Define God

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13161 by
Replied by on topic Re:Define God
RevanJinn wrote:

GOd is the creator of all things larg n small. He watches over us, knows us and guides us through everything. God is the unseen creator, even though we cant see him, hes there no matter what.

My question to you, well two questions if I may, are;

Why is it necessary for people to give a name and sentient behavior to the creating force of the universe?

Why is this force always portrayed as a man? Why can't it be a woman, or an \"It\" for that matter?

And lastly ( I know I said two but hey, sue me)

Why can't it just be a mystery? Why does the creation of the universe and everything in it have to have any answer or reason?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13409 by
GOD cannot and shouldn't be defined. It's a God. We shouldn't interfeere in his bussiness by wanting to learn who HE / SHE / IT is. Let HIM / HER / IT be mysterious. To you, it should be anought to know that HE / SHE / IT dwells in everything.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13413 by
wow, i didn't realize how much trying to let mystery be mysterious terrify me. I have been breaking things down to its most basic things so i can better understand it and better connect with it for so long i have just forgot how to let things be. I will have to meditate on this and see where things take me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13426 by
Before I say anything, you know I love you all, right?;)

We shouldn't interfeere in his bussiness by wanting to learn who HE / SHE / IT is.

But...isnt that in essence, what we tell others to do? By telling others to tap into the force...and thereby having a direct connection with the force, the force of god, the will of god, to know god within ourselves. My dear....we almost encourage such actions.

1. As Jedi, we are in touch with the Living Force flowing through and around us, as well as being spiritually aware of the Force. Jedi are trained to become sensitive to the Force's energy, fluctuations, and disturbances.

13. Jedi use the Force only when it is necessary. We do not apply our abilities or powers to boast or be prideful. We use the Force for knowledge, and exercise wisdom and humility in doing so, for humility is a trait all Jedi must embody.

Seeking the Path; Becoming a Jedi - 4. Learn from other Jedi and unlearn what you have learned. The knowledge and support of other Jedi increases your own knowledge and awareness of the Force. Fellowship is conductive to the learning process of becoming a Jedi, a process that never has an end .

If we use the Force, whether it be for meditative purposes, to increase ones knowledge, to influence ourselves, others or the environment about us; we are in fact nose deep in its business. One cannot be a part of something and not have an influence on it. It is virtually impossible, when it comes to such things.

\"Oh bhikkhus, it is volition that I call karma. Having willed, one acts through body, speech, and mind.\"

In a book that I have read on the teachings of Buddha, this is referenced pertaining to the Aggregate of Mental Formations.

When you tap into the force you are influencing it. And allowing it to influence you.

In a Christian sense, there is the will of God. God has a will, he wants you to follow. Do it not and you are on the path to deception by the Devil. Do his will, and you will be rewarded by being placed in heaven.

This still seems as if both are influencing the other. This theme is widely duplicated in almost every theology concept on earth. Its a cyclic effect, karma, cause and effect, circle of life...call it what you will.

Let HIM / HER / IT be mysterious. To you, it should be anought to know that HE / SHE / IT dwells in everything.

Why can't it just be a mystery? Why does the creation of the universe and everything in it have to have any answer or reason?

Because that is completely the opposite of what consciousness is. Consciousness is not some minor affliction that bars the human higher self or sub-conscious up in some sort of spiritual jail....consciousness analyzes, the sub-conscious guides, the spirit or will makes action.

Lets say for a moment that it absolutely does not matter what happened, how it happened, how long ago it happened; lets go even further to say that we are in a time and place where to even wonder those questions is impossible, due to numerous things as in lack of technology, no references, hunter gatherer society, yadda yadda...in the end you could not avoid eventually falling upon those questions because at some point you have to ask WHY.

It doesn't have to be a question to the universe, or God, or the Force; it would in all probability start with the internal. Why am I here? Why do I do this? Why do I speak? Why do I move? And on and on it goes.

To reason, to think, to devise, to ask, to wonder, to seek answers...they are unable to be simply eradicated from the human mind. Therefore the reason it cant be mysterious is whether or not you know you are seeking the answer, you are still seeking the answer. It is not only human nature, but the nature of all beings capable of such function. One does not simply stop the function. Even in a environment of systematic control and observation, where every move is scrutinized and accounted for, even to a point your very thought process, there will still be those who can pass beyond their human nature of submitting to the law of the herd, the survival instinct; and ask.

\"I understand the how; I do not understand the WHY.\" George Orwell - 1984

Furthermore, based on the obvious gift we have been given i.e. the power to ask the question and investigate it, thus gaining more wisdom and knowledge - and the even greater gift i.e. the never-ending amount that has been left in the open to question and seek - it seems (to me at least, please don't hate me) that to circumvent these activities is not only an act of ignorance to the human nature(which by my opinion is a spiritual nature more than anything) which we cannot escape due to our situation, but an affront to that which made the offering to us in the first place. And even more, I was under the impression that our main purpose was to gain an understanding, increase our knowledge, and gain wisdom by looking INTO the greatest mystery (that we know of) in the known universe, not AWAY from it, and saying basically that it is of little concern.

Again I am not saying that I'm right and you are wrong...nothing of the sort..I am always open to possibilities - but I cant look away from what Ive seen, and therefore will stand by what I have said, with all the conviction in my heart.

Its just where I stand.

There are times, when I can almost feel what it would be like to have things more mysterious, unexplainable. Its not fear that grips me however; its the fact that since my whole being experiences it on many different levels, just basic instinct would lead me to trying to understand it, and at least how it affects me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13437 by
For the most part i tend to view things scientifically. I scan a thing and attempt to break it down to its basics, i spoil movies for myself, i analyze things and figure them out before it happens, it isn't always prediction but sort of forethought. The only problem with me seems to be almost that i 'have' to do this so much so that i can't see the enitial thing as a whole. I do not believe in following anything blindly, in fact my beliefs are some of the most complicated i have seen from almost anyone. It is because i have attempted to break things down and understand the powers that be to my fullest but in doing so i forget that it is the powers that be that i am looking at. Much like the cat behind the fence. I too end up seeing the tail and the head through the fences holes, but forget that it is not a tail/headed cat but a cat as a whole. I have been unable to just let things be and for someone like me i occasionally need to let mystery be mystery because otherwise i loose all faith. So, if you don't mind i will attempt to allow faith back into my life for a little while. I know i will still be asking questions but i won't mind so much if i don't get the answers i seek right away, i think it should just happen naturally.

Also, don't worry about thinking that someone hates you. We are all adults here and i feel no anger towards what you had to say. Of course i can't speak for everyone but that is how i feel for now. Have faith in the mystery but look to understand it from time to time as well. It is the intent on activly looking for the answers that changes what i am doing in my life at the moment. I will not attempt to teach others how they should understand their higher power so don't worry about that :)

Thank you for expressing your opinion though, some people are to shy or afraid to do so.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13442 by
Well then my friend it seems you'll be caught in a perpetual question. Don't get me wrong, it's not questioning I'm saying is wrong, but a little sense of wonder never hurt anyone.

\"We shouldn't interfeere in his bussiness by wanting to learn who HE / SHE / IT is\".

\"But...isnt that in essence, what we tell others to do? By telling others to tap into the force...and thereby having a direct connection with the force, the force of god, the will of god, to know god within ourselves. My dear....we almost encourage such actions.\"

Now that depends on what you believe the force to be. It's my opinion that our will shapes the force, not the other way around. We all take part in creation in some small way. Form the Buddhist texts you've studied.......

\"As a person acts, so he becomes. As our desire is, so are our thoughts, as our thoughts, so are our actions, as we act, so we become.\"

So to me to be nose deep in the business of the force is not to be nose deep in god's work, but your own soul.

\"Why can't it just be a mystery? Why does the creation of the universe and everything in it have to have any answer or reason?\"

\"Because that is completely the opposite of what consciousness is. Consciousness is not some minor affliction that bars the human higher self or sub-conscious up in some sort of spiritual jail....consciousness analyzes, the sub-conscious guides, the spirit or will makes action.\"

How so? Again it seems more like the perpetual question. If you try to answer everything you end up where you started. And maybe that's the point. To have every answer my friend is to know misery. Again it's not wrong to question or seek, but seeking implies a future goal and enlightenment is in the here and now, not some distant point we must strive towards. Not every question need be answered because the unanswered questions are the stuff of dreams are they not? I'd rather look to the sky in awe and wonder of the heavenly spectacle set before me by the force of creation then look to the sky and just know. A difference of opinion I think.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13461 by
Not everyone believes that the Force, is the force of God, or anything else. Some of us believe that the Force, is the same as the Tao, or the way. Not a devine being. Others believe that the force is an energy created by all live, that also connects us to all life, still not a divine being. So by telling someone to tap into the force we are not necessarily telling them to find out who or what God is. Though in the Christian sense that I remember, yes the mystery is part of the Faith part. If you had proof, it would be called Proof not Faith. Sure would be a lot easier though wouldn't it?

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14670 by
God is the almighty creator, however, not Yahweh God has created the universe or multiverse and is not directly involved with the happenings of the physical world, God energy (the Force) however is in everything.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15322 by
i approched the jediism because i belive thatthere's not a real thinking entity... i know that there's energy all aorund us and i can feel it... i feel the Force and i think that this is enough to know...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15327 by
During my search to find answers about \"God\", I found myself looking in many different corridors and religions. I have found that the Force is a major driving point for me. I had a hard time believing that a benevlent God would treat his creation with such quietness. But in searching through gaelicism and learning of \"spirits\" that envelope all things I learned, that the Force is always there, listening and answering in its own time and way. If one wants to call it God, Allah, Budda, Tao or whatever is fine, but to me it will remain the Force.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi