Yoga Camp

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #250965 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Yoga Camp
Yoga Camp - Day 1 - 'I Accept'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJW1Kd4zik&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC&index=2

Post how it goes :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yugen, Leah Starspectre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #251031 by Edan
So, I did the video today... Tougher than I remember just being on all fours, but still pretty good.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251034 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Yoga Camp
Finding it hard to find space to do this...I'll have to try doing it in the living room instead of in my room I guess. Though that might be hard because other people use that room. I'll figure something out though.

Very pleasant start to the thirty days :) Though I'm noticing that several of my muscles seem to be twitching after the exercises. I think I need to do this more often, haha.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
7 years 8 months ago #251059 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Yoga Camp
Well, I enjoyed that way more than I expected. I've never been a fan of yoga. I found classes to be competitive, and most video I found were also quite challenging for beginners. But this was really simple, which was GREAT for my out-of-shape body. It barely felt like 30 minutes! :)

I was happy to see that my posture remains good, though I'm tighter than I remember. And my wrists start to hurt pretty quickly. :P

All in all, though, I think I will really enjoy this "Camp," so thanks Edan for proposing and facilitating it! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251060 by
Replied by on topic Yoga Camp
Just finished a few moments ago. Loved it!

It was very hard for me, for some reason. My wrists felt like they'd give out, may have to look up her wrist video.

Felt much calmer afterwards, a bit sore, minor shakiness in my arms... but good!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251101 by Edan
Yoga Camp - Day 2 - 'I Create'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRk-WE9PU3Q&index=3&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Edan.

More
7 years 8 months ago #251121 by Leah Starspectre
NOPE

Today's class reminded me why I dislike yoga: the poses. I can do most of them, but due to my body weight (which is not insignificant) or lack of muscular strength, or both, I can't hold them worth crap.

As soon as the poses started, I was dropping out of them and struggling even with the most basic versions. And some I couldn't do at all. It's only the second class.

I actually started to cry in frustration. I didn't stop the class, but it's hard to breathe properly when you're sobbing...At it served to do was remind me of my weakness, and as a person that focuses on her strengths, that hurts me deeply.

I'm going to keep going though. I made a commitment and I plan on keeping it.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 8 months ago #251123 by Edan
I found today's class tough.. I have zero flexibility so I was falling over all over the place.

Hey Leah,

Seriously ... don't worry....do what you can do, don't do what you can't do. This 30 days isn't a competition, and everyone starts from a different place. Everyone will be different when they begin. Sometimes I get fed up and just sit cross legged while I watch Adrien do something I know I can't.. but then I pick it up when I can do something. Not being able to do a yoga move isn't a weakness.. we're all working here to get better.. and you will get better :) Stay strong, we're all here with you :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leah Starspectre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251131 by
Replied by on topic Yoga Camp

Leah Starspectre wrote: I'm going to keep going though. I made a commitment and I plan on keeping it.

Leah, I just wanted to say, thank you for being so honest with all of us, and yourself! Today's lesson was rough on me as well. How quickly I was reminded of bodily imperfections, extra weight in the wrong places, and so many other things.

I made it through, but not without some struggle and worrying about everything with my body all the way to life and death. Whew, relaxing meditation? Where?!

But, like you, I made it through and feel happy that I did. One day at a time, and even if we miss some or have to sit out of some moves we can't do, we can all do it. :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #251137 by Leah Starspectre
Thanks guys, it does help to know that I'm not the only one struggling. I guess easy to be hard on yourself when you're watching someone doing it effortlessly. I'm glad we're in this together. :)

I've also been doing 5 minutes of meditation after the class, just to try to centre myself after all that self-doubt. :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi