Sith

More
7 years 4 months ago #269936 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith

Renny wrote:

Reiji wrote: Lol, I won't go as far to say Trump is a Jedi master, however, I do believe his rise to the presidency was needed because of how there was a political imbalance with the over the top SJW and PC culture that was dominating the US. Things are too far left, so Trump is sort of what was needed to bring the country back to the center.

I would dispute this claim
the countries politics, atleast as far as the two parties are concerned have been steadily moving to the right since Reagan.

The mentality of "SJW" on college campuses and other parts of the media is disturbing however.

Please lets keep it on topic people, you want to drudge poilitcs up on christmas start a thread...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Avalon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269937 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Zenchi wrote:

Renny wrote:

Reiji wrote: Lol, I won't go as far to say Trump is a Jedi master, however, I do believe his rise to the presidency was needed because of how there was a political imbalance with the over the top SJW and PC culture that was dominating the US. Things are too far left, so Trump is sort of what was needed to bring the country back to the center.

I would dispute this claim
the countries politics, atleast as far as the two parties are concerned have been steadily moving to the right since Reagan.

The mentality of "SJW" on college campuses and other parts of the media is disturbing however.

Please lets keep it on topic people, you want to drudge poilitcs up on christmas start a thread...

perhaps you are right.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #269944 by
Replied by on topic Sith
I was just adding my opinion to what several other people were posting about politics and how it related to the Sith in this thread
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269950 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Politics is the perfect metaphor for real life sith and jedi. I champion my jedi masters and those on the left champion their jedi masters. From these respective points of view the other side is the sith in each case. So who is right? Well of course the bringers of freedom not free stuff! ;-)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #269951 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith

Politics is the perfect metaphor for real life sith and jedi. I champion my jedi masters and those on the left champion their jedi masters. From these respective points of view the other side is the sith in each case. So who is right? Well of course the bringers of freedom not free stuff!

Maybe I didn't get enough sleep, but that seems like it makes close to no sense at all.

I suppose it would be rude of me not to give you the opportunity to explain further if you so wish - so if the fancy takes you, I'd welcome you explaining that train of thought (I'm sure for my benefit only, everyone else in the room may well understand it with far greater clarity)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269955 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Yes, there are Sith.

I am Sith, as is Khaos above.

You're welcome to perceive the world as either/or, black or white, good or evil... but know it is not that way for a lot of people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269957 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Its always funny how these talks of Sith always go to some sort of morality value.

Good, evil, black, white....This is never a discussion among Sith.

Its actually a little surprising people who talk about it so much as not mattering, because we all got both, etc, are the ones that bring it up ad nauseum.

Makes for an extremely boring,broken record of a conversation.

More, it tells me people dont actually know what the Sith path is about and so got to this default type of answer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #269959 by
Replied by on topic Sith

JamesSand wrote:

Politics is the perfect metaphor for real life sith and jedi. I champion my jedi masters and those on the left champion their jedi masters. From these respective points of view the other side is the sith in each case. So who is right? Well of course the bringers of freedom not free stuff!

Maybe I didn't get enough sleep, but that seems like it makes close to no sense at all.

I suppose it would be rude of me not to give you the opportunity to explain further if you so wish - so if the fancy takes you, I'd welcome you explaining that train of thought (I'm sure for my benefit only, everyone else in the room may well understand it with far greater clarity)

khaos beat me to the explanation. Please refer to his post above.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #270103 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Perhaps the multitude of threads here devoted to explaining and understanding real Sith aren't obvious enough. Stickied threads wouldn't help either. Maybe a disclaimer on the front page right under the section about us not being like the Jedi from the movies we could say something about how Sith are also not like the movies.

Short of that we could write it on a mallet to hit people with, finally get it drilled in. Sith are not evil or even the opposite of Jedi. They're just different.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #270104 by
Replied by on topic Sith
It is an understandable issue. We have new people coming in every day, and they have no pre-conception as to what the real Sith would be like. It's SO different from how the movie Sith are that it's probably a little shocking. They are expecting us all to be SithAcademy-like.

My recommendation is to add it to the FAQ and perhaps link to it whenever the Sith topic is brought up.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi