argument. This is not the place, nor the Jedi way. I will not have this forum bogged down like the others with people's personal arguments. If you don't stop, I will report it

We don't threaten people either. Reported.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
7 years 1 month ago #278243 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Sith
:lol:

A threat? I'm content having a moderator decide whether I broke any rules. Do it. :P

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 1 month ago #278245 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Sith
This is why we can't have nice things.

Locking this thread for a time out until I can actually read through and figure out why everyones upset.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278520 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Thread is unlocked , be respectfull of eachothers opinions , and please dont report a threat unless there is a real threat , thank you very much !

As much as i do understand things getting heated , please try to think before you post , and ...count to 10

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #278523 by
Replied by on topic Sith
I would be happy to answer any questions about the Sith if people have them.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by .

More
7 years 1 month ago #278524 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Sith

Bagheera wrote: I would be happy to answer any questions about the Sith if people have them.

I've seen some Sith who adhere to belief in the Force, while others say that it's a bunch of nonsense. Having read some Sith material, I've noticed that there seems to be disagreement on more than a few topics which I would consider central in a philosophical, spiritual, or practical system. Given the wide range of beliefs and past disagreements, what does it mean to be Sith? Is it an adherence to a kind of pragmatic, quasi-Machiavellian code of ethics? (Some of the stuff at FA would seem to suggest that, among other things.) Or something totally different? I've noticed a focus on individuality and self-actualization from some; is communism compatible with Sithism? I've asked a few Sith about what makes a Sith, but I always get different answers. Perhaps that contributes to a lot of Jedi not "getting it"... but I digress. I'm interested in what you have to say.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi