Proposal for all of us

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6487 by
Replied by on topic Re:Proposal for all of us
Do I understand correctly that there's to be a temple built. If so, I am eager to see pictures and attend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6488 by
You understand correctly. There is a physical temple being built in Michigan. It's on a good size piece of land too that even has a stream running through it. Last we heard, construction is coming along quickly. We are still waiting for pictures.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7004 by
Posted over at TOTJF...

RIVER OF LAKES RESORT AND CAMPGROUND

24$/tent site 26$ pop-up or RV/28$ with 50 amp service & water

608 996 2275

WYALUSING STATE PARK

3 group camping sites/ max. 20 people- 40$ (with twenty people)
2 group camping sites/ max. 40 people- 80$ (with forty people)

individual sites 12$ WI-residents/ 14$ non-residents

park stickers/vehicle stickers 25$/35$ WI/non-WI

608 996 2261

JELLYSTONE PARK & CAMPGROUND

Has not returned my call as of yet

608 996 2201

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7005 by
also posted over at TOTJO...

Okay, guys, I finally have official info on the Creation Station in Cameron.

It costs $525 per six-hour block, which includes tables/chairs, and requires a deposit (non-refundable) of $300. Food is available, but extra.

Sorry, folks, I think we have to rule this place out. This is just too darn pricey.

The rates that Jacen posted for the camping sites in Bagley are much more reasonable. They should still be considered. Anyone else who has info on other camping sites (my gut feeling is that camping is the way to go on this), please post.

I don't believe the Rivers site should be counted out yet, either.

A thought hit me while writing this: what about an encampment at an already-existing event, such as Burning Man or Pennsic? We would avoid having to lay out a site fee; we'd just have to pay for our own spaces in the encampment (and travel).

Comments? Opinions? Thoughts?

MTFBWUA,
-Chance

PS: the info on the Bagley sites was posted at TOTJF by Jacen. Credit where credit's due.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7019 by
Master Merin,
please allow me to explain, firstly the time of the post was after the thread of the Rivers Temple had already been started and was being ignored by most. you as am i are of both sites. so my statement was not intened to be directed at those who are of both. you can not deny that many have issues with Br. John and would not only distance themselves from this place, but outright avoid it completely, even though he has very little to do with its conception or completeion. that was what my statement was intended to say, and i am sorry that it was phrased in a way as to create issues and misunderstandings. several who were involved starting a similar thread the thread over at the TOTJF, were pushing for a different meeting site competely, and even though Master Justice interjected the idea of the Rivers Temple, it was ignored completely. those are the foundations of my statement. there may not be \"as much bad blood\" in your opinion, but indeed you do not speak for everyone at the TOTJF and i know there are still several that still have issues with Br. John just by the posts they have made. its not that i blame anyone or fault anyone for thier issues, its only human after all.

Merin Kyo Den wrote:

Bylar wrote:

honestly i doubt if anyone from the TOTJF will want to even be involved with the Rivers Temple. to them it has the odor of Br. John all over it and as this is unfortunate, nothing we say or do can convince them otherwise. if we wish to have a gathering there we still can and should. any word on the status of the construction or completion date?

Why would you make a blanket statement like that? Just so you know I had every intention of showing up for the opening and would be glad to helped if asked, as I'm sure many other at TOTJF would be as well. While we may have been mad at John shutting the site down once or twice that doesn't mean we wouldn't want to be a part of it. There's not nearly as much bad blood as is thought and it's only really present en mass if you look for it. \"Your focus determines your reality\" does it not?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7056 by
Glad the air has been cleared of that note. Let's press on with sorting out the real subject at hand with this topic. This thread hasn't seen as much action as it probably should. There is plenty of camping area at the River's Temple, may be a bit nippy at night as the years grows along and summer fades, but that's what the sleeping bags are for, right?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7063 by
Justice wrote:

Glad the air has been cleared of that note. Let's press on with sorting out the real subject at hand with this topic. This thread hasn't seen as much action as it probably should. There is plenty of camping area at the River's Temple, may be a bit nippy at night as the years grows along and summer fades, but that's what the sleeping bags are for, right?

Indeed that is what they are for fer sure. LOL. not to mention that we are Jedi? Doesn't that mean a minimum of 4 layers? :)

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7073 by
I wouldn't bring a sleeping bag, I'd just bring someone to cuddle up with, to keep me warm. I'm from near there, I need to get my \"snow shoes\" back anyways, if I can make it of course.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi