Public
6 years 9 months ago #292792 by
Replied by on topic Sword Training
Fiberglass dowel is my preference

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292796 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Sword Training
I'm just going to list the weapons I have, so if anyone wants to expand on information, I can. This would be a departure greatly from lightsabers shaped weapons, but if someone is interested, I can assist.

80" greatsword, 60" greatsword, 48" longsword (2), 6' carbon fiber glaive (yari), 8' spear, 8' heavy glaive, bow/arrows, 33" heavy blade short sword, 31" short sword (2), 32" bat (omni-blade) (3), 15" daggers (2), Thrust only dagger, Heavy Flail, Javelins (3), bucklers, small round punch shields, a 33" round punch shield, large strap kite shield, tarzan strap heater shield with straps, tarzan strap teardrop shield with straps.

And materials to make more. Lengths are important because weapons have to fit the person's body and fighting style, which is why I have so many different lengths of weapons. They are tools, and each one has a use. If people become interested in learning armouring and the like, I also have 2 butted chainmail shirts, SCA grade hem, leather helm, and one full SCA grade plastic armour set along with 1 rattan stick and 1 SCA grade shield. I also do leatherwork, so if people are interested in getting videos on how to do that, it can be done as well. For fun and for armour.

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292799 by Nakis
Attached is the weapon core chart.

For awareness, this is a something that gets passed around the Dagorhir/Belegarth community, I did not make it.

Licensed Clergy Person
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Nakis. Reason: Removing big photo.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292905 by
That's pretty useful! I'm going to regret this but I want to make a curved hilt for my self build saber. It'll help with my Makashi until I can save up the $260 for the one I want for dueling.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292908 by

JLSpinner wrote: That's pretty useful! I'm going to regret this but I want to make a curved hilt for my self build saber. It'll help with my Makashi until I can save up the $260 for the one I want for dueling.

Regret it? Why? Curved hilts are amazing (and ideal for Makashi tbh. ;) ) Would love to see the process of how you build it tho!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292916 by

Arisaig wrote:

JLSpinner wrote: That's pretty useful! I'm going to regret this but I want to make a curved hilt for my self build saber. It'll help with my Makashi until I can save up the $260 for the one I want for dueling.

Regret it? Why? Curved hilts are amazing (and ideal for Makashi tbh. ;) ) Would love to see the process of how you build it tho!

That's the tricky part. I'm thinking about a low angle steel pipe elbow with double male threaded ends.

More
6 years 9 months ago #292922 by Nakis
Why not get a pipe bender? (Or use on in the store if they let you)

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292925 by

Nakis wrote: Why not get a pipe bender? (Or use on in the store if they let you)

If necessary I am willing. It's on my list of options haha. I have a piece of steel now that could work but it's not threaded and threads would be helpful.

More
6 years 9 months ago #292926 by Nakis
You can also get a pipe threader! :) Or, borrow someone's.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292927 by
Haha is suppose. I want to see what size feels good in my hand as well.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi