Jedis and Tattoos? Your thoughts and comments

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #81918 by
Okay, this is the picture I'm getting, minus the Heiroglyphics.

http://tigerpixie.com/catalog.php?item=113
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by . Reason: trying to add a picture link

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #81923 by
Do tattoos help you be a better student of or believer in the force? :unsure:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81924 by
Yes, yes they do.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81927 by
It depends on your own beliefs, I think. If you truly feel that a representation of your faith or your Path helps you on your way, then yes.
For others, it's simply a declaration of who they are and the trials they've faced.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #81962 by
To say the least all my tattoos are a reflection of me and my values, there is some that are not so classy, but again i see no problem with tats i plan to get more to show the world who I am without speaking.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82088 by
I have a couple of tattoos also. One shoulder has a tattoo of Justice (or Justicia as I call her). The other shoulder has a flaming skull done in black and grey (I like it because my biker friends think it looks biker, my geek friends think it's Ghost Rider).

I am strongly thinking of getting the Old Republic Jedi insignia as a tattoo on my leg.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82130 by
I believe tattoos to be incorrect. I will never get one nor will I discernibly mark my body in any permanent manner. The body is the temple of the Force, the conduit by which all things light and dark can be realized. To pervert this temple is foolish in my opinion, no matter how important or meaningful the tattoo is.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82135 by
Indeed, Rubix, but each temple is different. No two are the same. Therefore the individual temple should be defined by the person who cares for it.

But then, Tattoos are not for everyone. I'll be the first one to say that. There are those who feel the way you do, Rubix, and that is okay. I enjoy the honesty of your belief.

It is the ones that jump up and down, scream and shout, then get in my face about it that I have a problem with.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82143 by
Honesty is actually something I value on a very personal level, Masque. It is the one thing that remains lightside about me and tilts me more to the brightness than the shadow.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #82245 by RyuJin
Ah, judge me not by the colors in my skin, but by the content of my character....M.L.K....sort of

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi