SITH?

More
01 Feb 2013 10:09 #92479 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic SITH?

Layla wrote: Do you call accusation when someone doesn't agree with you and your point of views? I simple pointed out where and why I don't agree with them.


You'll have to forgive my "pale ignorance" and "narrow sight" :S

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Williamkaede
  • Williamkaede's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Feb 2013 10:41 #92480 by Williamkaede
Replied by Williamkaede on topic SITH?
If Layla was more versed in her serpentine scientific names, she'd know who she was talking to. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Akkarin
  • Akkarin's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Feb 2013 10:50 #92481 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic SITH?
If you want to prevent people misunderstanding you, as seems to have happened here, then I suggest you respond to each point they make by using the 'quote' bbcode function

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Layla
  • Layla's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Feb 2013 11:09 - 01 Feb 2013 11:14 #92484 by Layla
Replied by Layla on topic SITH?
Adder : I'm not your pastor to forgive you, simple it doesn't matter for me.

Williamkaede: I really don't give a damn who I am talking to when it comes to speak my mind and point out what I'm not agree with and not scared to stand up for it no matter who I have to face. :)

Akkarin: I don't know who you were address your comment but if it was to me then i can say its not my fault if I explain something as simple as its possible but ppl don't get it just for the reason of ignorance.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2013 11:14 by Layla.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Infectos
  • Infectos's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Feb 2013 11:26 #92485 by Infectos
Replied by Infectos on topic SITH?

Adder wrote: I feel like the cart is put before the donkey on the topic of Sith heaps. The problem as I see it is the actions portrayed in the movie are not training (as far as I can tell).

The various Sith Masters will use this premise to get the Apprentice to do his/her bidding under the guise of making one more step to finishing training - ie just another form of manipulation. The portrayal of the fictional Sith Masters then are just as machinations of a power hungry dictators who happens to have as their weapon this metaphysical Force. That is an important point... and so then realists who invest into the machination side as being dark, could be missing the realism entirely because the power of the dark side to achieve this is fiction. Sorry to say it, but the whole premise that the power hungry machinations are the dark side seems (to me) logically unsound. Basically it's a trap! The fall is falling for the illusory sensation of power as being actual power. This then could subsequantly leave practioners of that type of dark side seeking power externally from others - which again confronts the reality that the Force as portrayed in the movie is not there to protect and empower. Anyone can be a criminal and steal power, but in those terms the prison system is full of Sith. This then is a wasted opportunity for the Syth in the myth.

I think its a disservice to the potentials in the fiction to fall for that trap. So I find its more useful to develop an approach to the respective Codes which both relate to the Force within each individual persons frame of reference for the Force. From what I've seen Right hand path's (RHP) are defined by what they exclude, where LHP's are called this by the RHP because they exclude nothing, everything is permitted. This aligns with some of the fiction also, about how a few Jedi wanted to train in certain practises which were excluded by the Jedi. These pre-Sith did not want to become the opposite of the Jedi - but a fictional conflict was born. I know now a lot of LHP organisations like to only embrace those aspects which are exclusive to the LHP, but in my understanding of the history of the words this in effect becomes a dark RHP; dark because its own nature is hypocritical and Right Handed because its excluding things. In my opinion.


Yes the major tasks were often something to further the master's own goals but were they not also difficult? Did the apprentice not learn or find hir skills and training tested? While the Sith were a manipulative bunch in the stories, they were also proud of their Sithyness and did make sure that the Sith legacy continued even knowing that their apprentice today could be their executioner tomorrow. There are different ways to take and hold power, not all of them are illegal and to be honest, I'd really rather not have unlimited power because as Uncle Ben tells us "With unlimited power comes unlimited responsibility."

I don't believe that is the difference between RHP and LHP as all groups tend to have certain codes of conduct and things like that, for instance Wiccans have the 3 fold law and maybe other rules, not sure and Satanists have the 11 laws of the Earth. Following a lefty path is not an excuse to do as you please, trust me, I tried :p

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 11:26 #92486 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic SITH?

Akkarin: I don't know who you were address your comment but if it was to me then i can say its not my fault if I explain something as simple as its possible but ppl don't get it just for the reason of ignorance.


Welllll......

See, if you would like your points understood, you have to be able to explain yourself so we can comprehend....

I mean, we could just ignore your comments, instead, we have ask for clarification, and you've said, "if you can't understand, then you are ignorant"....

Really, its your job to make sure you explain yourself, I mean, should you want to have a discussion...

And our job to ask for explanations, if we don't understand what you are meaning, if we want to have a conversation.....

So, as it would seem, you have spoke, the listener ask for clarification, and is not found your response satisfactory, your choice is continue to try to explain, or "chuck it in the f-it, bucket" and move on....

:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Layla
  • Layla's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Feb 2013 12:22 #92498 by Layla
Replied by Layla on topic SITH?
What he was asked of me to point out what i don't agree with in his comment what I did but there isn't anywhere that anyone asked for a further explanation. ;) So If anyone need more explanation just ask it and I will answer unless all this discussion just boring and I really can't give a single f**k :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 13:00 - 01 Feb 2013 13:01 #92504 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic SITH?
Hmmm...

Adder wrote: Secondly, I'm not sure anything you've written there has any connection to what I wrote, so I'm having trouble answering you. You've only got 2 posts and none of them give me any information as to what position you have, at least not which might explain the leaps from my post to your post. So I'll have to assume your defending the very thing I was saying seemed flawed (to me). If that is the case then great, where do you disagree?

Layla wrote: I already explained it to you but I will do it once again. Yes, I definietely disagree that you promote your belief and call other belief fiction based on a sci-fi movie and call yours as the only reality.


So, you offer no rebuttal except "Nuh-uh"....

Layla wrote: Another point where I disagree as you mentioned you saw the Sith aspect in communities. Now we know that see something and study, rather understand its mechanism and phylosophy is not the same category.


Again, "Nuh-uh"... Then, some stuff, not really jiving... So, needs clarification...

Layla wrote: The third point where I disagree that you completely deny the dark/sith aspects of the Force and power


Third, "Nuh-uh"....

No rebuttal, no thoughts in return, Just a "I think you are wrong..."

This is not a very good way to converse, just saying...

Layla wrote: Its just simple ignorance and denying obvious facts. Might you didn't search after the real informations about it or you saw some RPG site where underaged children played Star Wars and acted like Siths.


Accusation, no fact, merely an opinion that is, A. unsubstantiated, and B. uninformed...

Hadi Apollos wrote: Please, show us these "facts."


An asking of information...

Layla wrote: The question is, did I talk about the Force itself or two different belief system or as you like the two opposite ways how to use it. Indeed, Force itself is neutral and its only depends on the user's intention which way uses it. Might you want to reread what I wrote earlier as it was about something else and not the Force.


Dont see an answer to Hadi...

Adder wrote:

Layla wrote: Might you didn't search after the real informations about it or you saw some RPG site where underaged children played Star Wars and acted like Siths.



Hmmm, nope. I thought you might have some thoughts on my post but you seem happy to explain your dissent of my observations instead. As mentioned earlier I find some of your accusations inaccurate but its interesting to consider how you came to those conclusions from what I posted.


Subtle, but still, a post wondering/asking about how your words/statements/thoughts/accusations were arrived at...

Layla wrote: Do you call accusation when someone doesn't agree with you and your point of views? I simple pointed out where and why I don't agree with them.


Still, not real answer...

Instead, defense from a perceived slight...

Adder wrote:

Layla wrote: Do you call accusation when someone doesn't agree with you and your point of views? I simple pointed out where and why I don't agree with them.


You'll have to forgive my "pale ignorance" and "narrow sight" :S


Response to your percieved slight...

Topic has shifted...

No longer about Adder's post...

Still no answer why you disagree, and counter points offered....

(Its generally how conversations go...;)

So, I will backtrack to where you addressed me...

Layla wrote: Jestor, and I say this

A real Sith will see and know both what gives him/her wisdom what use for his/her own benefits and personal growth what gives him/her power. And we know that knowledge is power ;)


Uh, so does a Jedi, my dear...

The Sith do not have the corner on that market...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 01 Feb 2013 13:01 by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Adder, Infectos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Infectos
  • Infectos's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Feb 2013 13:04 #92506 by Infectos
Replied by Infectos on topic SITH?
Layla, you amuse me xD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 13:11 #92507 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic SITH?
DOnt get me wrong, I am not being confrontational...

Just trying to clarify...

Im really a decent guy...

Unless we are talking cookies... Then, Im not so nice...

"I cut a brotha!!"

lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Infectos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero