Proposal for all of us

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6242 by
Replied by on topic Re:Proposal for all of us
well I don't know about everyone else but it seems pretty darn illogical to me to meet in a rather remote state when there will be a perfectly good Jedi Temple to meet at with lots of acreage attached...or maybe thats just me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6245 by
I've noticed that over at TOTJF, they are leaning towards the WI site because they believe the Rivers site to be more of an actual church. They want a neutral location, though I believe the Rivers Temple to be plenty neutral. If I get the job I'm shooting for in Chicago, the Rivers Temple will be A LOT closer compared to where I'm at now. I'd love to be there when it opens/dedicated, just not sure if I'll be able to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6254 by
Kitsu wrote:

I for one am Eagerly waiting to hear more about this Temple in Rivers. I live in Jackson MI so going there for a visit wont be of any issue for me. I also know that several others will be coming along in my little party.

Do they have pictures of the place? Even if it is just it in the middle of construction i would love to see what it is starting to look like!!

*Bows*

We only have pictures of the land before they started building...We keep requesting pictures. Hopefully they will provide us with some soon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6289 by
well, I finally have some info on the WI site. It's Called 'Celebration Station', Located on 700 N. 1st st., Cameron, WI.

They have one large hall, which can be partitioned off into several smaller rooms. They rent the hall out in 6-hour blocks, for around $525 per block; this includes tables and chairs. There is a service fee for clean-up. Lunch and dinner buffets are offered at upwards of $7 a plate.

They're sending me a brochure via snail mail.

My chief concern with this; this was intended to be a weekend-long event. At $500 per 6 hours, I fear this may be cost-prohibitive. (I sure as hell couldn't pay for it myself)

I understand there's some frustration with the progress of the Rivers Temple, but at least the property is secured.

And of course, if there are any other places y'all can think of, I'm all ears.

MTFBWUA,
'Rev.' Chance

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6291 by
Well the Temple in Michigan will be free to camp at and commune within.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6292 by
honestly i doubt if anyone from the TOTJF will want to even be involved with the Rivers Temple. to them it has the odor of Br. John all over it and as this is unfortunate, nothing we say or do can convince them otherwise. if we wish to have a gathering there we still can and should. any word on the status of the construction or completion date?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6302 by
id also like to now if knights can rent or own small places to hold classes for any type of Jedi activity.
that i have to say is my selfish goal...id really like to give Jedi a place to meet neer aria.

A Knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His word specks only truth
His blade deffends the helpless
His might up holds the weak
His rath undoes the wicked

Virtue: You dont need a reason to help people
Devotion: I will always change, but I will always be myself.
Sorrow: How do you prove you exist...? Maybe we dont exist...
Dilemma: Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?
Indulgence: I do what I want! Do you have a problem!?
Arrogance: The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
Despair: To be forgotten is worse than death.
/Solitude: do not walk behind me for a may not lead you,do not walk ahead of me for i may not follow dont walk beside me for i may not need you,just know that im here.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6477 by
All right, we seem to be unable to come to an agreement between temples as to site. Does anyone have an alternate site suggestion?
-Chance

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6479 by
Bylar wrote:

honestly i doubt if anyone from the TOTJF will want to even be involved with the Rivers Temple. to them it has the odor of Br. John all over it and as this is unfortunate, nothing we say or do can convince them otherwise. if we wish to have a gathering there we still can and should. any word on the status of the construction or completion date?

Why would you make a blanket statement like that? Just so you know I had every intention of showing up for the opening and would be glad to helped if asked, as I'm sure many other at TOTJF would be as well. While we may have been mad at John shutting the site down once or twice that doesn't mean we wouldn't want to be a part of it. There's not nearly as much bad blood as is thought and it's only really present en mass if you look for it. \"Your focus determines your reality\" does it not?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6480 by
Merin Kyo Den wrote:

Bylar wrote:

Why would you make a blanket statement like that? Just so you know I had every intention of showing up for the opening and would be glad to helped if asked, as I'm sure many other at TOTJF would be as well. While we may have been mad at John shutting the site down once or twice that doesn't mean we wouldn't want to be a part of it. There's not nearly as much bad blood as is thought and it's only really present en mass if you look for it. \"Your focus determines your reality\" does it not?

It would be wonderful to have you at the consecration ceremony Master Merin. We will be doing blessings from several different Faiths/cultures
And it would be a blessing in and of itself to have you and any other Jedi who may want to attend.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi