Jedi Pyramid

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101758 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

Akkarin wrote: Oooooooooooo there they are! :D [16 Basic Teachings]

I think we would all agree: What an outstandingly formed piece of perfection and art those teachings are! :laugh: :P :whistle:

My goodness...I almost fell off my chair in a state of wonder at their incredible perfection... :ohmy:

B.Div | OCP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #101759 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

Jestor wrote:
I always take offence at your words Andy, concerning "Sunday Jedi", or whatever term you use in a post...

Ya don't know me so you can't be speaking of me, you have no idea what I do for my community, yet your words are, eh, "poorly received"?

Yea, the longer I work on jedi things online, the more frustrated I get. It tends to make me feel elitist in my views about what a Jedi should be. I am actually contemplating leaving the online community behind again.

Apply my own standards to myself. There is honestly not a lot I have to offer the online jedi.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101760 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
How could anyone be offended by Andy? He just makes me think of the fox muttering sour grapes.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #101762 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
That is probably more true than you know. A lot of my "sunday jedi" are probably in a much happier place than I am in terms of who they are and what they want to achieve.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #101763 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Don't you guys love it when "the community" shows up on totjo forums? :silly:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by ren.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101764 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Ren, why are you a girl?

I particularly like the flowers in your hair...

B.Div | OCP

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101765 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Andy and Alethea don't offend me, the remark does...;)

They both are reaching out... And that's great...

Be my friend for our differences, not our similarities...

TOTJO and everyone else started however they started, every single time I see the "time line" of what site, and who've who, I think that this is not very living in the "Now"....

All the sites evolved to the point we are at, by discussion (if argue and bickering can be called discussion...;)), and this proposal is an "injection" of thought...

As has been shown, we also have our plans for improving TOTJO, tightening up our definition of a Jedi Knight...

And, quite frankly, like you like your words, we are fond of ours...

And when the TOTJO could Council is ready, it will be presented to our membership for review...

PRobably only knights, at first anyway, as guests and visitors have no desire to help, as they don't want to dedicate their time and efforts to TOTJO...

Easier not to commit I guess, lol...;)

++++
Andy, again, astute observation...:)

I really mean that...

ANd of course, you are right...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101767 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

V-Tog wrote: Ren, why are you a girl?

It was my easter mood. But I think I'll use a woman again next anyway ;) I can't always be a (male) dictator or a guru.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101769 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
NOT YOU, Jestor, lol. I'm talking to Ren, who keeps pulling and pushing the bill on the fact that this group follows a philosophy and faith which were outlined in the document I posted earlier (which is part of the initiates curriculum here). As I've said, the majority of you won't take a stance on what it means to be a Jedi-but if we took an analysis of your lives it would match up perfectly.

5. Jedi understand that well-being consists in the physical, the mental and the spiritual. A Jedi trains each to ensure they remain capable of performing their duties to the best of their ability. All of these are interconnected and essential part our training in becoming more harmonious with The Force.

This is clearly covered by the Physical Art. Perhaps you should re-read it, as it happens to simply be a rewording of exactly what I said- with provisions given one's medical safety/capabilities.

14. Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony.

This is nothing more than a form of Defense Art. You simply make a statement on exactly what sort of defense art one should seek to obtain- it's called conflict resolution. At the beginning of the section under “Disciplines” it makes a statement that the different arts may intersect with one another. This one intersects with the Spiritual Art, as well as “the Force” at the top of the pyramid. Some people will have a natural ability to resolve and negotiate a conflict, where others may need to do some leg work to learn the skill. Nothing states that a defense art has to be something which you do not already possess a natural knack for.

16. Jedi make a commitment to their cause and to humanity. Our ideals, philosophies, and practices define the belief of Jediism and we take action on this path for self-improvement and to help others. We are both the witnesses and protectors of the Jedi way by the practice of our convictions.

That you do not see how this is “Duty to the People” and how it fits in perfectly with “Respect the Law” as outlined within the Jedi Pyramid is intriguing. It almost makes me believe that you didn't actually read through this document, Ren. It does not say “and/or to help others” it states specifically that you are to HELP OTHERS. Now, consider this- what good are you to someone if you do not respect the law and find yourself in jail for something very petty (stole money from a local store to help someone get money so they don't end up getting foreclosed on, when you could have simply found another creative method of helping them out, legally)? You might state “well I could help people from inside the jail”, but you could help them outside of Jail as well by giving them a chance at outside communication. In fact, it may be more meaningful to those jailed if you were on the outside helping them, than if you were on the inside. Though, as I pointed out, in instances of revolution, there is a different set of rules applied. So long as the cause is noble (taking the fall for someone else is not -IMHO- noble), then it falls within the purview of provisions made within the Jedi Pyramid.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #101770 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

ren wrote:

V-Tog wrote: Ren, why are you a girl?

It was my easter mood. But I think I'll use a woman again next anyway ;) I can't always be a (male) dictator or a guru.

Youll always be my Valentine...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi