Sith

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270121 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Connor L. wrote: My recommendation is to add it to the FAQ and perhaps link to it whenever the Sith topic is brought up.

If folks were willing to help dig through the forums for such threads and save me a list of title and link....I can add it to the Common Topics document I have linked in my signature.

And....If other people were to link it in their signature....more would be able to find it

Just...a suggestion :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270122 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Trisskar wrote:

Connor L. wrote: My recommendation is to add it to the FAQ and perhaps link to it whenever the Sith topic is brought up.

If folks were willing to help dig through the forums for such threads and save me a list of title and link....I can add it to the Common Topics document I have linked in my signature.

And....If other people were to link it in their signature....more would be able to find it

Sith studies

Sith Discussions

These are two of the more recent ones that I think also have some of the best information as far as I can tell.

Edit: The Sith Studies thread goes off topic for a bit in the middle and it takes a minute for the Sith Discussion one to get on the right track but there's good info in both of them with very minor sifting.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270125 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Goken wrote:

Trisskar wrote:

Sith studies

Sith Discussions

These are two of the more recent ones that I think also have some of the best information as far as I can tell.

Edit: The Sith Studies thread goes off topic for a bit in the middle and it takes a minute for the Sith Discussion one to get on the right track but there's good info in both of them with very minor sifting.

Archive pending.....(glares at pasta to cook faster)

More
7 years 3 months ago #270128 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/116081-siths-are-really-siths#259496

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270130 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Added....Added.....And Added. I'll try digging some more tonight and when I get a decent sized lists ill add it to the thread. For now though its in the Google Doc (Since Editing Options are limited here lol)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #278181 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Well of course, "from a certain point of view". I consider a Sith to let their anger flow through them and use their anger against others. There also must be an abundance of anger. Those with depression contain a terrible anger they may not be able to control. And Sith do not have to be bad. Anakin was forced into the Sith order due to the fact that Palpatine used Padme against him. Sith come in a variety. Some are incapable of channeling their anger and suffering, others are capable. If you look deeper into the Sith values, beliefs, and traits, you can apply those things to almost anyone and learn that almost everyone is capable of being a Sith. Just like the politicians sided with the Democrats or Republicans. For example, if you believe Hillary is manipulative, then you may consider her a Sith. If you look at Donald and see how he may be close minded to allowing new people to be a part of the United States, then you may consider him as a Sith. You may even look at yourself and find Sith traits. In my eyes, there are many Sith. Big or small, greedy or depressed. You must look at it from a certain point of view.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #278217 by
Replied by on topic Sith

BacwnBágúnBacon wrote: Are there any Sith living today? That's slightly frightening if there are. Does anyone know of any real-life Sith and/or Dark Jedi?

You clearly have a false impression of what a Sith is, dear.

Come, have some milk and cookies in my parlor. Lets talk :)
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #278218 by
Replied by on topic Sith

JamesSand wrote: There are Force believers who refer to themselves as Sith.

The only "force" I believe in is myself, thanks.

My (I'm sure likely to be corrected) understanding of it is that they believe in efficient, effective, and direct (Quite unlike movie Sith, as it turns out, since they plotted, schemed, and played the long game....)

I don't think any of them are planning world domination so much as "Health and prosperity for themselves and immediate family"

As much as has been posted in this very forum and as long as you've been around, you should know better.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #278220 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith

You should know better.

I get that from my mum, my boss, my ex, and more than a few people here - Either I've got a learning difficulty, or that's a cop out call made by pretty much everyone when they disagree with what someone has done/said, but has no interest in explaining their position.

I'll counter your call with my own, and I'll escalate with some formatting :silly:

you should know better.

(on an unrelated, but just as inane note - I do know better, I know people across 4 continents, however many countries, and more backgrounds and languages than I can be bothered tallying - What I do know is that people can rarely agree on the colour of shite, much less personal philosophies.)

The only "force" I believe in is myself, thanks.

On a further unrelated, and increasingly inane note - Gravity doesn't care if you believe in it, it believes in you :D

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #278221 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Sith

Indra Snow wrote:

JamesSand wrote: My (I'm sure likely to be corrected) understanding of it is that they believe in efficient, effective, and direct (Quite unlike movie Sith, as it turns out, since they plotted, schemed, and played the long game....)

I don't think any of them are planning world domination so much as "Health and prosperity for themselves and immediate family"

As much as has been posted in this very forum and as long as you've been around, you should know better.

I don't. Please, do educate me. Maybe a list of Sith with genuine aspirations for world domination? Or perhaps a list of such playing the game of intrigue for the sheer sake of it and in place of action towards progress? Surely, with all of your experience, correcting a silly misconception like this would be trivial, would it not? Then again, maybe information of this sort is a secret of the Sith that mustn't be shared among the likes of us... I'll have those cookies gladly though. :silly:

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi