Fasting

More
6 years 1 month ago #317855 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Fasting
Fasting is nothing more than the intentional abstinence from a certain thing. It doesn't have to be food. You could fast from reading, or from jogging, or from gossiping, or from anything, really. It's a very useful tool.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336437 by
Replied by on topic Fasting
Usually I do 18 hours, my maximum until today was 32 hours, consuming only water at this time.
Congratulations, I'll try 48 hours.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336533 by
I do intermittent fasting myself on a daily basis; it's actually OMAD (one meal a day), and I use it to exercise control of myself - a lot of my life I've been really impulsive, so it's a good thing for me. About once a month or so I'll do a 72 hour fast and only have water in that time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336604 by
Oo good for you but please be mindful of your body and its health x

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336613 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Fasting
I myself, have fasted 40 days and 40 nights during my “Abrahamic” days. You would be surprised st what is brought into light during times like that.
Edit : do take the nessesary precautions when fasting for any number of days. Veg out before or drink water during if applicable. The last thing we ever want is Jedi laying all over the floor lol jk. Be smart ! Be wise.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336623 by
Not only is fasting for 40 days dangerous its I'll advised to even suggest trying as death can occur at around 45 to 60 days and refeeding syndrome can also result. It is not something to be taken lightly or as an accepted spiritual practice.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336624 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Fasting

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Not only is fasting for 40 days dangerous its I'll advised to even suggest trying as death can occur at around 45 to 60 days and refeeding syndrome can also result. It is not something to be taken lightly or as an accepted spiritual practice.

Very true on the cautious part. Each of us has our own paths and our own ways and our own abilities. It’s not for everybody. Many different cultures have many similar ways. Thanks for your word of caution- it is that important to take heed and be wise before fasting too long. I say always ask your local pastor and get someone’s advice.
Edit : difrent type of sacrifice s come ...,a bit more heavy than some and results WILL vary almost always !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336728 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Fasting
I've been fasting for over a decade by way of elimination diets to get closer to what foods aggravate my system compared to what foods don't. Not by choice mind you! And I've long gotten to the point of worrying I was going to run out of things to eliminate :D
But the process informs one of ones health in new ways so its worth it for that alone to me. The main reason is because I've seen a few people get seriously sick by what they eat and getting better by changing it.... me included. Unfortunately this often happens later in life so people don't realize until the damage is done. The gut biota's role is only a newish area in science.

I had a stick of fat sausage the other day, wow. Hadn't had one of those in over 10 years and it was interesting to feel what felt like 'dirty energy' from it. I think most folk would keel over on from the thought of my diet.... and the human body loves living off fat and sugar, but its not required at the huge amounts most people eat IMO. The only downside (once past the dependence withdrawal) that I've noticed long term is my energy reserves drop more noticeable with infection... but that is a good sign anyway. No loss of muscle mass etc, and the body learns to use its energy more efficiently so I still can work for long stints doing physical labor ok. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a starvation diet but hunger becomes normal. If I was trying to put on muscle mass I would have to adjust because the efforts to grow shouldn't be at the cost of maintenance of the rest of the body.

It depends on the goal I guess, for me a baseline goal is longevity.... but there is only so much diet can do in that regard anyway.

So I'd say fasting gets one closer to the healthy operation of their body by temporarily breaking the unhealthy eating. To me eating for energy as if the body is a machine is the wrong way to go about it. Often inflammation of the gut can develop when a person only eats one type of food, so variety is a good thing to keep in mind and I suppose regular fasting mixes it up in that regard as well.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #336991 by Garwa Mayharr
Replied by Garwa Mayharr on topic Fasting
I used fasting to help me break though some weight lost plateaus. Most people need to ask themselves what are they fasting for.. If for religious purpose, longer periods of fasting are fine. If you are in the middle of your cut, then it is suggested to fast for a 8-24 hour period. When intermittent fasting I found that the 16/8 method gave the most benefit to me, I would also workout at the end of my fast to receive the max benefit from it.

One of the cons with fasting is that it can lead to benign eating. While on the other side it can help improve insulin sensitive. The one beef I have with feasting diets is the fact that it is a diet. Which mean it's temporary. If you are using a diet to lose weight you will have to stick with it to keep the weight off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi