Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #81250 by RyuJin
I'm a tattooed nerd :lol: ...guess I'm doubly called out :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81256 by
hahah. Well, I think if society had its way.. we'd be homogenous like in the Giver, or Huxley's works, or Orwellian, etc.

Luckily, we have us fools to mess up the system. ;D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81272 by

Masque wrote: Jedis wearing tattoos. . . . For me, it's no big thing. To me, tattoos are a journey through life, an expression of who a person is. . . . What would you think?

I concur, Masque. I wear two exhibits of body art - each fairly inconspicuous, and each obtained only after substantial consideration of what it meant and why I wanted/needed it.

The artist who provided my first one, at one point, asked me why I wanted it. I mentioned that while I knew most people probably had other reasons, for me it revolved around a spiritual need. She replied that she thought undergoing the process was always spiritual - implying that this was so whether the client was aware of it or not. I think that could be true.

Tattoos obtained frivolously may be a different issue - though also maybe not, as perhaps such a tattoo could still be "an expression of who a person is", i.e., an impulsive or frivolous person.

Just my thoughts on the matter . . .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81273 by
A good tattoo artist will make sure you understand what you're getting and, if it might cause problems for you in the working world *I.E. Hand, wrist, neck, facial tattoos*... a good tattoo artist will try to talk you into getting it in a place less conspicuous.

My ex certainly had his standards when it came to this sort of thing. Plus he didn't do Satanic or gang related stuff. And if a person wanted a Motorcycle club patch, they'd better have a fully patched member with them to vouch for them.

On a lighter note, the last time someone freaked out at me and yelled, "You're Body is a Temple, You've Desecrated it!"

I smiled calmly and replied, "If my body is a Temple, it's Mine and I'll decorate it any way I want!"

For once, I caused someone to be speechless after that little type of tantrum. :evil:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81309 by
I am only just getting to know you, Masque, and already I admire your spirit. ;)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #81311 by RyuJin
i always tell them that they're just jealous of my superior aesthetics :silly:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #81835 by
Thought this might be a good time to show you all the tattoo I plan on getting.

Attachment 5250_217673775454_208411345454_7827555_4872553_n.jpg not found

Attachment Irelandtattoo.jpg not found

Attachment SNF29STE3-380_976056a.jpg not found

Attachment Stephen-Ireland_ta_1488538i.jpg not found

Attachment Tattoo.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81911 by
If I may suggest... Make the feathers come down to an end just above the waistline instead of curling around, and, if you're getting impressive, make the wing feathers go down the back of your arms so when you raise them, it looks like you're spreading your wings. :D

Give me a second and I'll show off the memorial tattoo I'm getting.

More
11 years 4 months ago #81914 by Adder
From a distance it looks a bit like a really hairy back :lol:

Not that there is anything wrong with that :dry:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81915 by
It's scary, trying to criticize or improve somebody's vision of a tattoo, isn't it? hahaha. I always feel like I am criticizing a sculptor or a painting: "I think it would work better this way."

Makes me nervous.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi