SITH?

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 12:12 #96210 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic SITH?

Xon-Tay Lor wrote: Well it seems pretty obvious to me that the Abrahamic religions are bent on obtaining power, so I'm not sure why you would forgive them.


I am eastern orthodox, which is abrahamic

and it has nothing to do with obtaining power

and this proves you know nothing about orthodoxy

and don't you dare say that orthodoxy is a minority

it is the second highest subscription of christianity

and you just misinterpreted every single orthodox christian's beliefs



I am sorry if I sound angry, but let me make my point

western christianity is responsible for hypocritical views and horrible violence

both of which have no connection to orthodoxy

but since orthodoxy is christianity

it gets enveloped in judgement

ironically, atheists call christianity out for being judgemental

yet as an orthodox christian, I have been judged for being christian

I guess you could say I am dissapointed, I just hoped that nobody in TOTJO was this freaking ignorant and plain stupid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Xon-Tay Lor
  • Xon-Tay Lor's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 12:23 #96211 by Xon-Tay Lor
Replied by Xon-Tay Lor on topic SITH?
I don't know a lot about eastern orthodox Christianity, but I seriously doubt that it has nothing to do with obtaining power. Didn't it play a similar role as the Catholic church in eastern Europe for many centuries, and wasn't it the religious authority of the Russian empire? Perhaps you are letting your allegiance to this religion cloud your judgement a bit?

This isn't just a problem of the Abrahamic religions; all religions have some interest in power almost by definition, but the Abrahamic ones seem to have been particular good at getting it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 12:24 #96212 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic SITH?
One person's opinion is just that, one opinion...

We will all agree and disagree... if we didn't there would only be one person running the show... a state of affairs in which we get their best and worse...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 13:15 #96219 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic SITH?

suliskveteba wrote: I guess you could say I am dissapointed, I just hoped that nobody in TOTJO was this freaking ignorant and plain stupid


Well, I dont know why you wouldnt... lol...

Please refrain from insinuation of name calling...;)

People have many beliefs, and as Xon has shown, speak without being fully informed sometimes...

No offence Xon, I have as well... Speaking of what I understand, and later finding out there is more to know...

So, how does your orthodoxy feel about being judgmental? It seems the comment I highlighted is a bit judgmental...:)

We have not said anything about your belief in the other thread...

Just becasue we dont agree with you, doesnt make you "freaking ignorant and plain stupid"...

:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: suliskveteba

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 21:59 - 01 Mar 2013 22:02 #96323 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic SITH?

Xon-Tay Lor wrote: I don't know a lot about eastern orthodox Christianity, but I seriously doubt that it has nothing to do with obtaining power. Didn't it play a similar role as the Catholic church in eastern Europe for many centuries, and wasn't it the religious authority of the Russian empire? Perhaps you are letting your allegiance to this religion cloud your judgement a bit?

This isn't just a problem of the Abrahamic religions; all religions have some interest in power almost by definition, but the Abrahamic ones seem to have been particular good at getting it.


that was ROCOR with the russian empire

or ROAC

they excommunicated themselves before any action was taken and repented before they realligned

and they didn't play a similar role, at all.

they didn't participate in the crusades ( except for the caucasian conflict, but that was due to self defense and had basically nothing to do with the primary cause of the war)


and it doesn't have anything to do with obtaining power, it's about recgonising power
Last edit: 01 Mar 2013 22:02 by suliskveteba.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 22:00 #96324 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic SITH?

Jestor wrote:

suliskveteba wrote: I guess you could say I am dissapointed, I just hoped that nobody in TOTJO was this freaking ignorant and plain stupid


Well, I dont know why you wouldnt... lol...

Please refrain from insinuation of name calling...;)

People have many beliefs, and as Xon has shown, speak without being fully informed sometimes...

No offence Xon, I have as well... Speaking of what I understand, and later finding out there is more to know...

So, how does your orthodoxy feel about being judgmental? It seems the comment I highlighted is a bit judgmental...:)

We have not said anything about your belief in the other thread...

Just becasue we dont agree with you, doesnt make you "freaking ignorant and plain stupid"...

:)



oh the orthodox church would probably not be pleased with the way I acted.

but I am just annoyed at how often this happens

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 22:05 #96327 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic SITH?
What, confusion?

Misinformation?

Stubbornness?

Irritation?

Come on man, you new to the planet?

Lol, just teasing...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: suliskveteba

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 22:07 #96328 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic SITH?

Jestor wrote:

suliskveteba wrote: I guess you could say I am dissapointed, I just hoped that nobody in TOTJO was this freaking ignorant and plain stupid


Well, I dont know why you wouldnt... lol...

Please refrain from insinuation of name calling...;)

People have many beliefs, and as Xon has shown, speak without being fully informed sometimes...

No offence Xon, I have as well... Speaking of what I understand, and later finding out there is more to know...

So, how does your orthodoxy feel about being judgmental? It seems the comment I highlighted is a bit judgmental...:)

We have not said anything about your belief in the other thread...

Just becasue we dont agree with you, doesnt make you "freaking ignorant and plain stupid"...

:)



also I don't mind if you don't know about orthodoxy

even though it is larger than protestantism

it is not nearly as loud and obnoxious


so I do understand if you don't know

so if you don't, ask me or look up Yusef Al Tahir, he's great at explaining orthodoxy.


this is why I got angry a while back, instead of asking like people should

they made unmeditated assumptions and treated them like facts

exactly like Xon has done.


I am perfectly able to explain the differences between Western christianity and Eastern Orthodoxy

they are more different than you could imagine



instead Xon could have said this:


from my experience Abrahamic religions seem to be involved with obtaining power



if he did, then I wouldn't have gotten angry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 22:10 #96329 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic SITH?

Jestor wrote: What, confusion?

Misinformation?

Stubbornness?

Irritation?

Come on man, you new to the planet?

Lol, just teasing...:)


yeah, LOL


but my point still stands

not only did he make an assumption

he continued it without research like he did and even expanded on it.

I doubt Xon plays it.

but this is why I hate Assassin's Creed

I am not joking

I hate that game.

and most things that have a similar thought structure

that birth opinions as such

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • suliskveteba
  • suliskveteba's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Mar 2013 22:11 #96330 by suliskveteba
Replied by suliskveteba on topic SITH?

Xon-Tay Lor wrote: I don't know a lot about eastern orthodox Christianity, but I seriously doubt that it has nothing to do with obtaining power. Didn't it play a similar role as the Catholic church in eastern Europe for many centuries, and wasn't it the religious authority of the Russian empire? Perhaps you are letting your allegiance to this religion cloud your judgement a bit?

This isn't just a problem of the Abrahamic religions; all religions have some interest in power almost by definition, but the Abrahamic ones seem to have been particular good at getting it.


another point

with the russian empire, the orthodox church actually fought oppression

father Gapon?

Alaska?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero