Apology

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254323 by
Apology was created by
I am very sorry for starting the 'Have you killed a human' thread. It was pure curiosity and I did not realise that it would upset people or lead to arguments. I am sorry about my comment on Americans, all of you are lovely people here at TotJO, I don't know why I said it and I wish I didn't. Thank you Stu for locking the thread. MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254330 by
Replied by on topic Apology
Thanks for this Silas.

Let's find the lesson here. I hope we can all reflect on the importance of clear and courteous discussion, and apply it in future.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254497 by

Silas Mercury wrote: I am very sorry for starting the 'Have you killed a human' thread. It was pure curiosity and I did not realise that it would upset people or lead to arguments. I am sorry about my comment on Americans, all of you are lovely people here at TotJO, I don't know why I said it and I wish I didn't. Thank you Stu for locking the thread. MTFBWY

Forget it mate, the number of times people have asked that question is crazy ... The young always ask the same question to military, police or close protection officers .. Water under the bridge now...Nothing to see here, move along! :whistle:

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254509 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Apology
i didnt want to post again in the WHAT I APPRECIATE thread, but i appreciate this apology Silas Mercury, a d since i seem so quick to explain why you are wrong about this or that, let me also explain what it is that i appreciate about what youve done here
first of all, i dont really think your question was that big of a deal: distasteful, yes, for those who understand the significance of it, but its actually a pretty common kind of thing to wonder about, especially at younger ages

i believe you asked out of youthful curiosity, not deliberate callousness- and i happen to be a big fan of curiosity, for all ages

what you apology signifies to me is that you arent callous, not really - you do actually care, and you do want to be a part of a community

now, its just the simple truth that youve collected some silly ideas, but we all do that, all of us, and the best cure for it is to become acquanited with new ideas, become like an idea adventurer, and idea pirate, always looking for new plunder lol, and for that you are definitely in the right place

but the place wouldnt matter if you were the kind of person who really didnt care and didnt want to improve

this apology suggests to me that you do, and even though i give you a hard time, i think that you (you, the real person, the one underneath all those ideas) are probably ok, and im glad you are here

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254617 by
You're too sensitive. Let it go it's not a big deal. You're good.

More
7 years 7 months ago #254627 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Apology
Silas Mercury! Thank you for your questions, do not stop. If I had never asked anything I wouldn't have learned nothing! pun intended. The way we ask and the way we learn can be a help or a hindrance depending on us and our choices. Different choices lead to different outcomes. This is called...dahh dahh dah dah!!! LIFE and if your not cautious it can grow fast and out of control like weeds with no tending. Plant different ideas get different opinions. Don't stop friend but do be cautious. Guard yourself and your heart, its yours! You are not over sensitive or over anything. Thank you for being you . The Joys of this place is that we are not me. I am not you and you are not me yet...we are here together trying to make sense and figure out our own ...as some places call our own salvation.... your not alone friend. thanks for being the example of apologies and good form! Lead the way friend, there is a whole Temple behind you , I know I am one! Feel free to pm me any time or just stop by to say hi. Be well and may the Living Force, you know the one that lives in everything...lol continue to be with you Silas Mercury! I know it is...isn't it obvious lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 7 months ago #254639 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Apology
You show maturity and concern with this apology...and there's really nothing to apologize for...innocent curiosity isn't a crime nor a sin. Being a veteran I get asked that question quite often, and when I mention that most of my enlistment was spent on a top secret communications base I then get asked a whole different set of questions :whistle:

It was frustrating when I first got out because by nature i'm a blatantly honest person and here I was contractually obligated to keep quiet...then 3 years into my 7 year nda (non disclosure agreement) i'm watching discovery channel, and they begin discussing the echelon program and take a guided tour through my former base with their cameras...meanwhile all the pics I had taken on base with my friends were confiscated even though I made certain that they didn't show anything important...oh well the memories remain even if the pics don't...and i've rambled off on a tangent now...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 7 months ago #254700 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic Apology
Greetings!
I am not mad at you. :) You are a great person and your actions are in the past. I will not dwell on the fact that you have started an offensive thread, nor will I hold a grudge on you for it. Just remember to learn from your mistakes is all I ask.

Forgiveness is something that is much needed if we are to advance into the next stage(s) of life, whatever that may be. If we are to advance, we need understanding, forgiveness, acceptance, etc. and I believe that you need that right now. So I must now tell you, I forgive you. I understand why you posted that thread, and, as you said, it was a misunderstanding and you didn't intend to upset anyone. I accept your apology fully. :)

There, all three. It feels good, doesn't it?
Do me a favor, alrighty? Pay that good feeling forward buddy, it will go far. :)

Oof

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254702 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Apology
honestly, you should apologize for constantly making disparaging generalizations about white people and american people

promoting bigotry on a forum dedicated to promoting unity and compassion?
yeah, apologize for THAT

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254725 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: honestly, you should apologize for constantly making disparaging generalizations about white people and american people

promoting bigotry on a forum dedicated to promoting unity and compassion?
yeah, apologize for THAT

Maybe I missed something, but isn't that what he did?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi