Developing tk/pk

More
7 years 7 months ago #257072 by Lykeios Little Raven

Rickie wrote: Go back to your dark place where you can feel superior.

This attitude disturbs me.

Are we so weak and insecure that we cannot handle a healthy questioning of certain topics? Is this the kind of place where we ask those who don't always agree with us to leave?

TK/PK is a very dubious "ability". There is, to my knowledge, no evidence that any such abilities exist (outside of anecdotal evidence or hearsay).

Also, I've never felt that either Khaos or Gisteron act superior to others. They are both rational and intelligent people who are not afraid to share their views on a subject. I don't believe I've seen either one of them being outright disrespectful to anyone. They have as much right to be here as anyone does.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257075 by
Replied by on topic Developing tk/pk
You don't know the whole story, Lyk.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257087 by

Connor L. wrote: You don't know the whole story, Lyk.

Oh really? Well by all means, enlighten us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257088 by
Not my place.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257089 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Connor L. wrote: You don't know the whole story, Lyk.

Oh really? Well by all means, enlighten us.

At best I can only surmise it's because of Rickies time spent at the F.A. to attempt to explore the Dark/Sith path.

Of which I am head of, so we have been having interactions that apparently have become personal for him.

In that he has brought it to another site and topic, and let his feelings run rampant, as to where I have not.

Not only boring, but irrelevant.

So, not nearly as dramatic as Connor would like to tease.

I cannot speak to a feeling of superiority,but it seems in this case I have exerted at least a modicum of self-control, and objectivity.

That, will be my last words on this. For those curious, go to the F.A. but I think, overall, you will be disappointed.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257096 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Developing tk/pk

sNe1a wrote: I have LOTS to contribute on this very fascinating subject.

What's stopping you? :)

Psychokinesis is an umbrella term for many many types of mind influence abilities.

Not according to either of these sources it isn't...
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/psychokinesis
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/psychokinesis

We all have this ability and we all can develop it.

I don't and can't. Any evidence there is anyone else who can or did?

All it takes is time, practice, patience and simply believing that you can do it.

Achieving Nirvana takes many of the same ingredients. In fact, literally every skill there is takes time, practice, and patience to develop. Belief is the only thing required to do any and every magical thing as well as to go to any and every magical place. But I said all I needed about required beliefs earlier up this thread, so let's for the fun of it focus on something else. Let's say practice. What kind of practice? How is it that there is only one type of electrical engineering you can go to class for and become proficient at, but the documented paths to psychokinesis are as numerous as the sharlatans that want to sell books about theirs and none of them get you any closer to actual magical powers?

Telekinesis: The ability to manipulate physical matter.
I don't yet have much on this subject (although I do practice it.) but this video tutorial is very good and trustworthy.

From what I know, Ryder came back after I challenged him to try putting a bowl over the object, and reported that he could not reproduce his former results. This video is older than that, of course, and whether the author still agrees with what he had said back then does not necessarily matter, but if you care to reiterate any of the points he made, I'll be happy to discuss any and all of them. ;)

Datakinesis - The ability to manipulate virtual data.
http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-tests/telekinesis-test.php
Move this meter in any direction. When it moves in one direction focus on it moving in that direction. Basically, that is what Datakinesis is. Probably the most easy type of PK there is. I often practice this one as well.

I'm by no means a statistician. I only had one formal class on probability theory and mathematical statistics so far. But setting aside that everyone does not have the same processor and that CPU-based random number generators aren't actually random and that you'd have to run hundreds of tests and a comparably large control group to get anything like a reliable result that would still need to fall out of the statistically expected in order to have any significance, if you want to talk about an idealized model of this, about the purely mathematical truths playing into results from experiments of this kind, we can. Just say so. ;)
FYI I ran the experiment and went away to brush my teeth and make myself some tea and came back with a difference of -96. Another try was -94. The highest positive number I got was 38, so it would seem my CPU (an AMD FX-8350) has a natural bias to produce "0"s under the script on that website. All of the results are of course well within the standard deviation, but seeing as I did nothing to influence them, I might suspect my computer is psychic all by itself. :silly:

Geokinesis - The ability to manipulate earth matter, such as stone, dirt, etc.
I'm not this far yet, so I cannot provide this much info... :(

Not even info about anyone else who is? :(

Organic Telekinesis - The ability to manipulate organic matter.

Aerokinesis - The ability to manipulate the air around you and/or the weather.

Pyrokinesis - The ability to manipulate fire or a flame.

Hydrokinesis - The ability to manipulate water.

Omnikinesis - The ability to manipulate anything and everything.

So, in summary, one item where you "don't yet have much on the subject" except an outdated video, one item that seems to produce the same results whether anyone is 'doing something' or not, one item you have not come "this far yet" and five items you only gave names for, three of which combined with Geokinesis sound an awful lot like the bending arts from Avatar , except they are real, in your opinion...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gisteron.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #257111 by

Khaos wrote: So, not nearly as dramatic as Connor would like to tease.

:huh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257117 by

"That, will be my last words on this. For those curious, go to the F.A. but I think, overall, you will be disappointed.

Good idea. Come on over and determine for yourself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257123 by

Connor L. wrote:

Khaos wrote: So, not nearly as dramatic as Connor would like to tease.

:huh:

Dont play dumb.

The fact that you brought up "Not knowing the whole story" and then following it with "Not your place to tell" when people ask for it.

Come on, your not that dense Connor.

That is just the type of crap people play to incite gossip, drama, and spread nonsense.

In any case, it should not have are it to this website or thread.

Regardless of the story.

I have to keep reminding myself that I am indeed dealing with adults.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #257124 by

Rickie wrote:

"That, will be my last words on this. For those curious, go to the F.A. but I think, overall, you will be disappointed.

Good idea. Come on over and determine for yourself.

No thanks. Your attitude in this thread combined with Khaos' incredibly more mature responses tells me all I need to know.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi