Sith

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #278525 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith
I studied in-depth each of the Sith communities that were in existence before coming here and starting an account and a few have popped up since then, each one has disappointed me heavily. Perhaps things have changed since then but I have not seen a study on Lifeforce or cultivating such.

In fact I would go so far as to say a study of the force in general is usually frowned upon by most within the Sith community. I've also noticed a lack of study within these groups on the Reptilian Brain & it's possible applications throughout one's daily life, which is sad as there's so much there to explore even from a Sith perspective...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Zenchi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278526 by
Replied by on topic Sith
That's a really good question. The first thing to note is that Sith has different meanings depending on the time frame within any organization that practices Sith philosophy. Force Academy, in particular, seems to change the definition of Sith with each dynasty in charge. The current leader, Khaos, has the viewpoint that a Sith is somebody who recognizes what makes him happy, goes for it, does it, and continues to develop it over time. It is the antithesis of stagnation and resting on laurels.

Another thing to note is that the Sith do not see themselves as the opposite of Jedi. The only place where that might be true is the Sith Academy, which is a group no true Sith Realist would respect. That being said, I can't help but notice many Jedi who refuse to take life by the horns. I think many Jedi use the path as an excuse for escapism. One can find comfort in the meditation halls, in the sermons, in the support. Sith tend to find little value in these as we are interested in using conflict to further us. Happiness really isn't the goal. It's just part of the journey. What we seek is motion. Experience. The essence of what makes life worth living. "Do not go gentle..." and all that.

It would be wrong of me to speak for any other Sith, of course. The path is completely individual to each who walks it. Very little binds us together. The Force does. The Code sometimes does. Other than that, each Sith defines and creates his own life and path. Currently, the Dark Aspect at the Force Academy has a fairly tribal dynamic to it. We chat often and support one another. We challenge each other to be better. We certainly don't coddle or wax abstract philosophical.

For the Jedi, I think this individuality might be a problem. But, in the Sith world, this individuality works very well. We use that conflict to help us all grow. So, it isn't a problem that two Sith don't agree on what it means to be a Sith. In fact, this is a good thing. I think most modern Sith would agree that there is an element of Chaos Theory that goes into our group dynamic now too.

Communism would probably be acceptable to Sith. But, not in the way you might think. I would believe a good Sith would figure out how to rig the system to work for them. But, this would ruin the ideology of Communism. I also don't think Sith are all Capitalist. Personally, and I can't speak for anybody else, I'm fairly primitivist anarchist in my worldview. That's a topic for another thread. The problem with the question is that, for an answer to be made, Sith would have to mean a group of people. But, it doesn't. Sith is a collection of individuals. Each one having their own thoughts on the world.

Perhaps this hasn't answered your question, but it is really the closest to the truth. Sith are not definable by one ideology. But, this gives us strength, it doesn't hinder us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278527 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Zenchi,

You might be interested in Khaos's view on the Force. I don't know if you've seen it. But, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlwZURiIUs

Basically, Khaos says that we are concentrations of the Force, and we are fighting entropy to remain as such concentrations. Like, ice cubes in water. Over time, the cubes melt and they homogenize. There is a study of the Force going on in the current version of the Dark Aspect. In addition, my blog, Sithology, will be dealing with the topic.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278530 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sith
I am aware of his opinions on the subject...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280436 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Full disclosure: Connor/Bagheera was recently removed from the Dark Aspect. He can explain why (maybe... if he can face the truth for a change).

Ta.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280438 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Full disclosure: Connor/Bagheera was recently removed from the Dark Aspect. He can explain why (maybe... if he can face the truth for a change).

Ta.

What does this bring to the discussion? It looks like a standard ad hominem .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280445 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Full disclosure: Connor/Bagheera was recently removed from the Dark Aspect. He can explain why (maybe... if he can face the truth for a change).

Ta.

Yeah,,,,so was he Forcing the Free Hug movement on you lot or what ??

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280458 by
Replied by on topic Sith

Akkarin wrote:

Ta.

What does this bring to the discussion? It looks like a standard ad hominem .

Or, more specifically, poisoning the well .

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280463 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Sith
I probably take more of a hardline against Sith Philosophy.

I would sum it up by saying it is the focus on the individual self even at the detriment of the collective whole. People will try to rationalize evil to the point that it sounds good... because it is (to them) good. Hitler resonated with people (just like Trump) because their message is and was an appeal to SELF serving power. This message inherently is exclusive and so its nature is to exclude others. The gathering of others is only to use them to further one's own agenda. The fact that there are Sith and Dark Jedi in this community is interesting but I suppose natural because without consciousness Jedi are always in danger of being consumed and corrupted by their own power.

Fighting against entropy is a very dangerous rationalization that assumes "the other side" isn't doing the same. The act of motion is motion regardless of intent. If one tries to change the world for good and another for bad (which is good for them) they are both "changing" the world. Neither is being static. But Sith are often confused, just as cancer cells are, because they think that their growth is good for the body. That assumes that the whole of the body wants to mutate into whatever form the cancer would take. But the cancer would never actually finish its form because the body cannot survive the change! The systems of the human body, and all of its wondrous biological engineering, are designed to work together.

That doesn't mean each cell isn't independently working to survive. Each individual cell has identity, but if it uses the organ(ization) only to further it's own agenda it becomes a piece of that organ that it has to carry or sustain... in other words... it draws more resources than it should, creating an imbalance, forcing the other cells in the organ to work harder. The other cells become slaves to the cancer until they cannot sustain both themselves and the cancer. The reason cancer cells lose their identity and become known as cancer is because they separate and isolate themselves from the whole.

Each member of the whole puts in a certain amount of energy and they get back what they put in. If all contributions create a surplus then it allows for more growth. But if there is not enough energy produced to give back in equal measure this creates suffering and entropy and death. So when one part of the whole doesn't care about their own contribution and seeks to get back more than what they put in.... it creates an imbalance that has to be counter-acted by others doing the opposite. And if those members... those "Sith".... grow too many in number it destroys the body. Sith, in too great a number even destroy themselves. That's what created the Rule of 2; the inability for Sith to co-exist.

The idea that everyone is a little sith or has a little sith in them is false doctrine.

Every cell has an individual body, individual life, individual code/dna, and therefore that sense of individuality resonates with higher modality of an individual person. We're born from an individual cell fighting for the right to reproduce. No human is born without this conflict. However, we are also not defined by it. The older we grow, the more our cells divide and multiply and that creates friends and families, tribes and nations. And we, being a collective AND an individual, work to support both our selves and the collective. That is balance.

The space between Jedi and Sith is NOT entropy either. Jedi and Sith ARE opposing extremes. The Jedi merely express the "white blood cell" type values that favor community and growth and life. The Sith express the "cancer" values that favor individuality over and in spite of the needs of others. Harmony and organization are principles the Jedi are drawn too but the concepts are bigger than the Jedi. Being self-sufficient is actually an important part of helping others. Because how can you help me if you're broken? How can a liver cell aid the liver if it is damaged?

So self is a part of every person, including the Jedi. However the difference is that Jedi are not ruled by or addicted to self; which creates the need to have an agenda that is "self-ish". This mindset is "self-important" and "self-righteous", therefore thinking that everyone "needs" them. Claiming that they're enthropic is basically claiming self-importance over the masses as if they're not moving at all. False. They're not moving relative to those who are moving TOO FAST. The whole universe is moving, expanding. The planet earth is moving through space around a sun that is also moving through space; all traveling very quickly. But if you don't feel the speed it is because speed is relative. We're all moving along with the ground we're standing on so the feeling that we are standing still is just a "feeling" and feelings can lie. That's why we seek a clear mind.

A lot of people who "live life fast" also die young because their way of life isn't about... life. The experiences they seek are often detrimental and life-threatening. But it makes them "FEEL" good and so they get addicted to sensory input that gives them a "high" but they are often either uncaring or ignorant of the "COST" that has to be paid. That.... is cancer. And if you watch the news, the people who cause most of the suffering on this planet behave like cancer. And they reproduce themselves because part of their drive is not to be alone even though loneliness is the natural result of their lifestyle.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #280464 by
Replied by on topic Sith
@ZealotX

It would appear your views on the Sith are more related to the cinematic Sith rather than the everyday Sith. We have quite a few around this Temple even. They just have a different code and way of viewing ideas. They are no less a integral part of this community as a result.

Most of the Jedi here are also not just "Pure Jedi", always in the light. Most here catagorize themselves as Grey in most areas.

Below is a quote from a book I feel works well with this point.

(Background, Ashla is the name for the Light Side, Bogun that of the Dark Side)

“A Je’daii needs darkness and light, shadow and illumination, because without the two there can be no balance. Veer to Bogan, and Ashla feels too constraining, too pure; edge toward Ashla, and Bogan becomes a monstrous myth. A Je’daii without balance between both is no Je’daii at all. He, or she, is simply lost.”
― Tim Lebbon, Into the Void
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by . Reason: because I can. >:3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi