Sword Training

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292928 by
Replied by on topic Sword Training
I'm taking suggestions for pommel and guard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292931 by

JLSpinner wrote: I'm taking suggestions for pommel and guard.

Really depends. You want to make them yourself, or do you want to buy and install from a saber manufacturer? If the latter, the Adaptive Saber Parts (Saberforge's ASP) system is excellent, but you must ensure the threading is correct (actually, this can be said for all options, but ASP and my next offer have different sized threads, so you'll have to choose). My other option is the Modular Hilt System (Custom Saber Shop's MHS). Both are excellent choices, but I do find the latter more open with the specs, so it may be easier to learn of the correct threading size you need to make.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292938 by
I'm doing a hardware store build for a diy video

More
6 years 9 months ago #292939 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Sword Training
We really need that separate board to break these all into separate threads.

Licensed Clergy Person

More
6 years 9 months ago #292940 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sword Training

Nakis wrote: We really need that separate board to break these all into separate threads.

If it's not already in the works I'm sure it soon will be. They may be waiting to gauge interest. Give it time, gives us an opportunity to figure out what all should be included in the initial set up anyways...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis

More
6 years 9 months ago #292941 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Sword Training
Oh aye, just commenting that the thread has mutated three or four times already. :)

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292942 by

Nakis wrote: Oh aye, just commenting that the thread has mutated three or four times already. :)

I attribute that to the demand for such a forum. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292944 by
I'll see if I can get an update.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292990 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sword Training
The request has been posted in Council a coupla days ago I think, and this thread linked. A concern already rasied is the forum is getting too big, and unwieldy at this rate. Do we need it.. is the interest sufficient to incur the risk of making the forum directory too busy?

I personally don't think its there yet, so dont see it as a problem. But I see forum directories as more like what site plans used to be, not really meant to be perused unless your lost... better to use the site design to direct users to relevant areas, but lets be honest this site is mostly a forum dressed with some articles :pinch:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Adder. Reason: wrong word
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292992 by

Adder wrote: The request has been posted in Council a coupla days ago I think, and this thread linked. A concern already rasied is the forum is getting too big, and unwieldy at this rate. Do we need it.. is the interest sufficient to incur the risk of making the forum landing directory too busy?

I personally don't think its there yet, so dont see it as a problem. But I see forum directories as more like what site plans used to be, not really meant to be perused unless your lost... better to use the site design to direct users to relevant areas, but lets be honest this site is mostly a forum dressed with some articles :pinch:

Jediism is supposed to pertain to the balance of mind, body, and spirit. We have education for our mind. We have clergy to take care of our spiritual health. For our physical health all we have is a chaotic and bloated thread with no structure or consistency. We would like a couple subgroups to help organize for fitness journals and how to guides for varying fitness avenues. Is this something that we really want to drag our feet on? We have created many pages just talking about ideas and it's only been a couple of days. I understand not wanting the site to become too large. I do. But should we avoid growth in the face of these fears? Is physical health not worth growing for? How many users do we need to make this happen?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi