SITH?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92336 by
Replied by on topic Re: SITH?

Lace96 wrote: talking about the sith, if a sith appears what are we going to do?

Treat them like we would any other person we meet. Give them respect and listen and don't pass judgement about them based on what we think they are like...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92337 by
Well I blue that pretty bad.

My point of "Who says?" Is there are as many opinious of what Sith and Jedi are as there are people that say they are. We sometimes hang onto definitions a little too hard when they are just opinions and opinions can change with the wind.

Sorry about the language thing MCSH. You write well enough to fool me.

More
11 years 2 months ago #92338 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: SITH?
lol Rickie, It's not your fault, and to be honest, I'm proud that my native language is Persian, it show the background I have, that I came from the nation who ruled over half of the world and bring justice to them... :-)

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92341 by
Replied by on topic Re: Re: SITH?

Lace96 wrote: talking about the sith, if a sith appears what are we going to do?

I don't know about the others, but I like a friendly 'hello'. Good place to start.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92343 by
Replied by on topic Re: Re: SITH?
yeap haha ;)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #92347 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: SITH?

Rickie The Grey wrote: Well I blue that pretty bad.

My point of "Who says?" Is there are as many opinious of what Sith and Jedi are as there are people that say they are. We sometimes hang onto definitions a little too hard when they are just opinions and opinions can change with the wind.

Ah...

lol, well, as was said, I said it...

But, if you read my stuff, and get to know me...

I am always expressing opinions that can be wrong, and subject to change with a good conversation....

Really, when anyone speaks, they are expressing an opinion...;)

So far, the only real truth I have found is I exist...

Everything else is subject to debate......

I actually used to have a disclaimer in my sig, something about "all the opinions and views expressed by the above person (Jestor) are opinion... And with intelligent conversation, and enough thought, are subject to change"

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
11 years 2 months ago #92363 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: SITH?
Perhaps someone can clarify this sith thing? I watched the star wars movies but didn't read the books so I don't know all of the fiction behind it. When I hear sith I just think of red face-paint and double-light-sabers and the bitches of the dark lord, lol.

Then when you come to TOTJO they say that the sith are basically selfish people... so basically 90% of Americans are sith; they place individual material gain above all else and pray at the altar of the bank teller.

Then when you listen to the users here who claim to be sith they are basically people who feel guilty about something in the past or are trying to rationalize going against their own conscience...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #92366 by

jasperx wrote: I PROMISE YOU ALL I AM HERE TO STAY

Well now...I wouldn't say THAT...

Party?

Whyte Horse wrote: Perhaps someone can clarify this sith thing? I watched the star wars movies but didn't read the books so I don't know all of the fiction behind it. When I hear sith I just think of red face-paint and double-light-sabers and the bitches of the dark lord, lol.

Then when you come to TOTJO they say that the sith are basically selfish people... so basically 90% of Americans are sith; they place individual material gain above all else and pray at the altar of the bank teller.

Then when you listen to the users here who claim to be sith they are basically people who feel guilty about something in the past or are trying to rationalize going against their own conscience...

I don't care about money and I don't feel guilty about anything, check mate :p
From what I've learned from lurking here is that no two Sith will have the same Sithynes so just ctrl+alt+delete any and all preconceived notions of Sithness you may have gained from movies or dodgy sites, get out there, meet some Sith and judge them based on them....or ask William. :p
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92368 by
Whyte Horse, I don't know the fiction either. I don't intend on ever learning it... besides the new films of course

The real Jedi have adapted the teachings of the fiction to be applicable in the real world. The real Sith have adapted the teachings of the fiction to be applicable in the real world.

Some people have differences of opinion about these adaptations. but on the whole there are similar themes

At TotJO we are influenced by the fiction but I have found in my time here that we are the least fiction orientated part of the community. We take a lot more from the 'real world' including taking heavily from the very things that Star Wars itself was influenced by

But there is much more to being a Sith than being selfish just as there is more to being a Jedi than being selfless. As to whether those people fulfil your expectations of what you think they are well I can't vouch for that

More
11 years 2 months ago #92371 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: SITH?
Well I'm just new here and there are people who self-identify with the word sith so I'd like to know what it is they identify with...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi