Apology

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254750 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Apology

Jutus wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: honestly, you should apologize for constantly making disparaging generalizations about white people and american people

promoting bigotry on a forum dedicated to promoting unity and compassion?
yeah, apologize for THAT

Maybe I missed something, but isn't that what he did?

yeah he threw it in there about americans (and qualified it by saying "totjo people are ok" which implies everyone else in america is garbage lol) but he goes on to continue with it in other conversations right after "apologizing" for it here, and he hasnt acknowledged or apologized for the racism at all

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #254813 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic Apology

OB1Shinobi wrote: honestly, you should apologize for constantly making disparaging generalizations about white people and american people

yeah, apologize for THAT

You sound upset. Jedi do not focus on the past, and I think he should be forgiven. Not to say what he did wasn't wrong, It was.
It just bugs me when people shame others.

Also, please refrain from using caps in a forum post, sounds like you are yelling and I dont like loud noises. :(

Oof

More
7 years 7 months ago #254815 by sNe1a

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Jutus wrote:

yeah, apologize for THAT

yeah he threw it in there about americans (and qualified it by saying "totjo people are ok" which implies everyone else in america is garbage lol) but he goes on to continue with it in other conversations right after "apologizing" for it here, and he hasnt acknowledged or apologized for the racism at all

He did apologize apologize for his comment on americans:

Silas Mercury wrote: I am very sorry for starting the 'Have you killed a human' thread. It was pure curiosity and I did not realise that it would upset people or lead to arguments. I am sorry about my comment on Americans, all of you are lovely people here at TotJO, I don't know why I said it and I wish I didn't. Thank you Stu for locking the thread. MTFBWY

"I am sorry about my comment on Americans, all of you are lovely people here at TotJO, I don't know why I said it and I wish I didn't."

He did apologize.

Oof

More
7 years 7 months ago #254818 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Apology

sNe1a wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Jutus wrote:

yeah, apologize for THAT

He did apologize apologize for his comment on americans:

Silas Mercury wrote: I am very sorry for starting the 'Have you killed a human' thread. It was pure curiosity and I did not realise that it would upset people or lead to arguments. I am sorry about my comment on Americans, all of you are lovely people here at TotJO, I don't know why I said it and I wish I didn't. Thank you Stu for locking the thread. MTFBWY

"I am sorry about my comment on Americans, all of you are lovely people here at TotJO, I don't know why I said it and I wish I didn't."

He did apologize.

He sure did, he then continued ranting on the United States, its Government, and lumping everyone together blaming us for what happened in WW2 and a host of other fun facts he got wrong...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 7 months ago #254819 by sNe1a
Hadnt seen that. I will talk to him.

Oof

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254820 by OB1Shinobi

sNe1a wrote:

yeah, apologize for THAT

You sound upset. Jedi do not focus on the past, and I think he should be forgiven. Not to say what he did wasn't wrong, It was.
It just bugs me when people shame others.

Also, please refrain from using caps in a forum post, sounds like you are yelling and I dont like loud noises. :(

are you joking?
is this a joke account?

sNe1a wrote: You sound upset.

you have no idea what i sound like because you cant hear me - you do realize that you cannot hear my text, right?

sNe1a wrote: Jedi do not focus on the past, and I think he should be forgiven.

i wrote this comment in the past, why you focusing on it now?
and why should i care what you think?

sNe1a wrote: Not to say what he did wasn't wrong, It was.

then we should point it out like grown ups
grown ups do in fact point it out when things malfunction - thats one of the prerequisites of being a grown up: recognizing when things are not working the way they should and correcting them

sNe1a wrote: It just bugs me when people shame others.

first of all, people should be ashamed when they do things that are destructive and immature
second, i wasnt shaming him
last, and most important to your life, NO ONE CARES WHAT BUGS YOU :-)

im guessing everything bugs you, which means that what bugs you is a personal issue

and you dont have any right to run around telling everyone else to change their every little behavior at every one of your little irritations

reality is never going to conform to your demands, if you want to make a way for yourself, learn to recognize reality for what it is and prepare yourself to survive it

sNe1a wrote: Also, please refrain from using caps in a forum post, sounds like you are yelling and I dont like loud noises. :(

THATS CUTE, YOU STILL THINK YOU CAN HEAR ME LOL

the wind is loud, thunder is loud, destruction is loud, are you going to argue with them?

you dont make the rules

and its a good thing because the rules youre trying to make are bad rules

theyre all about not hurting your tiny little feelings, and the universe will crush you without ever knowing how you feel

you need to prepare yourself to face the truth of your own mortality and frailty in a world that doesnt care about you, and is in fact full of forces which are actively seeking to destroy you

People are complicated.

More
7 years 7 months ago #254822 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Apology

OB1Shinobi wrote: Stuff

Might I point out if we are going to speak on acting like adults, it helps to act like one yourself? It helps to not come off as a snarky preteen rather then an adult pointing out a legit issue. Because on your issue you are right. However the way you responded to someone is totally more in line with a sarcastic teenagers response then that of the adult you told us to act like. The kid didnt realize that more had been said and was trying to point out that he thought apologies had already been given. Not his fault that he didnt know that more had gone on. If you want an example of how to correct that lack of knowledge see Zenchi's response to the same thing. Give the guy a break he was trying to call for decency and peace, which is something that more people should try around here rather then getting so defensive when things are likely misunderstandings.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, OB1Shinobi, Tellahane

More
7 years 7 months ago #254823 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Apology
Perhaps we should all take a step back from this thread for a bit...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, J_Roz

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254824 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Apology
Yay!

Teach me to eat food and look away from the forum for a second. :P

Let's take Edan's advice and take a break from this thread for a day.

Judging by the forum clock. We can start again (if the topic is still relevant) at 31 August 2016 @ 23:00 UTC

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, J_Roz, Kobos, sNe1a

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254830 by OB1Shinobi

MadHatter wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Stuff

Might I point out if we are going to speak on acting like adults, it helps to act like one yourself? It helps to not come off as a snarky preteen rather then an adult pointing out a legit issue. Because on your issue you are right. However the way you responded to someone is totally more in line with a sarcastic teenagers response then that of the adult you told us to act like.
The kid didnt realize that more had been said and was trying to point out that he thought apologies had already been given. Not his fault that he didnt know that more had gone on. If you want an example of how to correct that lack of knowledge see Zenchi's response to the same thing. Give the guy a break he was trying to call for decency and peace, which is something that more people should try around here rather then getting so defensive when things are likely misunderstandings.

i took your feedback as a cue that i should be more restrained in my own responses - and thank you for pointing it out to me

i will mention that i didnt tell YOU or the rest of "us"to act like adults - actually i didnt even tell him to act like an adult, and id say that i responded to him about as well as anyone has a right to expect to be responded to (even here) when they jump into a situation that they dont understand at all, and start making totally inappropriate critiques of someone they have never spoken with previously

ive been chugging coffee in front of a computer all day, so i may very well have come across as snarky - that does happen, ive noticed, when i have too much caffeine and too much screen time, they seem to work together

so when i saw your post to me, i hit THANK YOU in acknowledgement of what you said and then went back to my work - i think that was the adult thing to do

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi