16 years 3 months ago #10815 by
Replied by on topic Re:Define God
Everything and nothing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago #10843 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Define God
\"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.\"
-Douglas Adams

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10846 by
my little thought, is god is the hope and dreams of what you're daughter can do for you, the world and all of us in it. as goes for everyone. i think god is truth the fine word of it. MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10858 by
I have thougth of God as being what ever it is that you want God too be. God is what ever you consider to be the explanatio for things. For scientists, maths is God, for Christians God is the creater, and for us, Jedi, I would think of the Force as God.
God is just a word that can be associated with what ever we want to associate it with.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10886 by
I once knew a man who said: \"Truth is not something you see with your eyes, it is not something you hear in someone's voice, and it is not something you can reach out and touch, but it is something that you feel within your heart, because while senses can be decieving, the spirit will never lie.\"
And that's kind of how I define God. But in a way, you can see God. He's in all of us. He's in our hearts and minds, in our everyday lives With each good deed we do, God is with us. Through our trials, God is with us. He is there to guide and protect us. He loves us always. No matter what we do, or where we go. He is with us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13093 by
I like this topic..

My priest once said, as I'm sure many priests have said...God is in everything, God is everything.

Guess my nature made me take this literally. I deduced that if God fits this statement, then we in fact ARE god. As are the trees the clouds, and the gas and planets...suppose its the whole \"stardust\" matter.

In essence, God would be the sum of all the parts - and we are included into it.

Jyn

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #13095 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Define God
Jyn_Osiris wrote:

I like this topic..

My priest once said, as I'm sure many priests have said...God is in everything, God is everything.

Guess my nature made me take this literally. I deduced that if God fits this statement, then we in fact ARE god. As are the trees the clouds, and the gas and planets...suppose its the whole \"stardust\" matter.

In essence, God would be the sum of all the parts - and we are included into it.

Jyn

I can relate to that, although the christian culture with which I grew up in would label this as pantheiism and unacceptable. I suppose pagans would relate to this more.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13096 by
You are wise Sister, you are wise...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13101 by
If you want to ask where the flowers come from, even the gods of spring don’t know.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13147 by
GOd is the creator of all things larg n small. He watches over us, knows us and guides us through everything. God is the unseen creator, even though we cant see him, hes there no matter what.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi