Public
7 years 8 months ago #254987 by
Replied by on topic Apology
He got banned ?? Why ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254992 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Apology
I guess he said something, Jestor deleted it and warned him, then he returned to say it in Japanese, so Jestor banned him.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254994 by
What did he say ?? And, what Jestor says, goes. I respect his authority if I respect anyones.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254997 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Apology
I wasn't in when he said it. I'm not sure.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255010 by

Silas Mercury wrote: What did he say ?? And, what Jestor says, goes. I respect his authority if I respect anyones.

I wouldn't push too hard on it. If it was worth getting banned over, and if it was deleted by a moderator, it doesn't sound like something we necessarily need to know.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255014 by

JamesSand wrote: As for Sne1a - No one wants to offend you on a personal level as far as I can understand - You can have whatever name, gender identity, or anything else you want - but to demand everyone else be aware of and make amendments to their behaviour to suit is as oppressive as them dictating your behaviour and preferences to you.

All this can be summed up in one of my Father's essential life lessons "Drive like everyone on the road is trying to kill you"

I certainly do not intend to create any animosity with this, but I think it is fair to point out that we are not "on the road". We are in a Temple. Being so, there is an expectation of certain behavior. One such expectation of a Jedi is to treat others with here, whether we agree with them or not.

Is there a need to have a tough skin sometimes? Yes.

9. Jedi have integrity. We are authentic to what we believe and are open, honest and true to our purpose and our minds. We remove all masks to reveal ourselves as courageous and noble of heart. We do not hide from fear of damage to our image because we know that our image cannot be blemished from the words and actions of others.

However...

13. Jedi cultivate empathy. We try to view things from another’s perspective making us sensitive listeners. We provide the confidence people need when talking through their difficulties and we share our learning with those who would benefit. We do this to help create a more harmonious society.

Addressing someone by the pronoun they have respectfully requested we use for them should not be seen as a demand, but rather an opportunity to treat someone with the respect we all should hope to receive while we are here. This is a Temple, after all.

More
7 years 8 months ago #255028 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic Apology

Senan wrote: Stuff

Thanks, Senan. I couldn't agree more with what you said.

I really do appreciate it.

Oof
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 8 months ago #255050 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Apology

Silas Mercury wrote: Don't argue. I was apologising. Maybe I'll take a break from posting on the forum. Maybe not. I'm sorry everyone or the commotion I have caused. Murasaki and I. I am sorry on his behalf too, because whilst he is my friend he is stubborn.

what does it mean to be someones friend?

People are complicated.

More
7 years 8 months ago #255054 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Apology

JamesSand wrote: I was going to PM Ob1Shinobi, but I'll post it here. (I have not quite justified in my head why yet)

- I like most of what you have said here. Some was snarky, and short, and a little heartless, and I believe that was the lesson you intended to give.

Life is a nasty place, and you can't expect it to be nice to you and respect your self imposed boundaries or definitions just "because"

You can't create rules for the universe to jump through to please you (well, you can, with enough money. I believe the late Prince paid his "people" to go into a room before he did and make sure there was no one there he would find displeasing, and to ensure they all said things he'd like)
But, none of you are Prince, and that's not really "being in" the world you're in...

I think Silas has many things to learn and develop as he matures and becomes whatever sort of person he wants to be, but there's not a "time" when you "click" from learning to being - so take the hits as they come (FYI Silas- I had no problem with you asking the question, but my thoughts in that thread are in that thread, so I won't repeat them)

As for Sne1a - No one wants to offend you on a personal level as far as I can understand - You can have whatever name, gender identity, or anything else you want - but to demand everyone else be aware of and make amendments to their behaviour to suit is as oppressive as them dictating your behaviour and preferences to you.

All this can be summed up in one of my Father's essential life lessons "Drive like everyone on the road is trying to kill you"

thanks, i appreciate you saying this

fair warning; i offend some people pretty regularly, and you might not be making any friends to appear to be "on my side" lol

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255063 by
Ha, yeah, OB1, Jestor groups you, me, Gisteron, Ryder and Khaos as 'Rebels' lol !!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi