Define God

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9026 by
Define God was created by
In my book this is the best I've seen. Alanis says it so much better than I so ... and I hope you can download the song. It's 9MB. Right Click and Save As ....

Artist: Alanis Morissette
Song: Still

I am the harm which you inflict
I am your brilliance and frustration
I'm the nuclear bombs if they're to hit
I'm your immaturity and your indignance

I am your misfits and your praised
I am your doubt and your conviction

I am your charity and your rape
I am your grasping and expectation

I see you averting your glances
I see you cheering on the war
I see you ignoring your children
And I love you still
And I love you still

I am your joy and your regret
I am your fury and your elation
I am your yearning and your sweat
I am your faithless and your religion

I see you altering history
I see you abusing the land
I see you and your selective amnesia
And I love you still
And I love you still

I am your tragedy and your fortune
I am your crisis and delight
I am your profits and your prophets
I am your art, I am your bytes
I am your death and your decisions
I am your passion and your plights
I am your sickness and convalescence
I am your weapons and your light

I see you holding your grudges
I see you gunning them down
I see you silencing your sisters
And I love you still
And I love you (still)
I see you lie to your country
I see you forcing them out
I see you blaming each other
And I love you still
I love you still

(I see you)

http://TempleOfTheJediOrder.org/jedi_library/15-alanis_morissette-still_(from_the_dogma_soundtrack).mp3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9834 by
Replied by on topic Re:Define God
I try not to define god. Takes away from the mystery it does. It's my opinion that this world we live in now could use a renewed sense of wonder and awe when they view nature and the force of creation in action that made everything we're connected to. All in my opinion of course.

~Merin~

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9840 by
LOL, i guess i am in the exact opposite opinion which is probably why i have been tried so many religions. I feel that the only way to trully believe in something is to break it down to its core, figure it out if you will. Which is why i like the idea of The Force/Tao so much. They can be proven if you want to consider some of the scientific finds we have discovered to be a partial explanation for our (or my) beliefs. Well there you go, lol. Sounds hardly like something to be taken with faith huh? lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10546 by
i like the Tachikoma's definition of god.
\"God seems to be like a Zero in math its non existent but still there\"

More
16 years 3 months ago #10548 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Define God
I remember once during a debate on the existence of God a Rabbi said, \"God is so great he does not even need to exist.\"

:)

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10550 by
right. what did i say? o.O

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #10552 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Define God

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I can find no better comparison to God than my daughter: she makes me smile, worry, angry, hope, laugh, wonder... ; she gives me a hug, I can give her a hug; she is small and frail but strong and full of potential; teaches me about myself; she belongs to me but not for keeps, one day I will have to let go... . What more could one want? I would say God is always just enough.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10554 by
God could be a description of what a person worships souly. Like there are gods and goddesses. I would define god as proverbial being representing a specific idol. People also seem to use god as a generic term to describe other religions' creators.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10557 by
True, i have done much studying since i replied to this post and i have learned much in the few short months. God is the essense of creation that we seem to need a label for, as such we have numberous labels and titles for the same essence that created all things. Some are numberous, other singular. And as for some they do not need a human or idol to know the deity exists, in the case of Kami of Shinto, they need to image of their deity's because all forms are temporary so even if a Kami choose to be in human form they will not be so for long. Many deities have taken forms other then what we would like to view them as. Look at Jesus, i do not wish to insult anyone, he was a temporary vessel for God, well some believe he was God and other just the mere son of God but that is neither here nor there. So it is now my belief that God is all and none at all times and is in all things, out of all things, and threw all things at all time. Whether God is sentient or not is beyond this humble creator of God's creation, but there are a great many coincidences that would leave one to believe that there is a master plan. I choose to call my God by a wide variety of names of which the Force and the Tao is at the head, all other names are different parts or 'being' within the energy of which it is easier for one to tap into for spiritual workings and these would be considered Deities of any name of a deity i need at that time. These are my current thoughts on God.
MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10558 by
Many deities have taken forms other then what we would like to view them as.

These may include any number of Animals who the deities have associated with throughout history. And some even believe some may have been alien but that is getting off topic.

I don't know how to edit so here is what i ment to say, lol.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi